Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

I do find it wierd how people just seem to be sort of conceding that a group of players who must be in a minority ( the gc sellers ) can change the price of a rosto in game simply because they decide 1$ is worth 8kgc.

That's not how it works. It's a simple supply/demand curve.

Two people have 1M gc to sell for cash. Who makes the sale? The one giving the most gc/$. So the value of gc drops: 4K/$, 5K/$ ... 8K/$. That is countered by the number of people wanting to buy gc. As the supply goes down, the value of gc rises. The current balance between supply and demand seems to be right around 8K/$.

This makes a first-guess at the value of a rost simple math. If you can get 8K/$, and a rost cost $4 (in bulk), that makes a rosts value 8K*4 = 32K. That value gets some downward pressure since some of the rosts in game are "free" (found harvesting). But that 32K value can also adjust up or down based on the supply/demand du jour.

Stop trying to "solve" what can't be solved.
It can at least start to be solved by making gold selling illegal, imho. I guess we already discussed it in detail, not that i care much anymore.

The rest of your comment was ridiculous, ofc, like "with less gc entering game more people sell gc and the rates went up"...

Edited by Lorck

Other solution is: increasing the rate of rosto can come into the game while harvesting (like 1 rosto in 30k, and for being fair, maybe this rate is only available using a special medallion what is costs a lot or rare ingreds - possibly available after finishing a really hard quest). Radu mentioned a new predator perk what is under planning, maybe better rosto rates for the ppl who using this perk would be good also (as they losing the rosto anyway when Preddie comes .))

Lorck: it's obvious you have no idea what you're on about. If removing the whole "black market" aspect was so easy then why hasn't it been made illegal.. oh.. that's right people selling gc from alts for $ then re-buying gc for their mains effectively breaking rule 5 yet they aren't banned.. gee I wonder why that is. Hard to fix a problem without a solution no?

Entropy: All I'm saying is, the game needs people who actually practice the skill to make the changes related to that skill. If money's a problem sell novelty stuff or etc from the shop.

I'm not a game owner and I don't have the exacts on it all and such but why not assign a dedicated team/person to develop changes for the skill in question?

Sorry to say this but the not so recent change to ice dragon armor.. you changed the wrong thing. It wasn't the magic protection or etc people were complaining about, it was the high armor. it's only a few armor up from titanium and what not but with the might:toughness:armor ratio, combat inside PK is quite boring, a battle of the hes/srs so to speak.

There is many things you can do to change this, but the player base doesn't like change so I see where your coming from worried about your income and what not, but can I ask you one thing?

Please start playing your game, level some skills instead of making changes from feedback of other players. Go out and PK, experience what we experience and make changes according to what you see in front of you. Idk if you're too busy irl for this or worried about making an income but even if you just give a char some levels and items and go out and experience the game from the players POV I think even that could make a big change to the way you see your game and then how you develop it.

If people expect $->GC rates for their goods that's their decision. Radu made it harder for people to farm, look what happened. GC:$ rates went up from 4k-5k->1$ to 8k->1$. It's a lost cause.

If you don't stop posting bullshit like this, you will take a vacation from the forums.

I do find it wierd how people just seem to be sort of conceding that a group of players who must be in a minority ( the gc sellers ) can change the price of a rosto in game simply because they decide 1$ is worth 8kgc.

This is bullshit. It has very little to do with the gold farming. The gold farming rate was the same for at least 1 year, and the rosto price was about 25 for quite a bit. The reason the cost increased is that people buy them, that's all.

Stop trying to "solve" what can't be solved.
It can at least start to be solved by making gold selling illegal, imho. I guess we already discussed it in detail, not that i care much anymore.

The rest of your comment was ridiculous, ofc, like "with less gc entering game more people sell gc and the rates went up"...

and your post isnt rediculous after Entropy stated that it has very little to do with gold farming?

Rostogol prices will reamin on par with gc/dollar purchases. at about a rate of 8K/$

which = to about 30k gc's/rosto

Unless the altruistic people go shopping for rostos to make into gc's at el shop, the ones that woulds have spent that money anyhow will want the best gc's value they can get. Simple

Not sure where the gc vs $ came from. Someone else doesn't know either. I personally always thought the gc vs $ ratio was based on rosto price in the EL shop vs in game and not the rosto price being based on the gc vs $ ratio.

At any rate, looking just at the dogpound bots, I see one bot selling at 30K, two selling at 31K and one selling at 45K. With lowest price wins ruling, it sounds like 30K is pretty accurate.

