Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislar

New Special #Day - No Nexus Day

I think most of us worked hard to get the nexus we have. I personally just added more to mix Sr's in doing so I had to transfer some with transfer stones. Since the transfers came into game it's honestly very easy to level any skill you want. To give a day that gives them who chose not to have nexus just doesn't seem right to us who have worked hard for ours. Yet I don't agree with day of positivity either. If I choose to take neg perks why should a day change fix that. Only real neg I see that day benefits is hell spawn.

idea is to give people an idea of what they can do with the nexuses get a taste of what may be good and not. like the no science day. is. I still read up on stuff as the day should be rare enough as for people not to depend on it for their char development. and the nexus transfer stones will be still be used a lot. and i did put in a lot in nexuses am about 15 nexuses away from having all that are needed for doing anything in game. but i am not about to go to nexus 10 without having an idea on how it will influence me on mixing. We have days that promote the living with different chars in different builds a lot. And this could be such a day,

And not every day need a negative to even it out.

How this would affect me:

• I already have nexus for everything but perhaps the top potions, but that might actually be skill that I lack and not nexus. (I have 5 vegital and over 30 nexus total).
  • I would be able to train summoning via bear stones and make fluffy stones for myself. I don't currently have the nexus for that (I need 3 more).
  • I would be able to save on nexus transfer stones or not have to wait to gain extra nexus.
  • I would get less business mixing people's weapons/armor because they might be able to mix it without the nexus. Only my SKILL would keep business for me.
  • A slight change in the wording of the advice I give to newbs.

How this affects others:

• OMG! I built a fighter build or I am a newb and I can Attempt to do these wicked things on this day!
  • I am high enough in skill to make this item, but never had the nexus, but this day changes it. I don't need these people who build their char to let them make it.
  • Hmmm....so this is what I can do with more ______ nexus.....maybe I will transfer some nexus to this or put pickpoints into it.
  • Nexus is for losers, I will buy attributes with my pickpoints and worry about non-human nexus that I need for using other skills later.

If you put in the #day or not, I could live with the decision. I might recommend no more than +3 to a nexus (-3 to the requirement) though, just to avoid the notion that nexus else than human nexus is worthless and then everyone makes a fighter build and waits for an elusive #day to do anything else than fighting.

Edited by nathanstenzel

A few comments (this is not specifically on nathanstenzel, but because he summarized well many of those I saw in other posts).

How this would affect me:

• I already have nexus for everything but perhaps the top potions, but that might actually be skill that I lack and not nexus. (I have 5 vegital and over 30 nexus total).

1) That's why it's not true that there is a free beer. You can't seriously level a lot if you have to wait for a special day. No way I'll be able to manu a dragon armor if I only level manu on a special day (and this day won't even give increased xp). Leveling a skill only on special days is already slow enough, but you could give it a try more easily.

• I would be able to train summoning via bear stones and make fluffy stones for myself. I don't currently have the nexus for that (I need 3 more).

This only applies to a day who gives max nexus. A day which only increases the nexus a bit doesn't have this drawback.

• I would be able to save on nexus transfer stones or not have to wait to gain extra nexus.

A bit (see my post) if the day only increases nexuses.

• I would get less business mixing people's weapons/armor because they might be able to mix it without the nexus. Only my SKILL would keep business for me.

Not really, see answer 1). People who do not have a mixer/summoner/etc build won't likely have enough resources and time to get their supplies ready for all of the items they need on a special day. Don't fighter always look for essences even if they can mix them, just because they don't spend enough time resupplying for battle?

How this affects others:

• OMG! I built a fighter build or I am a newb and I can Attempt to do these wicked things on this day!

Well, only if we give completely free max nexus AND the guy wants to waste resources for stuff he doesn't have the skill level for...

• I am high enough in skill to make this item, but never had the nexus, but this day changes it. I don't need these people who build their char to let them make it.

A pure fighter won't ever be able to mix very high stuff at a convenient success rate. If he/she had all levels below 80, he/she would be an allrounder. Yes, this kind of day would truly benefit allrounders, and IMHO there are not a lot of special days that do so...

• Hmmm....so this is what I can do with more ______ nexus.....maybe I will transfer some nexus to this or put pickpoints into it.

Indeed. And enticing people to try other aspects of the game and try to develop their character is a good thing, IMO.

If you put in the #day or not, I could live with the decision. I might recommend no more than +3 to a nexus (-3 to the requirement) though, just to avoid the notion that nexus else than human nexus is worthless and then everyone makes a fighter build and waits for an elusive #day to do anything else than fighting.

I agree here with Nathanstenzel. I believe that the increase should be limited to +1, maybe +2.

IMO, +3 to all nexuses is already too much. Unless we want to have separate days: day of more Animal Nexus, day of more Human Nexus, and so on. They should be even more rare, however.

To answer another of the posts: I am also a programmer and I'd take on implementing this, if it was my business and if this would increase player satisfaction and number of players (I proposed this because I think it is true).

In fact, the change might even be trivial to implement (but this second statement is just my personal guess, as it really depends on the server code structure and implementation which of course I do not know).

