Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Change TD to 'new-school' (again) and make it +/- 15 CL fights?

Tahraji Desert  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be changed to 'new-school' and have a +/- 15 CL attack rule?

• Yes, it should be changed.
    • No, it should stay as it is now.
    • Yes, but only if some other area is made 'old-school' PK
    • I am not, nor do i ever want to be a PK'er, so i dont care.

Do you think Tahraji Desert should be changed (back) to 'new-school' PK and have players only be able to attack others within a reasonable strength of themselves? (say +/- 15CL or close equivalent).

If you think it should be changed but not to 15 CL... say u think 5 CL, or 30 CL, please vote yes but then post your alternate figure.

--------------------

EDIT: Also note, this is meant to be a vote to change it as specified, or keep it as it is. Nothing inbetween... what is your vote if the above options are your only ones.

--------------------

i'm just interested to see the result.

Might wanna read this thread before voting:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44699

Edited by Korrode

Havent voted cus im a pain in the butt :whistle: and would like a mix of old and new school . Personally I would leave the map basically the same (no cooldown, no summons) but just add rosts working and CL based fights

You already know my thoughts on the matter. ;)

"Yes, but only if some other area is made 'old-school' PK" - Make NC PK Cave the new 'old-school' style. (Close to storage, good for mixers to go there.)

#Edit - I'd quite like it to be -/+ 10 CL, for that fair fight. :whistle:

#Edit - Not voted yet. But thats what I think.

Edited by Liquid

am not voting.

I like your idea korrode, cant really vote since i dont know how used TD is these days etc.

I just think it would be nice having pk maps with different effects such as TD beeing old school pk

map etc... if we could have several areas/arenas with such effects would be nice.

I dont really think TD should be changed, it may not be used as much as it was planned but it gives

ppl at least the choice to go there.

(erk still not really awake.. so if that didnt make sense.. dont mind it)

Havent voted cus im a pain in the butt :whistle: and would like a mix of old and new school . Personally I would leave the map basically the same (no cooldown, no summons) but just add rosts working and CL based fights

I agree ;)

As a non-pker, I'd try pk in TD if this map was:

- old school (no cooldown, no summons)

- +/- 15 CL

as a matter of fact, any map with +/- 15 CL rule would be nice ... so maybe it is worth to leave TD as it is and to make one large inside map like that (PV underground comes to my mind, butthis is probably bad idea due to "transportation issues").

Just my 2 cents ...

I hate how everyone wants no cool-down :whistle:

Without cool-down PK will cost even more than it does now, heaps more.

atm u go through a few SRS and HE in a losing fight and either die or diss-tele.

with no cooldown u go through crap loads more and then die or diss-tele.

I think making TD CL based but with no cooldown is a horrible idea ;)

And it would hardly be a good training ground for KF/non-limited arenas if there's no cooldown.

EDIT:

Also, if the concept of 'yes rostos but no cooldown' worked so well, wouldn't the PK server be packed?

Edited by Korrode

cant really vote since i dont know how used TD is these days etc.

It aint used for PK lol, only cheap mixing and fast magic training.

Hi, Elveron the 2-week warrior here...

...I explored every inch of TD one night, wearing steel chain, augmented leather pants, boots, iron helm, moon medallion, bp cloak, and tit ls, and I saw NOBODY (with like 12/12 a/d)! I gathered potions and small change to my heart's content. (Yay for MM perk). That was the bulk of my net worth in EL that night, so I was pretty much risking it all (or was I).

I like your idea korrode

I just think it would be nice having pk maps with different effects such as TD beeing old school pk

So perhaps option 3? :whistle:

Edited by Korrode

I wouldn't like maps where you could fight people only within +/- 15 of your CL. Means that I wouldn't be able to attack people like toom/luci/alma and so on, and they'd be able to fight with only like 5-6 people ... all the training they did just to be able to fight with several people isn't worth it :whistle:

people just want fair fights as u can see on cruellas post. but making a map CL based is a big disadvantage for higher lvl people who whill get their kills and drops cut probably.

so you mean oldschool in the way of no zoo fights and no $$/gc based fights?

If it was a question for me - yes.