Of course, if the $-->gc ratio is based on shop rosto $ cost vs ingame rosto gc cost, it means rising rostogal costs would promote gc buying and make gc selling less tempting. Of course, it also means less people will want to risk their rostogal stone, so less will be dropping them, so less will be buying rostogal stones from the shop unless they have alot of money.

Edited by nathanstenzel

get pissed off at me if you must by me saying this but Learner... you have the best idea i have seen in a LONG time... i might just do the same thing with the weps or armor out there... thanks for the idea

If people expect $->GC rates for their goods that's their decision. Radu made it harder for people to farm, look what happened. GC:$ rates went up from 4k-5k->1$ to 8k->1$. It's a lost cause.

If you don't stop posting bullshit like this, you will take a vacation from the forums.

This is bullshit. It has very little to do with the gold farming. The gold farming rate was the same for at least 1 year, and the rosto price was about 25 for quite a bit. The reason the cost increased is that people buy them, that's all.

The price of GC changed a LONG time before radu ever decided to change anything in the game that affected gold farming Luigi... in fact... almost 2 years ago... I was there... I was the one buying so much of the GC and wanted a better price... blame LuciferX and who ever owned charn >< cant remember his name... they are the ones that changed there prices for me... so blaming radu is actuly the stupedest way you could go with that one :) because it was my fault... adn ill cahnge it again when ever the hell i feal like it... maybe jsut to piss you off ;)

guess this means i need to buy an accout again and start playing ><

Edited by Orick

I didn't blame anyone lol, and thinking that you or any other player is the sole cause of this change is incredibly ignorant.

Btw. what was the reason of the rosto prices gone up from 14k each to 17k each? It was not sooo long ago, I am just curious :-)

and your post isnt rediculous after Entropy stated that it has very little to do with gold farming?
Its all about offer/demand, if more people bought rostos from shop instead of buying from gold sellers, we all would have a better economy, etc, we already discussed this stuff...

And did you read the stuff you quoted from Entropy? Ofc you didn't, you are Infamous, anyways, he said the rostos prices don't have a direct correlation with the BM prices (and just for the sake of completeness of my post, i think it has an indirect correlation, more black market activity, less rostos in game, higher price).

Edited by Lorck

i read it, did you?

meaning the reason the price went up is cause people need them and buy those rosto's

but no worries, i know you do not understand simple words Lorck :)

edit: btw thanks for reminding me that i am Infamous ^^

and You are Lorck btw :P

Edited by Infamous

meaning the reason the price went up is cause people need them and buy those rosto's

That means that the price is high cuz of high demand (which is exactly what i said before, you have such such amazing arguments...) .... Solution to high demand: high offer. How can you increase offer? More people buying from shop instead of black market.

Edited by Lorck

or, price went up cause of greed, players know those rosto's are needed so they overcharge

there are 8 on a bot atm and learner has 50 or more

theres plenty of them in game ( high offer)

gee you got such amazing arguements aswell, do some research first :)

Edited by Infamous

That means that the price is high cuz of high demand (which is exactly what i said before, you have such such amazing arguments...) .... Solution to high demand: high offer. How can you increase offer? More people buying from shop instead of black market.

Infamous makes perfect sense. There are more high level monster trainers now, harder invasions, instances, etc.. This means more need/demand for rostogols so people will overcharge for them.

or, price went up cause of greed, players know those rosto's are needed so they overcharge

You have 0 understanding of economy as far as i have read your posts. Only thing that you do is bitching, whining and telling others to change what they are doing. What have you did in the last week? Nothing, so stop writing on forum and do something. Or if u don't like current situation in game quit... Same goes for others, play and do something or quit. You have become quite boooring with going around with same thing over and over... EOD

You have 0 understanding of economy as far as i have read your posts. Only thing that you do is bitching, whining and telling others to change what they are doing. What have you did in the last week? Nothing, so stop writing on forum and do something. Or if u don't like current situation in game quit... Same goes for others, play and do something or quit. You have become quite boooring with going around with same thing over and over... EOD

I don't think everyone can do something...at least not the people who buy the rostogols or other items. only the people who sell the items can make the change. If someone is just a customer for essences/potions/rostogols, what is he expected to do?

then dont go on forums and read my posts if all you do is cry about it

last week i did instances, invasion, helped some friends kill dragons for their quest, bought 30 AP pots, leveled ranging a bit ^^

i have 0 understanding? that's a big lol, countless others say its because of greed aswell and Learner is trying to do something about it, as do others.

get more then 0 braincells, then try to argue with me

if i could, i would include a napkin for you in this post cause all you do is whine/cry about others coming up with something against your greed

I don't think everyone can do something...at least not the people who buy the rostogols or other items. only the people who sell the items can make the change. If someone is just a customer for essences/potions/rostogols, what is he expected to do?

