Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nardo Lala

Action Points bar in HUD display

Now that action points are getting slowly more important in-game, perhaps have a bar for it also in the HUD display?

Sounds like a good idea. I have added a floating message already. Keeping in mind use at the lowest resolution (800x600) what would be the preference. An optional bar? Reducing the size of the existing bars? Could there be a complete rethink of the status bars? Move them some place else? Make them more all more configurable?

Keeping in mind use at the lowest resolution (800x600) what would be the preference.

Without implying my preference, here's a few ideas:

1. A pop-up selection with check-boxes (sort of like the View menu on your browser when you can select which of a number of things to see) and you could select which bars you see. This could include the skill-1 and skill-2 choices currently available for larger window sizes.

2. A setting where you can define how many bars you see, where action points, skill-1 and skill-2 are the "optional" ones that only appear if you set the number >4 (mana, food, health, emu). The length of the bars is adjusted so the requested number fit. So:

[___mana___] [___food___] [__health__] [___carry__] [___skill__]

vs:

[_mana_] [_food_] [health] [_carry] [action] [_skill] [_skill]

3. A setting that allows you to get two rows of status bars where the ones without labels are stacked two high leaving room on the right for the skill bars that need the extra height for text. So:

vs:

[___mana___] [___food___] [__health__] [___skill__] [___skill__]

[___carry__] [__action__] . . . . . . . skill name . skill name

Edit: added _ and . because it compressed out the spaces, switched to a fixed-width font, and it's still not perfect.

Edited by bkc56

What about below the EL logo but above the quickspell/inv slots? dunno if that would be a pain to do but then it's visible.

I personally would like to be able to move those bars around and add them...it would make everyone happy :P

Yes, to be able to customize your own screen with (skills, action points HUD, Food HUD, etc) would be cool. I personaly like this idea and think that it would make the gameerface more interesting.

But if someone did something to the customization and F***** it up, there will also be an increase of posts in the "Help me" section on the forums. But if people are happy to help other on that then its a good suggestion to me.

Anyhow, I have gotten off topic and I like this idea of an Action Points HUD. Possibly make the colour purple or black for action points :D

-- Ki11a

But if someone did something to the customization and F***** it up, there will also be an increase of posts in the "Help me" section on the forums. But if people are happy to help other on that then its a good suggestion to me.

There can always be a "Return to defaults" button available :)

I personally would like to be able to move those bars around and add them...it would make everyone happy :P

Yes, to be able to customize your own screen with (skills, action points HUD, Food HUD, etc) would be cool. I personaly like this idea and think that it would make the gameerface more interesting.

Choice of adding attributes would be nice; I hate using potions and not seeing when I have bonuses and needing to check statistics page.

Choice of adding attributes would be nice; I hate using potions and not seeing when I have bonuses and needing to check statistics page.

Yes, I totally agree with this, there's plenty of space for this with higher resolutions.

Sry fore replying here, i know is the wrong place, but here came to me the idea again

I think i have seen some screenshost where u can have 2 skill bars. Does any one know where and how to configure that?

Thx AitorTillas

Sry fore replying here, i know is the wrong place, but here came to me the idea again

I think i have seen some screenshost where u can have 2 skill bars. Does any one know where and how to configure that?

Thx AitorTillas

If resolution is big enough - shift click on the second skill on the irght and it will appear at the bottom (or is it control)

Edited by Raz

Thx AitorTillas

If your game window resolution is high enough, you can add skill bars by Shift-Left clicking skills in the HUD. Then, right-clicking on it allows to remove it or change the skill displayed.

<edit>I'm too slow...</edit>

Edited by Kabuya

If resolution is big enough - shift click on the second skill on the irght and it will appear at the bottom (or is it control)

If your game window resolution is high enough, you can add skill bars by Shift-Left clicking skills in the HUD. Then, right-clicking on it allows to remove it or change the skill displayed.

<edit>I'm too slow...</edit>

Amazing. worked 100$. Tyvm both :)

I wouldn't mind an option where you could get the Mana Food Health and EMU bar together with an AcPo bar up above the skillbar window on the right (moving them off from the area above the buttons) and ofc have the option to add other bars there too as wished for above.

It would just be sufficient to add icons to already used buffs area above HUD I think.

Do people still want this extra hud bar? I've written a simple patch to add the extra bar, there's also an on/off option. With the action points bar displayed, all bars are a little shorter. Here are a couple of screen shots:

gallery_14814_57_44603.png

gallery_14814_57_36776.png

I'd still like to do a fully configurable HUD but perhaps another time.

Edited by bluap

Looks awesome.

One question though, will the bars be bigger if you play on a higher resolution?

Thanks for the replies. Good idea DonC, I'll change it to make use of free space at higher resolution. I was keeping all the free space for skills bars but if the space is unused, the stats bars might as well use it. I'll increase them only up to the original size though.

I've committed the change. I've tried to optimise the space used and provided more flexible control over the number of exp bars displayed.