Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

invasion tokens

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them

ummm no, this post is about (in)effective use of invasion tokens :devlish:

but if people want to waste their tokens... its not your problem i think :pickaxe:

You are really that "Antisocial" or you just roleplay ? :)

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them

ummm no, this post is about (in)effective use of invasion tokens :devlish:

but if people want to waste their tokens... its not your problem i think :pickaxe:

You are really that "Antisocial" or you just roleplay ? :)

i'm french :pickaxe:

edit : i don't give a f*** about what people do, I consider them grown enough to respect what should be the best thing to do. If they think cockatrice are best in Kusa, so be it. I am not the police, I am not trying to regulate what people do in their lives unlike a few people here who are "omg, cockatrice in Kusa, f*** it and put it somewhere else" radu pointed the MM cape / perk :]. I think if you are not happy with the situation, don't complain and do something about it. The game would have ended nowhere if radu would always listen to people complaining about the slightest change, or if listenend to people everytime... But i agree somtimes, that some stuff must not change and that the players must adapt to the game.

Edited by Michic0_oL

my I too ow so no good blocking ^^ the problem on the chims is just the critical hit because you cannot block a critical hit...

Hopefully our little PM convo in-game has enlightened you that their crit rate is fine as it is :)

In short; you cant block a critical-to-hit, but you can reduce the amount of critical-to-dmg hits you will take by increasing your general dodging ability, as a critical-to-hit hit roll is not needed for a critical-to-dmg damage roll to occur :devlish:

(which what i've just said should very much dispel some peoples belief that more def level = less "crits" taken (in this context meaning critical-to-dmg).. although, i cant be 100% sure of that... unless Radu wants to send me the details of his combat rolls xD)

So testing with no inst is not a good idea.

Edited by Korrode

a/d training is not comparable for now to the other skills because you don't need 10 million + xp yet to train one of your levels, we are just sking for more balanced creatures :devlish:

Actually, it's the other way around. You don't need 10 million +xp to train one level of manuing, alchemy, potioning, crafting, ... because it is MUCH harder to level it as high as a/d, because it's harder to earn the exp in the first place. Potioners do SR potions, manuers do leather helms, alchemists do iron/steel/ti bars for leveling, and none of these items yields as much exp as even one hit/block when training fluffy and above. Why should it be easier to achieve high a/d levels than in other skills? It would be comparable to other skills if there were no reasonably trainable creatures above ogres, and you "asking for more balanced creatures" is just asking for a conveniently paved road to even higher a/d levels.

Edit: Just wanted to additionally state that while I am not happy about the leveling situation for non - a/d trainers, I am pretty much indifferent about changes to any chims as it doesn't affect me at all. But maybe some of you take note that 1) there are other skills, 2) there are a lot of other people who are not especially interested in training a/d, and 3) you all whine a lot, but that's absolutely OK for me. :)

Edited by majestyk

i already stated about the alch/manu etc skills in another topic saying that thoses skills are more about ressources than training a/d, you don't need a spawn to train manu or alch kk ? ^^ :)

@korrode, next server update i will go try some mcw @ 20i but as for the fcw you should try again with 48 p/c and some swords :]

quick edit :devlish: : i don't whine a lot with my 800k xp / hour :] but my training method is not a solution, really, for anyone my levels.

Edited by Michic0_oL

@majestyk

I agree with you, for some part.

When i initially made my suggested changes to chims, quite a while ago now, i actually coupled it with a suggestion to remove the TS potion failing effect. So that people who train fluffy @ -15 now, would train chims un-TS'd and make the same exp per hour.

But, the fact is, u actually need those 15 a/d levels over fluffy/feros to train f.chim/m.chim ...so, it'll work out similar exp wise anyways... i detailed the positive outcomes of my suggestion earlier, it's good for everyone really, all types of players, and even Radu.

