Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raistlin

Big Books of Potioning/Engineering

I would like to suggest introducing the remaining 2 big books of potioning/engineering as makeable items by players.

What we have now:

Big Book of Crafting: rec. CRA 100, ACP used 200, 10 papers, 5 quills

Big Book of Manufacturing: rec. MAN 100, ACP used 250, 12 papers, 6 quills

Big Book of Tailoring: rec. TAI 100, ACP used 450, 24 papers, 12 quills

My suggestion:

Big Book of Potioning: rec. POT 100, ACP used ~300, ~16 papers, ~8 quills

Big Book of Engineering: rec. ENG 100, ACP used ~400, ~20 papers, ~10 quills

I tried to adjust the items/acp needed to their respective price from NPC.

I think it would be cool to see big books of potion/eng./ranging as instance drops instead as they would be a depletable resource. :)

Yeah, that's just what we need, instance farmers screwing the price of yet another item.

This is a mixing topic, let's keep it for mixers.

Sure, no worries, mixers just be sure to extend the same courtesy on the next "fighting topic", thanks.

Yeah, that's just what we need, instance farmers screwing the price of yet another item.

Player Rankings for elf_ninja

last 365 days

Skill Rank Num Tied

Attack 290 15

Defense 298 21

Ranged 282 27

Summoning 133 13

Harvest 267 19

Alchemy 142 18

Magic 171 21

Potion 549 26

Manufacture 86 11

Crafting 13 2

Engineering 111 6

Tailoring 371 34

CombatSkills 224 6

NonCombat 87 0

AllAround 94 2

Overall 184 12

I might qualify to speak on mixing terms as that is mostly what i do......I may not be as high of a mixer as you but my mixing skills are still a better percentage then my a/d, I offered my opinion, I didn't expect to be attacked and lumped in with being a "super trainer a/d pk instance farmer" type person. I find your comment somewhat childish.

I simply think that a depletable resource like this for instances would be a good thing. take the Rdholam out and replace it with books that are used up and then in order for people to use it again they have to buy one. Make it a rare drop like the rdholam so you don't get one every trip it keeps it expensive. Make it so that the NPC can't sell and people can't make so it's a viable resource that goes away over time, instead of sitting on your head never breaking and making other objects in game like CoL's etc. almost obsolete due to price.

Sorry if i got this wrong but I thought the suggestions forum was a place to hash out ideas that may one day be included in the game, offering honest opinions from varying angles to come up with the best possible solution for the future player base sustainability of EL........

I would like to suggest introducing the remaining 2 big books of potioning/engineering as makeable items by players.

I approve this message..err. post. :P

Both variations, mixing them and getting them as instance drops, look ok to me.

What about big books of summoning and ranging ? Are they going to be introduced ?

What about big books of summoning and ranging ? Are they going to be introduced ?

Those books do not exist, and will most likely not be introduced (not mixing skills)

Those books do not exist, and will most likely not be introduced (not mixing skills)

Summoning is not a mixing skill? Better tell those mixing stones to level.

I would still like to see the potion and engineering books mixable, so reviving this suggestion.

I think the suggested recipes are very reasonable, and would encourage me to get more Action Points ;)

This time, please lets just keep the responses limited to the topic :P

I would still like to see the potion and engineering books mixable, so reviving this suggestion.

I think the suggested recipes are very reasonable, and would encourage me to get more Action Points ;)

This time, please lets just keep the responses limited to the topic :P

It actually may encourage people to buy Enriched Essences from store for reaching level 100+ necessary to write books.

I think the idea is good... but 400 AP? I have lots of pp away from p/c, and I don't have 400 ap... but... maybe if/when I got 100 potion... it will be different.

Sure, no worries, mixers just be sure to extend the same courtesy on the next "fighting topic", thanks.

No kidding, lol

But I tend to stay away from fighting topics anyway...

Edited by Lexi