Eternal Lands Official Forums
tosh

[patch] Ranging window

Hello, I developed a ranging window for see statistics about this skill.

For the moment, we can open the window only with CTRL+r (Or you must change the key.ini file with the #K_RANGINGWIN key).

I used a new feature for the code, so you must compile with RANGING_WIN enable. Actually, the code about the ranging window is in missiles.c. I think, create new files is a better thing.

A screenshot :

mini_691580elscreen003.jpg

The patch : http://tosh-codes.tuxfamily.org/UPLOADS/ranging_win.txt

So, can I use this patch IG ? Is it a good idea ?

If anybody have any suggestion, don't hesitates :) .

PS : sorry for my bad english.

Edited by tosh

OMG love it.......

I guess the first line is Arrows shot - not total hits.

Can you alo add in any of :

Arrows saved

Avg damage

Edited by Raz

I guess the first line is Arrows shot - not total hits.

Yes, I will change it. :)

Can you alo add in any of :

Arrows saved

Avg damage

I think, it's more difficult. The client don't have these informations. For the arrows saved I have a little idea, but for the damages I don't know if it's possible actually.

That looks nice! Any reason not to include it in the statistics window?

My first thoughts would be nice if it was in stats window

Being separate from the stats window, it can be much smaller (could be smaller even still) and left visible.

If it's left as a separate window, you could include the window id in the list for change_windows_on_top() in elconfig.c so it behaves like other windows. Saving the last position might also be nice.

Yes the window is smaller than the stats window so you can show the windows during you are ranging.

To put it in stats window, I must create a new tab, no ? I can do it if you think the stats window is a better place for that.

If it's left as a separate window, you could include the window id in the list for change_windows_on_top() in elconfig.c so it behaves like other windows. Saving the last position might also be nice.

Ok, if I don't put it in stats window, I will change that :) .

I asked Radu/Entropy and he is happy for me to commit this patch. So is there a conclusion to the stats-tab / separate window debate? Either way, there's a little more work to be done before I commit.

That's great news!

I would say separate - as this could be used whilst ranging - where screen space is at a premium. Can we also have a reset button to clear down the counters!

You can reset the ranging stats with the reset session button. I don't know if it's a good idea, but the XP/arrows is calculate with the session experience.

Regarding a stats tab or separate window, I hear on good authority (Radu) that Roja is happy with what ever people want. On the limited set of opinions in this thread, I'd say having a separate (small) window is preferred. Apologies if I appear pushy on this but we have a new client release coming very soon and this patch could be included if ready. :P

Edited by bluap

It was pointed out to me today that the key used to open this new window is already allocated. Ctrl+r is used to repeat the last spell. So which key shall we move the ranging window to? A quick check shows that only ctrl+t and ctrl+y are free!

It was pointed out to me today that the key used to open this new window is already allocated. Ctrl+r is used to repeat the last spell. So which key shall we move the ranging window to? A quick check shows that only ctrl+t and ctrl+y are free!

CTRL+Y opens up session counter (xp)

Not according to the source code or the shipped key.ini file. The source code shows ctrl+z for the session counter. Could it be that you have added that key definition yourself?

Not according to the source code or the shipped key.ini file. The source code shows ctrl+z for the session counter. Could it be that you have added that key definition yourself?

ah ok, then it's europe vs. US keyboard layout I guess. nvm then

Edited by Raistlin