...i realise your post was directed at TK, not me, but i still felt i needed to make clear that it's not "more exp" i'm after... for me personally, it's actually about more PK, and less training :) ...but as i said, the suggestion has good effects for all players, not just PK'ers.

EDIT:

@korrode, next server update i will go try some mcw @ 20i but as for the fcw you should try again with 48 p/c and some swords :]
Yeah ok so it turns out Iron Broad or Ti short doesn't inflict all too many crit-to-dmg hits or whatever, how does that help with the fact that a feros is still much better exp because of the f.chim's long ass respawn time? :devlish:

EDIT2:

Also, dont bet on your low dmg wep = same exp as boxing them with their armor/toughness lowered theory :pickaxe:

Edited by Korrode

EDIT:
Yeah ok so it turns out Iron Broad or Ti short doesn't inflict all too many crit-to-dmg hits or whatever, how does that help with the fact that a feros is still much better exp because of the f.chim's long ass respawn time? :)

fc/mc still unbalanced comapred to the easy p you can have on feros and fluffy anyway :] you know you will get more xp on thoses creatures... even if you get more xp/h on fcw/mcw than you would get on feros anyway, you would just waste your time gathering gc to fill up your storage with the essences

i'll just show u something :devlish: with my feros, i spend 1 gc for 1,6k xp (if i count at market price its 1.3k xp/gc spent) at 360-380k/h (and thousands of gc drops some capes etc so actually i earn money with this training :) )- with my chims i make 206 xp/gc and 0 drops :pickaxe: @ 800k/hour so lets say, the feros training is 8x cheaper but only 2.5 times slower ^^ the time i spend to gather my supplies for 800k/h.. i better do feros during that time :pickaxe:

Excellent.

So you're saying that making my proposed changes to chims will result in people using much more resources for their training that'll yield no where near the equivalent in exp.

Thats a good thing in mixers/radu's book, no?

Oh, and you say on chims you make "800k/hour"... firstly, thats almost completely def exp ;p almost no att exp... secondly, thats a ludacris amount of exp p/h to be making. If my suggestions are implemented, the 1 spawn per person rule will be applied to d/f/m.chims and more people will be training them, which will prevent u from making that much exp per hour... which i also put down as a good thing.

Excellent.

So you're saying that making my proposed changes to chims will result in people using much more resources for their training that'll yield no where near the equivalent in exp.

Thats a good thing in mixers/radu's book, no?

Oh, and you say on chims you make "800k/hour"... firstly, thats almost completely def exp ;p almost no att exp... secondly, thats a ludacris amount of exp p/h to be making. If my suggestions are implemented, the 1 spawn per person rule will be applied to d/f/m.chims and more people will be training them, which will prevent u from making that much exp per hour... which i also put down as a good thing.

yes yes more more supplies used :devlish: divide by 4 the xp i get so u have the single spawn xp/hour : 200k - if changes are made for the chim so we can get decent def and attack i expect 300k/h a/d xp ~800xp/gc spent (without counting armor break of course :pickaxe: )

well i meant, chims are definetly more expensive than feros or fluffy for training + they don't have good drops (no nmt or cape... but.. wait.. do feros still drop nmts ? question lots of people are wondering about nowadays :pickaxe: ) critical hit makes you restore a lot more and break a lot more armor :\

and korrode :) i need this def xp for someting else later i absolutely don't want attack xp (thats why i got a bronze set ^^for -8 accu :])

edit.. nvm the topic is about cockatrices anyway :]

Edited by Michic0_oL

edit: not only do manuers, crafters, alchers, potioners etc need trainers/pkers...but just the same trainers/pkers need manuers, crafters, alchers and potioners. its an inverse relationship. so your argument doesn't change much; we all need each other.

pfft, we can fight with sticks and bones! Stone age PK ftw! :)

Does every aspect in the game need to be shaped to fit the progress of a/d? It's just one skill of many, and the attention it gets is already exaggerated. Is it possible that those who harness it just whine the loudest?