People who buy can do something by refusing to buy if the price is to high. The catch is a significant number of people need to do this and make the sellers aware of it. Yes, it's the sellers that end up doing the actual price change, but the buyers do have power.

I find this market politics on EL very interesting! A whole new factor of gameplay. I'm not even through with reading this topic. People actually care about ECONOMY .

We have a chance to see what happens to our economy first hand and study it. Its only a Mini-Eco but i think we can learn a lot from it. And maybe have a chance to fix it ?

We have imaginary items and a currency name cold coins. The only unreal factor is the Real Money. The exchange that takes place with gc and real money. But with this exchange i think we are transfering Real Life into EL (:

Real Life economy is in a crisis and EL follows. Let us think about the basics, what makes a market price, how fast can prices change , who or what controls the price ?

(I dont think I can fix it - or make an attempt. We just let it happen and watch.)

Imo, a price is made up by the apparent availability. Than means maybe there are many goods in the market availible but when we can find them we asume that they are rare and must have a higher price therefore. We can use tools to solve this problem, for example Bots or some internet platform. Now if all use this platform, and i bet many player do, the prices regulate themself because everyone can see what the neighbour has to offer or wants to give. In real life these tools exist as well.

Ironic , mankind devellops tools that leads to it's destruction. (free from political or religious meaning)

Just something to think about during advent :)

* Solar *

People who buy can do something by refusing to buy if the price is to high. The catch is a significant number of people need to do this and make the sellers aware of it. Yes, it's the sellers that end up doing the actual price change, but the buyers do have power.

If people is charging a lot but I still need the item, what is my alternative?

While this may be impossible, I wish all items could be bought from NPC. At least NPC has constant prices. :/

Edited by hussam

@hussam

Is anyone restricted to mix he's or sr's? No they are or lazy or they worship theirs pp's and don't want to waste them on nexus. It's their choice, but if you decided to go that way don't blame others for it. If u cant accept reality of your own problems you'll always be none.

As far this game goes fighters were always thinking of themself highly like they are gods while those who mix are losers.

Should i bow to Infamous for going to instances or invasion? Did u really did that for someone else? No u did it of your own greed.

@Infamos

You are trying others to look bad and greed only to cover your own greed. Trying to be smart and good boy but u didn't do nothing special.

Your greatness in finally realizing after 140 posts that problem is demand/offer. I don't know what to think of you are you really that great or something third...

P.S. telling someone have 0 braincells is same as covering your own 0 braincells

Torr, a lot of my pickpoints are on stuff used for mixing. I have 6 inorganic, 4 arti and 3 magic. I used those to get to 80 crafting and 94 alchemy. But I still need stuff like SRs, rostogols, armor, etc..

even if you're a pure mixer, you will need 900 emu at some point and A/D will help get that.

Edited by hussam

@hussam

Is anyone restricted to mix he's or sr's? No they are or lazy or they worship theirs pp's and don't want to waste them on nexus. It's their choice, but if you decided to go that way don't blame others for it. If u cant accept reality of your own problems you'll always be none.

As far this game goes fighters were always thinking of themself highly like they are gods while those who mix are losers.

Should i bow to Infamous for going to instances or invasion? Did u really did that for someone else? No u did it of your own greed.

@Infamos

You are trying others to look bad and greed only to cover your own greed. Trying to be smart and good boy but u didn't do nothing special.

Your greatness in finally realizing after 140 posts that problem is demand/offer. I don't know what to think of you are you really that great or something third...*

P.S. telling someone have 0 braincells is same as covering your own 0 braincells

lol, spended 450k on AP pots in a day, lost a rostogol and HS med helping someone kill the dragon, did i charge him for it? nope

another dragon where i spend TS pots, MI essies and lots of fire arrows to bring it on low hp for someone else to come in and get the kill for quest, he did want me to get the scale though, but i donated it to a friends bot

not something someone greedy would do :)

the instances and invasion? just to pass the time, even lost a rosto in that 1 invasion, nothing greedy about that

nothing special about that though, there are countless others who do this and probably more, just proving your arguement wrong

*theres enough demand and offer, i didnt say the problem is that. read before you write, theres enough rosto's going around on bots and learner has 50+

i just said greed is the problem, others confirmed that by taking action

come back to argue when you learned to read, and can come up with some valid arguementations :)