Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Arena of the day

At the begging of each day, a server message could be sent out announcing about arenas in EL.

"Welcome to the new day. Be sure to visit the arenas around the Lands! Arena of the day: Lucky Punch Arena in Whitestone City!"

And to boost activity at that certain arena, you could be given a special bonus. E.G. 10-20+% xp, or No drops, +.1 pk points per pk... ect.

Any thoughts, comments?

good idea. ent will hate it.

He would probably hate the no drops idea, but maybe not the bonus exp idea - people will want to pvp with the exp bonus, but pkers will come to hunt them, and they'll lose their rostos.

Also the c2 arenas would be used more.

maybe this idea could be expanded to include entire pk maps?

really good idea...me likes it, but without no drops thingy - why is everyone so keen on getting no drop arenas/maps anyway? i mean, after we get one what's next, storage of scholars with double exp while mixing???

He would probably hate the no drops idea, but maybe not the bonus exp idea - people will want to pvp with the exp bonus, but pkers will come to hunt them, and they'll lose their rostos.

ent HATES pvp.

really good idea...me likes it, but without no drops thingy - why is everyone so keen on getting no drop arenas/maps anyway? i mean, after we get one what's next, storage of scholars with double exp while mixing???

imo, people just want PK to be a bit cheaper... rostos are pushing 20k and only seasoned PK'ers are apt at escaping multiple stronger opponents without death... u cant compete unless u have great sword + ti/steel plate which aint cheap and without NMT in effect breaks easy enough (specifically in PK im talking)... fighters cant make enough gc to PK (in any kind of reasonable amount of time) using only their fighting skill (there's a couple of tricks, but if everyone did them it wouldnt work anyways)... yada yada.

same old stuff :P

imo, people just want PK to be a bit cheaper... rostos are pushing 20k and only seasoned PK'ers are apt at escaping multiple stronger opponents without death... u cant compete unless u have great sword + ti/steel plate which aint cheap and without NMT in effect breaks easy enough (specifically in PK im talking)... fighters cant make enough gc to PK (in any kind of reasonable amount of time) using only their fighting skill (there's a couple of tricks, but if everyone did them it wouldnt work anyways)... yada yada.

same old stuff :P

no offence, but this sounds like whining...it's been quite a while since i pk'ed, but iirc it always was more or less like this (prolly a bit cheaper armor-wise and not so many "greater" swords)...anyway, what's the point of having attack/defense skill if there's practicly no pk at all (except maybe some pk events)

dont get me wrong, i'd love to see anything new that will improve pk but for now i really dont see anything that would make me grind for months to get to some decent lvls in a/d

no offence, but this sounds like whining...

Well it may sound like whining, but i believe it's the truth.

All i've heard repeated over and over by the 'old-schoolers' is how great and active PK was back when everyone ran around in a Ti serp, chain and leathers... whats a very key difference between then and now? the cost of competitive PK.

Edited by Korrode

All i've heard repeated over and over by the 'old-schoolers' is how great and active PK was back when everyone ran around in a Ti serp, chain and leathers... whats a very key difference between then and now? the cost of competitive PK.

LOL.

there are at least 15 more factors which play a much bigger role.

they had no rostos so pk was expensiv for them more than for you.

At the begging of each day, a server message could be sent out announcing about arenas in EL.

"Welcome to the new day. Be sure to visit the arenas around the Lands! Arena of the day: Lucky Punch Arena in Whitestone City!"

And to boost activity at that certain arena, you could be given a special bonus. E.G. 10-20+% xp, or No drops, +.1 pk points per pk... ect.

Any thoughts, comments?

Good idea. Maybe random different bonuses mixed with the random Arena of the Day.

There was more to it than that...levels meant more because attributes were capped way lower than now, you had to earn what you accomplished ingame so people respected you more, and non regular pkers were much more likely to venture in to play than now, I think due to a different environment and player attitudes. They were welcomed rather than insulted :P Tempest is right, there are a lot of reasons it was more popular then, hard to list them all.

I completely agree.

I said it was "a key difference", not "the key difference"...

The other issues need addressing too.

But whether it be the death cost or something else, none of it ever gets addressed...

The death cost imo is the easiest to address so thats why i bring it up.

But if everyone wants to just point out other things in a fashion that indicates death cost has nothing to do with it, rather than offering constructive options on how to fix things, then fine, PK can stay fucked.

Today was the first and last time i pay 20kgc for a rosto.

I quit PK till it's cheaper and if i find another game i like more/as much, i wont be on here much anymore.

Say im crying and whining and whatever, idc. I'm not spending anymore time fighting players in a game where participating in PvP is more work than it is fun.

@Tempest

correct me if im wrong, but even with prices of stuff back then, unless u dropped ur Ti serp and cape, then it didnt cost as much as a rosto to die. no?

But if everyone wants to just point out other things in a fashion that indicates death cost has nothing to do with it, rather than offering constructive options on how to fix things, then fine, PK can stay fucked.
In no way was I saying death cost has nothing to do with it, it has a lot to do with it, along with a pile of overpowered weapons. I was just pointing out that it's not the only difference.

Good idea. Maybe random different bonuses mixed with the random Arena of the Day.
If we did something like this I'd think it would be more appropriately implemented as a different type of #day (special day) than as something new/different (and adding yet more hourly spam). Much like scholar's day, the effects of the #day could be varied and random.

If we did something like this I'd think it would be more appropriately implemented as a different type of #day (special day) than as something new/different (and adding yet more hourly spam). Much like scholar's day, the effects of the #day could be varied and random.

I think special days are too rare to include this idea as one of them - there are 20+ different special days, and i cant remember us having one for long time now. The original suggestion as i understood it was that there should always be something going on to attract PKers to a certain place.

ent HATES pvp.

there won't be much pvp : only top 5 will be there and make even more xp/h... so ppl will pvp there for 2-3 weeks then when they will have enough of being pked thdey will stop and arena will be empty again.

I think special days are too rare to include this idea as one of them - there are 20+ different special days, and i cant remember us having one for long time now. The original suggestion as i understood it was that there should always be something going on to attract PKers to a certain place.

This was the point. There is no point in having an arena of the day if nothing will attract pkers there.

Remove dragon armors. Remove mana rings. Remove special armor/weapons. Remove PP Buying (still cant believe that got ingame lol). Remove c2. Remove all guild maps.

you both are like 2 old grannies moaning about how nice the good old times were lol

nuff said

Edited by Scorpius