I can go there with a cheap armor/weps, fight people of my level, don't give a shit if I die, lose stuff, etc. If someone at my level can afford special swords and armor, and dares to enter old-school map, by all means, let him/her do that

@Cruella

I of course understand that these polls are designed so ones vote can remain anonymous, so dont answer me if you dont want to...

But just wondering, did your mindset and thoughts on the subject result in option 3 being your vote?

people just want fair fights as u can see on cruellas post. but making a map CL based is a big disadvantage for higher lvl people who whill get their kills and drops cut probably.

i think thats a pretty unfair statement. the higher lvls could still go kf etc to try their luck for drops.

as it got said sometimes here allready td seems to be a mixing map only anyways =P so what drop

cutout? oO

#Edit: oh yeh korrode ^^ voted option 3.. didnt saw it.. like i said am still sleepy :P

Edited by Scorpius

drop cutout ok you can argue about that, but forcing higher lvls to pk people 5 a/d around them is no option to solve a problem either. it solves a problem but maybe makes 1 more.

Havent voted cus im a pain in the butt :P and would like a mix of old and new school . Personally I would leave the map basically the same (no cooldown, no summons) but just add rosts working and CL based fights

Yes, and have everyone complain how they used up a full inv of HEs/SRs/other stuff and got no drops at all and that's omfgz0rz expensive!!1!~1 Not to mention maybe they'll lose a rosto too. Even worse!!1!~1

TD, imo, is fine as it is, no cooldown and LARGE so it lures mixers, altho most seem to be too lazy to find a safe spot and just sit at PL flag.

*I wrote a bunch of other stuff here that I just removed.*

Anyway.. no.

-Blee

EDIT: Wow, between the time I started typing and the point that I actually posted, 14 other posts snuck in.

Edited by BleedingSoul

Well, how far do u want 'fair fights' taken? to the point where no one ever dies?

probably not that far.

that map should teach how to avoid getting discatched (iirc not that hard, but I do not know all the tricks, I hardly pk)

teach how to avoid to die(dis/tele, fleeing, magic immunity, etc)

and yes, for pking cooldown imho is a good thing.

and shouldn't the map only disallow to attack players 15(or whatever other number) combatlevels below you, but allow to attack enemies a lot stronger than you(unlimited), cause you can always gang them?

drop cutout ok you can argue about that, but forcing higher lvls to pk people 5 a/d around them is no option to solve a problem either. it solves a problem but maybe makes 1 more.

well.. maybe the problem is the CL is set a lil bit too low if its just 5 a/d around your owns when speaking about 15 CL.. because that would be like finding Joker on a map if you meet someone with

those requirements to attack lol

actually i was just giving an example, 15 CL is similar to 15 coord, or to 20 physique, or i.e. 10 a/d is exactly 15 CL, which imo sucks badly if you can't attack someone who is 5 a/d and 8 coord less than you.

EDIT: and if it is 30 CL, people will complain about unfair fights again.

EDIT2: lightlan if i read your post, you want a chance to pwn others that cant attack you, you want safe PK without any loss where you can train till ur strategy is the proest? lolzlolz.

Edited by Tempest

@Cruella

I of course understand that these polls are designed so ones vote can remain anonymous, so dont answer me if you dont want to...

But just wondering, did your mindset and thoughts on the subject result in option 3 being your vote?

No, I only posted and haven't voted yet since none of the voting options is suitable.

Meh, I see that again instead of one clear, short and specific idea to be voted Yes / No, a discussion on what actually do starts :P What did I say elsewhere about your cause pkers .... ? :P

EDIT2: lightlan if i read your post, you want a chance to pwn others that cant attack you, you want safe PK without any loss where you can train till ur strategy is the proest? lolzlolz.

Tempest makes a very good point here, i was a little worried that maybe it should only have a lower attack limit, and not upper... but ya, ppl would just use higher level PK'ers as test-beds, it'd be quite annoying actually, and as Temp said, offer a near risk-less way to test strategies.

There'd always be KF and NCa anyways :P

They'd still be used, NCa especially, as TD is multi-combat, and some people much prefer single-combat, or like both.

Edited by Korrode