Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

1.9.2 Update

I still can't build proper static binaries for Linux but I do have versions without the FSAA option if that helps. Linux 32 and 64 bit. I'll update the Ubuntu and Debian packages later today; they will be full builds.
We don't really need FFSA, but we'll see if we can get a FFSA Linux client.

EDIT: new binaries in a few mins, they've already been tested by a couple of people and seem to be working great.

Edited by Korrode

Everything looks fine except that blank white startup screen and that I cannot turn on the eye-candy.

Sys specs:

Win XP SP3 x86
Intel C2D T5500
3,2 GB RAM
intel 945M graphics

Linux download + 'git pull' etc.

Works correctly so far (with options for anti-aliasing, new textures, FSAA and use-SIMD activated)

I edited my original post to include an error log. I've also tried disabling custom clothes and the ATI and Mouse Bug options.

Try to disable the sounds too.

At which particular point does it crash?

Do you have the latest video drivers? If so, when did you download and install them?

Hi :)

I'm using ubuntu 64bit.

I have download and compiled from git.

The only change I did was to change platform to native since I have an amd.

I put the data file updates in .elc/updates/1_9_1, same place as I have put all the other patches

Everything works except for these things:

1. It can't find these files.

[19:08:57, image_loading.c:533] Error: File './textures/eye_candy' not found!

[19:08:57, textures.c:529] Error: Error loading image './textures/eye_candy'

[19:08:57, image_loading.c:533] Error: File './textures/eye_candy_burn' not found!

[19:08:57, textures.c:529] Error: Error loading image './textures/eye_candy_burn'

moving everything from 1_9_1 to 1_9_2 solved this problem

2. the top of the boots was folded over before, now it's just flat

3. It doesn't load my maps from updates

moving the maps to updates/1_9_2 solved this problem

4. I had local customs in the .elc/custom, they don't load

I'll just leave this post if someone has the same problems. My problems were all solved by renaming the updates/1_9_1 to 1_9_2.

Edited by joo

How did you fix your problem?

I re-installed the update over my client again, but I still don't think I did it correctly.. today I have horrible lag, and I've done everything I could to try to make it go away, etc.

Still white load/sign in and the load times are much longer than what they used to be.

getting about ~5 FPS when I used to get ~35-40.

New FSAA supporting Linux static binaries for testing.

These ones have libgcc and libstdc++ statically linked. (Not having them was causing problems for people due to the newness of my g++/libstdc++).

As before you still need to have (lib)SDL 1.2.x installed. (but not SDL_image or SDL_net)

32bit

64bit

EDIT: Just updated again from a git pull minutes ago, which includes a last minute fix from Xaphier for an issue that made at least 1 person crash when they tried to run the client due it not detecting that it shouldn't use animation program (or something :P ask Xaph).

Thanks to the people who helped testing binaries. These binaries should be all good now.

EDIT2:

Turns out one of the things Xaphier did in that last commit was disable FSAA for linux (done in Makefile.linux). To my surprise the FSAA functions were what was preventing me from statically linking SDL successfully (I didn't and still don't see how they can be related, but I ain't a well-versed coder so *shrugs* ...plus I thought the only reason bluap couldn't use FSAA with his was due to too old libGL/libGLU or some such).

So, binaries to pick from:

32bit:

pre-Xaph's commit, FSAA enabled, lidSDL not statically linked

post-Xaph's commit, FSAA disabled, libSDL is statically linked

64bit:

pre-Xaph's commit, FSAA enabled, lidSDL not statically linked

post-Xaph's commit, FSAA disabled, libSDL is statically linked

i'm over making binaries. time to sleep :P

Edited by Korrode

How did you fix your problem?

I re-installed the update over my client again, but I still don't think I did it correctly.. today I have horrible lag, and I've done everything I could to try to make it go away, etc.

Still white load/sign in and the load times are much longer than what they used to be.

getting about ~5 FPS when I used to get ~35-40.

The white loading screen is known with some old video cards. I am not sure why you get the fps problems, and the slower loading times. For almost all people, loading maps is at least as fast (but usually faster) than before. You might want to update your video card too, that's really old, like 8 years old, and will soon be unsuported.

Okay, I managed to get korrode's clients working, compiled my own (all this on the linux 32bit) and am left with this problem on all of them:

http://img.flashtux.org/img132dd1736d23xdb33c262.png

Any ideas at all?

Edit: Sir_Odie set me straight on this one, I not only ended up with the wrong el.ini (it needs to be the one in .elc) setting the data directory but I had 2 somehow with all the copying and testing I was doing.

Did you check the error logs for any obvious stuff, like missing files, etc?

Does the problem appear with Korrode's client?

Not wishing to confuse the Linux static build thing, I'm sure Korrode's will be fine. However, the recent changes Xaphier made to FSAA mean that I can now build a static client with FSAA enabled on my old machines (same as the 1.9.1 versions). I've updated the previous links: 32 and 64 bit.

Not wishing to confuse the Linux static build thing, I'm sure Korrode's will be fine. However, the recent changes Xaphier made to FSAA mean that I can now build a static client with FSAA enabled on my old machines (same as the 1.9.1 versions). I've updated the previous links: 32 and 64 bit.

You can't bluap, see my last post that i just edited.

Xaph has disabled FSAA for linux in Makefile.linux, even when the FEATURE += is enabled in make.defaults/conf, it's not actually working for linux.

#disabled it for now, made too much trouble
#FSAA_COBJ = fsaa/fsaa_glx.o fsaa/fsaa.o
FSAA_COBJ = fsaa/fsaa_dummy.o fsaa/fsaa.o

Seems FSAA is also why I couldn't compile with libSDL statically linked, now with it gone my binaries don't segfault anymore with it linked it.

EDIT: i edited my last post and added links to the various configurations of binaries i've made

Edited by Korrode

No, I didn't disable the fsaa mode, I only disabled the checks for the supported fsaa modes (they used some glx calls)

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

edit:

well then my latest 32bit one was:

http://www.paradoxcomputers.com.au/el192-static/el192.x86.linux.static.korrode-no_fsaa.bin

and 64bit:

http://www.paradoxcomputers.com.au/el192-static/el192.x86_64.linux.static.korrode-no_fsaa.bin

although the filenames say "no_fsaa" that's obviously incorrect, but i cba to change them now, sleep time.

Edited by Korrode

Now x0, x2, x4 and x8 are always shown. When a mode is selected that is not supported, no fsaa is used (this is also logged to the console and the log files)

Packages for Debian and Ubuntu are now ready, if you already have them installed for 1.9.1 then you will be automatically offered the update. To installed them from scratch follow the instructions here.

Can people running Linux try Bluap's binaries from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55491&view=findpost&p=553265 ?

I want to release the Linux version with binaries included, and want to make sure everything is OK.

I'm on it, doing Haidir daily and it is working fine. No problems I can see at this time.

Just installed the Ubuntu package. Only problem I've noticed is the brown border at the bottom and right keeps coming back when I go back to regular view from console or map.

I updated all the drivers and also disabled sounds, but it still crashes after I log in, but before the game loads. The logs look about the same as the one I posted.