Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gilrain

discouraging bag mixing ?

just noticed another little change of harvestables, which led me to the question, if this is part of a strategy unknown to me so far or only side effect of the announced global redesign of harvestables (which seems to be realized in very small steps if it's that).

in this particular case taking away the chrysanthemum near the silver in iotf its only a very small inconvenience actually, but since the place is in fact quite far from a sto, its even more stunning to me, because it simply disfavors bagmixing.

Now i now what you think:

1) stop whining

2) mix at sto like everyone else

ok, the only reason i raise the subject is, that i really like bagmixing at times, because its at least a little more challenging than hauling everything to sto like you were a stupid mule only and then afterwards do millions of same clicks while watching TV along the way.

Bag mixing has more risk (should be good for the game) and forces you to calculate a bit and plan a bit.

It is also nice to explore places with respect to their mixing capabilities instead of only knowing 'where is best iron spot near sto?'

ok, now shoot me :D

Bagmixing == bringing resources and food to another harvestable resource (usually the heaviest one in the formula of what you want to make), harvest, mix and go back with the finished items;

Bagmixing is not bringing food (or not even that) to a spot with all the resource near each other, harvesting everything and mixing.

Having more that 1 resource near is a bonus, not a requirement for bagmixing (I always bagmix steel bars: bring coal, FEs and FPs to the iron ore, and make them at the iron ore)

About why a resource gets removed, sometimes 2 or more resources near are too convenient.

EDIT: typos

Edited by Theryndan

All iron spots are near storage if you use portal room - and it's an easy way to train magic to use it.

I used to make steel bars in Naralik before MM had a storage.

I use to harvest many different places, bringing flowers and food if I mix essences.

You can always find flowers near a storage.

Bagmixing was never meant to be "encouraged" and is a highly risky thing to do. Not only are you contending with the almost uncanny amount of bagjumpers finding you and taking all your stoofz, you also risk the bag disappearing into the ether due to a number of things "going wrong".

There are still spots around where bagmixing is a profitable risk, but I would guess theyre going to be reduced over time as more people find/use them. So explore a little and see if you can find new places, if you are insistant on continuing to use bags away from storage, is my advice to you.

If I recall correctly, the mums were near the bridge. It was not exactly "close" to the silver. It was just more convenient than going all the way to storage. You could roam IotF to make the stuff. Now, if you don't have mums or tiger lillies anywhere in IotF, the only thing you could make in IotF are bars of various sort of bars. I hope there is still coal in IotF, because if there isn't any of that left there, it will be essentially a useless map for anyone that does not know its secret locations. I used to love IotF and then it was redesigned. I personally see no reason why it can't have the same amount of resources as DP or SRM or EVTR or Zirakinbar.

Gilrain, you mentioned IotF and you mentioned bagmixing. Sadly, It seems that they focused only on the bagmixing part. I am with you when it comes to wanting to be sure that you have just as much ability to work in IotF as you would in other locations. If there are no longer mums there, that is a pretty big blow to the business of IotF.

yes, i meant the 2x chrys inside one of the tents.

And i dont disagree with taking away resources that are 'too convenient', i just think that taking away resources like this one is not making the game more challenging, but instead makes the game more boring.

Making EE is still most 'convenient' in DP/CC, but i still prefer making them in IOTF, go figure.

Btw you meet very few ppl down there in IOTF ever. Most of them mix there because its a nice and quiet place, not because its more 'convenient'.

am i new to this game?, yes, i just finished my first year playing :whistle: (will have a small event soon when i reach OA100)

And i dont disagree with taking away resources that are 'too convenient'

Then why this post? Since there's already mums on iotf. And for someone not having known the Zirankinbar maze and Choyun's bar factory, you complain about nothing in comparison.

stop telling teh god where all the good sh*t is !!

damn I sounded like the serpent in the garden of eden ....... :whistle:

yes, i meant the 2x chrys inside one of the tents.

And i dont disagree with taking away resources that are 'too convenient', i just think that taking away resources like this one is not making the game more challenging, but instead makes the game more boring.

Play some other game then.

Then why this post? Since there's already mums on iotf. And for someone not having known the Zirankinbar maze and Choyun's bar factory, you complain about nothing in comparison.

The old Zirankinbar <3

Cho_yans bar factory <3

Topic: I tend to agree what everyone else apart from the thread creator is saying. And I think we should expect more changes not only to "discourage bag mixing" as you call it, but because some of the ingred locations aren't final. I don't do any big max mixing, only small ones that I can handle (except in a groupie)

i just wanted to point out, that reducing variety doesnt help the game to be more interesting.

Why not remove the EVTR iron, that would make sense to me. (seriously)

but like i said, its only a small chat here about a small thing, so no need to recommend me to leave, radu, but thx for your attention :D

Maybe shouldn't have escalated "reducing variety" into "discouraging bagmixing", cause you were pissed the routine (opposite of variety) you were used to, got nerfed. Here's some other places to make HE:

- MM: bring feasts, load up spare emu with mums near school, unload at silver, mix, bring back silver for sto

- Trassian yeti mine, same principle but bring mums from storage, nice and quiet.

- CC, getting mums from evergreen woods, bonus: opportunity to teach newbies about bagworking using their own bag, rather then yours

- prolly one or two I forgot.

Maybe shouldn't have escalated "reducing variety" into "discouraging bagmixing", cause you were pissed the routine (opposite of variety) you were used to, got nerfed. Here's some other places to make HE:

you could not be more wrong. I try to avoid routines, its a game, no?

Most of my last HEs i made i did at the sto, not in that cave btw.

I just went to IOTF some days ago to make EE there. Then noticed the chrys were gone when i needed some HEs.

And i wasnt 'pissed', why do you exaggerate ?

and thx for your tips, but i_know_ there are several places with silver, its not about that.

Now let me explore the changes that came with the new update pls, and stop insinuating something :D

And i wasnt 'pissed', why do you exaggerate ?

My bad, just noticed the smiley in my log:

[20:11:16] [Gilrain @ 6]: was the Chrysanthemum in IOTF cave made non-harvestable ?

[20:15:57] [Gilrain @ 6]: but the removing commission forgot the tiger lilly on iotf

[20:23:45] [Gilrain @ 6]: bag mixing is crime :(

I'm out, have fun exploring.