Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soul

Item restrictions

Currently the PvP sistem in el is really based on who has the best armor/weps. How about adding item restrictions, such as:

If you use high dmg weapons(bronze, maybe even great swords) you wouldnt be allowed to use high armor( dragon..titanium), but only leather or so.

Aswell, mages would be restricted to the mage robes...because they are practically one hit killers, giving them high armor isnt a good idea.

It wouldn't affect pve because lets face it, nobody trains with a weapon, or not a high-dmg one anyway ..and if they do, they shouldn't be allowed to use high armor.

Also, killing dragons or doing instances would be more fun, because everyone would have a role.

This would add more strategy into the game, because everyone would use their own style, tanks could be tanks and rogues could be rogues, not both as it is now.

Maybe it could be used in conjunction with this lowering the dmg of a higharmor user, and increasing the dmg of a leather-armor user.

Just a thought :)

Edited by Soul

Doesn't seem like that would be very beneficial for invasion fighters... :) Unless, somehow, there would be a way to implement it as an instance or map level restriction rather than across the entire game.

The best solution to the pk system is one which changes the least the other aspects of the game. So, in my humble opinion, its not a good idea.

I don't like item restrictions (well it is kinda like my barbarian perk idea, can do massive damage

but massive -defense and cannot wear plate armors)

...but I do think (as many many people do)

there should be item level requirements. Such as "Kill a dragon to wear dragon armor"

Must have 60 defense to wear titanium plate, 45 defense to wear steel plate, etc.

:) Hi Jack

I don't like item restrictions (well it is kinda like my barbarian perk idea, can do massive damage

there should be item level requirements. Such as "Kill a dragon to wear dragon armor"

Must have 60 defense to wear titanium plate, 45 defense to wear steel plate, etc.

So that means noone besides the high a/d lvls will be able to wear a dragon armor, dragon armor gives low lvls a nice advantage in pk, so giving it a lvl requirement it would pretty much kill pk, since tit is getting pretty useless in pk especially when ur pretty low on a/d..

I think having a cap on what u can max wear is pretty interesting, only when it's invasion time this restrictions are removed, just like all mobs have drops only on ndd they drop nothing..

Let it be emu based, so when u start to wear it, u will get back the emu of the armor, but it has a certain amount of points and this has (just like emu) a cap, u can wear maximum of 50 points, so u have to think on what to wear, a full dragon is possible, but u can only wear a tit long with it..

But u can wear drag plate, tit cuisse and steel greave and a special weapon..

This will give an extra dimension on going into PK, since it will become unable to go into pk, with id set, tit thermal..

If ya wanna wear tit thermal u will have to drop a piece of ur armor..

So that means noone besides the high a/d lvls will be able to wear a dragon armor, dragon armor gives low lvls a nice advantage in pk, so giving it a lvl requirement it would pretty much kill pk, since tit is getting pretty useless in pk especially when ur pretty low on a/d..

The idea is to stop a <40ad, or <60ad person from using dragon armors to totally shut down the DPa arenas. From observation there

is a IDA person at <40AD DP arena, and not a single 'real' noob would ever kill "mr unkillable". Just change the requirement to 80 Defense

and problem solved. No beginner should be sportin' IDA & therm.

I think having a cap on what u can max wear is pretty interesting, only when it's invasion time this restrictions are removed, just like all mobs have drops only on ndd they drop nothing..

Let it be emu based, so when u start to wear it, u will get back the emu of the armor, but it has a certain amount of points and this has (just like emu) a cap, u can wear maximum of 50 points, so u have to think on what to wear, a full dragon is possible, but u can only wear a tit long with it..

This will give an extra dimension on going into PK, since it will become unable to go into pk, with id set, tit thermal..

• So if its EMU based, only people with MAX P\C will get an advantage too? Or is this another system like emu?
  • So does everyone get the same amount of points? If not how does this solve anything?
  • Full dragon and a tit long = a bunch of people that cannot hurt each other.
  • This would only make El look like patch work armor, since no one could wear anything 'full' as it was intended to be.

Having required levels to wear stuff is nice, but then the posers will complain, that they can't wear their nice looking stuff..

How is this idea:

In other games, mostly pen&paper ones, you must learn to use stuff, or you will get a malus or you break that stuff very easy.

An example:

The level is calculated (a+d)/2=level

Titanium plate armor is level 60

Player's level is 1-10 below required level: a/d - 10, break rate +10

Player's level is 11-20 below required level: a/d - 20, break rate +20

Player's level is 21-30 below required level: a/d - 40, break rate +50

Player's level is 31-999 below required level: a/d - 999, break rate +100

This way ppl can still wear their stuff to look nice, but should think twice to use it in combat.

So not every noob will own the arenas, or, if he does and buys stuff from the shop to break it, good for radu's brick collection.

Piper

Having required levels to wear stuff is nice, but then the posers will complain, that they can't wear their nice looking stuff..

How is this idea:

In other games, mostly pen&paper ones, you must learn to use stuff, or you will get a malus or you break that stuff very easy.

An example:

This way ppl can still wear their stuff to look nice, but should think twice to use it in combat.

So not every noob will own the arenas, or, if he does and buys stuff from the shop to break it, good for radu's brick collection.