Cheers

xam

There are some items that take little in the way of nexus to level up a skill. Giving too much nexus during the day would mean that leather helms for example could train a person up to a manu level for steel plate or something. I was quite the mad hatter myself. I have mixed well over 1 million leather helms in my EL lifetime and with good rationality and/or emu capacity, the xp really adds up.

This post is an added thought to my previous post. It explains how I think a person could get away with not spending much into nexus when the item you desire to mix is within the nexus bonus of the #day.

I still believe increasing nexuses by 1 is not such a revolution. It cannot be a way to level, if we care to do the math at all.

There is NO WAY someone could mix 1M+ leather elms (just to take Nathanstenzel's example) by mixing only during nexus days.

Even at 1 helm every 2 seconds, when including time to eat and get ingredients, I don't believe you can't mix more than about 10000 elms in 6 hours. That would require about 100 increased nexus days to make 1M helms. if the day is 0.8% of the special days, like many are, this will require 12500 special days, and if we have one special days every day (1 out of 4 EL days, and we don't come even close to that), it amounts to more than 34 years in RL.

Let's say you can make 1 helm per second with help from your guild. It's still 17 years waiting for increased nexus days to level manu, and perfectly exploiting them... unbelievable.

The skill level is the limit, and people has to train constantly to get it; a rare day of increased nexus will only allow people to try out new stuff IMHO.

The skill level is the limit, and people has to train constantly to get it; a rare day of increased nexus will only allow people to try out new stuff IMHO.

It would also let people complete tutorial quests where they couldn't before because they were unwilling to take on the extra nexus for some of the high level items. Let's face it... if you had MOST of the nexus needed, you could level to L100 in most skills reasonably. But as you are aware, as you level, those pick points are harder and harder to come by, so grabbing an extra nexus or two just so you can make a few items at the top of a skill list... items that may or may not come up regularly maybe be considered wasteful by some people. This suggestion all of a sudden gives them the ability to complete the tutorial or have a day every once in a while to load up on those rarely needed items.

I'm guessing that may not be desired by Entropy (just guessing - I don't know his mind). But I believe having some challenges that can't be negated by a special day is what separates those that are serious about a skill from those who aren't.

If all you wanted to do was toy with the idea of manu for a while (as an example)... you could also reset. A bit more extreme... but an option I have seen some people do in the past.

Still I'll view such day critical. Getting the nexus to be able to forge those high-level, high-nexus items is a concious decision. It is one of the few ways which make such big PP investment in a non-a/d skill somewhat worthwhile as it allows then to forge items which only a few players can make. If this advantage is also negated, there's little point to getting those last nexus in skills. One cannot make high-level high-nexus items on a daily basis anyway due to their ingedients price.

Still I'll view such day critical. Getting the nexus to be able to forge those high-level, high-nexus items is a concious decision. It is one of the few ways which make such big PP investment in a non-a/d skill somewhat worthwhile as it allows then to forge items which only a few players can make. If this advantage is also negated, there's little point to getting those last nexus in skills. One cannot make high-level high-nexus items on a daily basis anyway due to their ingedients price.

Exactly why I think such a day is a bad idea.

With respect to completing the tutorials:

I completed all tutorials that I had the levels for, even when I didn''t have the nexus, by investing in nexus transfer stones. Considering the price of the ingredients you poof this is only a little extra cost. I did wait for extra xp days to finish them, and got some extra reward in that way. I think that the availability of nexus transfer stones makes this day an unnecessary and unfair addition to the (too) long list of special days.

Edited by Maxine

I still believe increasing nexuses by 1 is not such a revolution. It cannot be a way to level, if we care to do the math at all.

There is NO WAY someone could mix 1M+ leather elms (just to take Nathanstenzel's example) by mixing only during nexus days.

Even at 1 helm every 2 seconds, when including time to eat and get ingredients, I don't believe you can't mix more than about 10000 elms in 6 hours. That would require about 100 increased nexus days to make 1M helms. if the day is 0.8% of the special days, like many are, this will require 12500 special days, and if we have one special days every day (1 out of 4 EL days, and we don't come even close to that), it amounts to more than 34 years in RL.

Let's say you can make 1 helm per second with help from your guild. It's still 17 years waiting for increased nexus days to level manu, and perfectly exploiting them... unbelievable.

Actually, I was referring to having just enough nexus to make leather helms, making 1 million and then being able to make the cool stuff on the day if it gives too much nexus.

There are a number of players who have already the skills from previous time in the game but have removed nexus in effort to "be all they can be" in combat. These are the players who would benefit most from 'No Nexus' or 'Reduced Nexus' days not people exploring.making new items.

Fighter builds are already in the majority, by fighter class I mean chars that spend PP on combat be it mage, summoner, tank, Pker etc, there are too few people who have dedicated themselves as high lvl mixers spending PP on creating, this day would serve no purpose but to cheapen these skills.

If more nexus is needed there are transfer stones in game already and PP can be bought at 50 hydro already

Edited by Rokk