OMG thats is so true... since this whining thread was started by a/der's :)

Every skill moans if changes take place that affect them, there maybe more a/d related post in forums for simple fact that the a/d skill is a bit more complicated than just pressing the "mix all" button :pickaxe:

*waits for incoming flames* :devlish:

Well getting back to topic... the cockatrice in Arius wouldn't be that bad.. it takes a long way for the cockatrice to get from the eastern woods (especially if their spawn is up by the wall blocking the entrance to the garden) to get near the storage.

Does every aspect in the game need to be shaped to fit the progress of a/d? It's just one skill of many, and the attention it gets is already exaggerated. Is it possible that those who harness it just whine the loudest?

OMG thats is so true... since this whining thread was started by a/der's :whistle:

"Don't trust a quote that you didn't rip from context yourself." -- Johannes Rau

Well getting back to topic... the cockatrice in Arius wouldn't be that bad.. it takes a long way for the cockatrice to get from the eastern woods (especially if their spawn is up by the wall blocking the entrance to the garden) to get near the storage.

Sounds pretty ok to me :whistle:

and I think if people have an reasons why Arius wouldnt be good it be nice to hear them now rather than later

Arius sounds like a good compromise

*edit* as i remember from a recent thread, summoners say they do thier mixing in the mine anyway. Plus if you take a wander around arius atm its pretty empty apart from the odd cat

Edited by Ateh

there maybe more a/d related post in forums for simple fact that the a/d skill is a bit more complicated than just pressing the "mix all" button :devlish:

LOOOL yeh its so much harder to press the restore button :whistle:

p.s sorry for double posting hehe

there maybe more a/d related post in forums for simple fact that the a/d skill is a bit more complicated than just pressing the "mix all" button :devlish:

LOOOL yeh its so much harder to press the restore button :whistle:

p.s sorry for double posting hehe

lol :pickaxe: (and you are getting as sarcastic as me)

My point was, with a/d you're constantly have to tweak your attributes (p/c/r/i/v), armour,weapons,meds,ts etc etc to maximise xp as you move through the mobs... I dont need to change my char build or clothes to mix fe's instead of he's, or make rings instead of thread etc etc and the xp is constant whatever you do

but off topic

Edited by conavar

(Harvester-mixer point of view and Kusa's iron and silver lover)

I think Arius is a great idea - if the south city gate was closed the same way as in Melinis it would be a great place to accomodate quite a few of trices :whistle: - both the storehouse and the road to the most used place there would be secure. This map is single combat - does anyone needs more than one trice on his back for training?

The upper area (behind the walls) is ideal from both trainer (as it's small) and harvester/mixer (as it's far away from city) point of view, though I don't know if the environment is right for trices - I wasn't there for a long time so I don't remember if it resembles a forest enough :devlish: If not, the Kyriban Village area should be fine.

Edited by Lotheneil

Indeed, Arius should fit in here. Or even Irsis (without closing the city!). There's also Sedicolis... anyway, Kusa is truly a nice place for harvesters, and with cockatrices it'll become abandoned again...

If Radu says that he agrees to implement such changes and if majority of players will support such change, I'll try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it.

Yes, Radu agrees.

2 tokens to decrease the spawn time by 10 seconds.

2 Tokens to increase/decrease any attribute by one.

If Radu says that he agrees to implement such changes and if majority of players will support such change, I'll try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it.

Yes, Radu agrees.

Well Korrode, with that said, figure out how many we need, and I'm sure we can help gather them.

Yes, Radu agrees.

Is this token thing option availale for ALL monsters or just for those that these newbies train on?

1 invasion token is sitting in the storage of a member of TinT guild, if cruella, acelon or korrode contacts me in game i can set up contact and possibly this token can be used to for the purposes of those with a plan.

P.S any word on the cocks going to Arius ? or is the move back to willowvine a done deal ?