Piper

OUTSTANDING idea :) (gota love the pen&paper for tested ideas)

I think its perfect. Its solves it completely and leaves the posers happy :P

:w00t::)

this is a horrible idea...this is pretty much giving lower lvl people NO chance at all to kill people higher lvl than them, maybe making drag armors higher lvl is ok but tit armor at lvl 60, no way

Edited by hobobob38

but tit armor at lvl 60, no way

That was an example, to show how such a system with malus/levels could work. Nothing in that example is carved in stone, doh! :)

Piper

I agree that this is a great solution to the problem. It's a reasonable way to prevent people using armor/weapons that are way above their actual skill level, but still allows people to wear stuff for role-play purposes. If you don't have the skill level to know how to use a fancy toy, then you're more likely to just break it. Perfect.

who is this idea supposedly helping anyway? high level fighters that can wear that kind of stuff...and everyone else is screwed

High level fighters can wear that stuff anyways, and a noob, lets say a/d 30/30, wouldnt have any advantage with such stuff against a high level fighter, so there wouldnt be such a big difference.

But for noobs in PVP it might be important, because one cant own the arenas by wearing such stuff and has no advantage over other noobs who can only afford leather armor or simple chain mails.

So it might be good for low level pking.

Piper

Edit:

When i talk about high and low level players, i mean to compare a a/d 30/30 or 40/40 player with a a/d 110/110 player. The low level player never has a chance to beat the high level player, no matter if the noob is wearing dragon plate or not.

So with the idea of level requirements to wear or not too easy break stuff, the low level players can PVP with low level armor/weps, like leather stuff and chain mails, and the high level players still have their high level stuff like plate mail and thermal serp.

The only gap there is when a player reached a given level and can wear better stuff and another player is just a bit too low and cant. Well, thats bad luck then, but can be solved with a few hours/days of training, then both players have the same chances/can wear the same armor/weapons.

And with this suggestion, we get rid too of noobs in plate armor with serp killing gargs >.<

Edited by The_Piper

Or just make it so people can't attack in the limited a/d arenas if they have equipment in their inv/equipped that requires over Human nexus X to use.

This functionality would have uses elsewhere too (see: PK instances thread)

umm just wondering...but isnt if someone decides to wear tit armor for pvping to try to kill the other person that isnt pvp, its pk

or if its possible at all make some arenas like that

Edited by hobobob38

I like the idea of level-based item restrictions, both for fairness in the level-limited arenas, as well as training and instances. As an example the 60-80 instance could be tweaked, knowing that the players entering will not be fully clad in dragon armor.

As far as a basis for the restrictions, why not make them in line with the level-limited PK arenas, to promote their use?

e.g.

>40 a/d: iron plate

>60 a/d: steel plate

>65 a/d: titanium plate

(bronze somewhere in here, maybe?)

>80 a/d: red dragon

>90 a/d: black dragon

> 100 a/d: ice dragon

My thought process in separating the dragon armors is mostly to promote players buying e.g. a red set once the appropriate levels are reached, then maybe working toward a black set over the next levels. If this would impose too great a differential in uncapped PK maps, all types can be included at the same minimum level.

Those uncapped PK maps could be capped too :) (enter and you are lowered to certain lvl)

Instances and invasions would still keep you happy to be able to use those über lvls? Would work for me at least.

What about harvesters/mixers about 50 a/d that can afford armor like icy...they cant wear? All they can do is mix now? Doesn't seem fair...thought thats why we had nexus's. Restrictions would really just cause complaints...enough of those already right? ;)

What about harvesters/mixers about 50 a/d that can afford armor like icy...they cant wear? All they can do is mix now? Doesn't seem fair...thought thats why we had nexus's. Restrictions would really just cause complaints...enough of those already right? ;)

Please reread the_piper's suggestion, they can still wear it. But they take a risk of increased breakage because

their -skill- level isn't high enough to -master- it. No 50 A/D needs or should be fighting monsters their level in

full Ice Dragon Armor. They also should not be anyone at the <60 arena in full ice dragon armor.

The idea is to stop a <40ad, or <60ad person from using dragon armors to totally shut down the DPa arenas. From observation there

is a IDA person at <40AD DP arena, and not a single 'real' noob would ever kill "mr unkillable". Just change the requirement to 80 Defense

and problem solved. No beginner should be sportin' IDA & therm.

• So if its EMU based, only people with MAX P\C will get an advantage too? Or is this another system like emu?
  • So does everyone get the same amount of points? If not how does this solve anything?
  • Full dragon and a tit long = a bunch of people that cannot hurt each other.
  • This would only make El look like patch work armor, since no one could wear anything 'full' as it was intended to be.

* No it's emu based, meaning, it is capped on what u can max wear (like with emu, it's maxed on what u can bring with u, u can't bring 500 he's when just 480 emu)

* yea, same amount of points

* i know, but if ya replace red drag greave with steel greave (gives back let's say 3 points) so instead of tit long u can bring halberd (just an example, not real points thought of atm)

* indeed, but it does give a twitch to pk, as to be, think what to wear and not just hack and slash with the best u got.

Never said it was waterproof, it might have looked better if i worked it out better...

How is this idea:

An example:

Piper

Looks interesting, but this will mostly be interesting for those high a/d players..

My a/d lvls are low, im too high for whatever restricted lvl arena in game..

Training a/d daily now, to have some fun every now and then, i would like to enter KF in dragon armor, but it's a spoil if this makes me break it fast, just cause i dont have the lvls for it, but wearing tit or steel would even shorten my suicide mission faster..

In other words, this will also make the gaps between the low lvl fun pk'ers that are unable to fight in any a/d restricted arenas and the high (lets call them pr0 for now) pr0 pk'ers..

So this will just kill pk even more and will even kill the goals of people like me, meaning i will go back to trying to become #1 in alch instead of trying to become a bit better in PvP fighting..

Sry for double posting but had 2 diff replies..