Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lexi

Sponsoring Instances

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, consider this?

• As a mixer, I'll support this idea!
    • As a mixer, I feel fighters should support themselves!
    • As a fighter, I would love some sponsorship!
    • As a fighter, I don't need a mixer's help!
    • I don't care either way.

Guess it depends on if you define paying the better part of one million gc for the stone as being "grateful". :P

I really doubt a #day stone is worth that much.

I never meant to imply that it would be.

I know, used your answer to jump into this thread to point out the

usefullness/worth of such stones, esp. if used more often (let's

say weekly). No offense, Korr :P

In my opinion the day of Joule is more about convenience than about saving food. For instance, you can mix FE's without using any food, and it will mix until you fail your alch check or the ings on your inventory ends. Or mixing AE's using only one food per essence, so it can be done much more easily.

That said, as a fighter I enjoy more Sun Tzu than I enjoy Joule as a mixer.

EDIT: And about being prepared, with the day stones its much easier to prepare yourself as you know when the day will come and act accordingly.

Edited by Lorck

pr0, so instanciers get profit and get free ings =D won't u donate them rostos aswell? =D

lol, a good one :D

pr0, so instanciers get profit and get free ings =D won't u donate them rostos aswell? =D

lol, a good one :D

haha yay, Koddy +1 :D

That was the most ignorant comment I've ever seen. Can't you just look at who (what kind of a person) suggested it?

-Kaddy

At the time I posted, I was going by the last update of the instance(s) (since they were changed), they were NOT as profitable as they used to be, it was all over @@6 for days about it. Now they are supposedly profitable again (as of the last update). I am not sure if they are supposed to be for fun or profit anymore...Keep getting mixed signals about the whole thing. I was figuring this would be a way to get more people involved.

But until I know either way, or something is set up to actually donate to, cause frankly, mixers or fighters, I don't mind helping people PERIOD, I will just sell "discounted" items that I normally mix. The prices at NPC or above I am against, and that's my opinion, so please don't flame, cuss, or bash me for saying such. I can't provide EVERYONE with stuff anyway, so it's not like I am gonna take away gc from other mixers.

Edited by Lexi

Of course the price of the stones will go down but remember, a lot of you may not realize this, the WTF instance cant be farmed like the other instances and there is no guarentee of a day stone every instance. And the stones are not going to be the same all the time. So its not going to be completely flooding the market. Not for a while.

Now before the arguements start.. there are only a handful of ppl who can do the WTF instance, it's not easy for them to get together to do the instance, and there is a mandatory 4 day wait period.

@koddy ..you mean like donating stuff to you for a stone? at least we are trying to do this in a way the person who has the stone doesnt use it for their own personal gain and not the community who donated to some in the past and did not get the benefit of it *cough*

Yes instances are a way of fighters to make gc and its fun for them. Its not saying every instance makes them uber rich. As i give up trying to make this an intellegient constructive thread, let the whining and rudeness continue. Thanks to those who did keep it civil and actual DISCUSS the idea.

Edited by Caliphear

I still dont get it...

#1 if instances are already profitable, then why are we giving them stuff

#2. Why cant we just buy the stuff from them like the day stones...so that way they can split gc vs. supplies

#3. ever noticed the nice white scaly armor, the orange cape, and the green crown on the people that do instance? most if not all are already very rich.

Its not about the gc they make.. this is about the #DAY stones that are going to be dropped in the WTF instances. The logical idea so far is bot which all players who WISH to donate gc to can with the end result being the purchase of the #DAY stones for the community.Not just giving free stuff for no reason.

I will explain step by step so you can understand. i know all these posts have made it confusing.

• A bot gets set up that takes donations from the community for a #DAY stone
  • People who WANT to get the stone donate gc to this bot stating which stone their donation is for
  • The bot holds the gc for the day stone
  • The instancers go to a WTF instance and possibly get a lets say joule stone drop
  • They sell the stone to the said bot for a set price
  • the stone is then given from the bot to a person who donated or was chosen by the ppl who donated

Ok :) that makes more sense to me. That is a really good idea Caliphear, i would probably donate some then if it worked like that. Maybe radu would let us host it for free because it is a community bot?

You can't have this be an officially supported "community bot". No guarantees or control of who is trustworthy or not, or who is given access? There will be squabbles regularly about not trusting whoever makes it, whoever gets access, whoever whatever. Look at this thread. Nobody is officially going to want to touch that mess with a 10 ft pole. You want to do it, do it. But it's not official nor protected as such.