Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Talixim

New Crafter Item

I searched on this and it didnt show anything so here goes:

I was brainstorming and trolling on the forums and came up with a new special item for crafters.

Crown of Feasting

When worn halves the amount of food required to make any item

Compared to manufacturers, crafters have barely any "special" items to make. This would probably be a more expensive item. I would think it would need a few enriched essence too, maybe some ELE's, EME's, or EWE's. Maybe throw a wolfram or hydro bar in there. Or maybe make it a rare make item when mixing a CoL or CoM.

If this item were to be too strong or abused, maybe counter its effects with increased critical fail-rate?

*awaits someone to machine gun this idea down*

It is a nice idea, but would seriously undermine current market prices for items, as there is little profit in most consumable items due to the cost of food.

It would be a great benifit I agree.

It is a nice idea, but would seriously undermine current market prices for items, as there is little profit in most consumable items due to the cost of food.

It would be a great benifit I agree.

If it would require lets say 12 human nexus, than it would be ok, as i think!

Problem is that mix prices would probably drop to the prices calculated with half food and new players won't get a change to make profit. I'm against, would make the game too easy.

Suggested this waaaay back. I think I called it the Crown of Sustenance.

Dang, that's a problem.. ;)

@cycloonx- yes but what if it were very very expensive, or extremely rare? That would make it less used therefore keeping most prices the same?

Edited by Talixim

@cycloonx- yes but what if it were very very expensive, or extremely rare? That would make it less used therefore keeping most prices the same?

Doesn't matter, prices would adjust to half food anyways.

This was suggested as many things, I can't find the thread at the moment.

But I always visualized this suggested item like this:

Teh Beerhat - Increases your max food level, although you must click an outhouse every 15-20 mins or explode.

17206601p1nw1.jpg

But I really don't see what:

increased food level would help? (save a few seconds clicking?)

Or half food which is essentially a Joule Day Party Hat.

So we are back at, can I have a cloak of Sun Tzu too? :)

maybe no half food consume.. but icreasing our food level on 55 (to be 100 total) can be a good thing...

yeah this idea is better than tali's one

most people i know that mix things. eat bones, toadstools, or use feasting pots..

with bones and toadstools you have no cooldown.

with the feasting pot by the time you make all the items and run out of food.. its what.. maybe 2 seconds till you can click again..

its a good idea.. just not needed. at all. it really wouldnt help much

With bones and toads there is now cool down as Jizzy pointed out.

And fruit, veggies and cooked meat are generally for newbies or to suplement then no cooldown food. If its for newbies they generally fail enough so by the time they need to eat again cooldown is gone, or they're making something in the feild and can harvest while waiting for cooldown. If its a supplement to the non cooldown food then it doesn't matter if it hasa cooldown, its supplemental.

Now feasting pots have a cool down, a very quick one/ so for most ess, bars, small craftables and manu and pots the cooldown doesn't matter, its over before you know it. If you're making something that takes alot of food say hydro bars or moon medallions then it can be a pain in the butt. You want to go in those 2 seconds while cooldown is still there.

That said maybe 1/3 of the cooldown taken away, maybe. Newbies wouldn't be able to afford it so they wouldn't need the cooldown, and the higehr level players who could afford it wouldn't need that extra time.

I do however applaude the idea of increasing food level. Yes, it is a matter of clicking and time. But that extra time between clicks is nice. Do you want to cast restor every two seconds or every 10? It would also allow people to be afk reading books for longer periods of time, or harvest while reading or healing for longer. Basically it would definitly be something for the all arounder. Yes, have alot of extra health is excellent, but mostly for when mn is insane and when fighting. Extra mana is nice and allows you to earn extra mana when afk saving gc on srs.

Having the food level increase by 150 like the other crowns would be insane, I can admit it. And I don't think that there really would be a need for that.

As for the making and rareness. Defintily it would need to be a high level crafting item. And it should follow the same basic formula as the other crowns. 1 hydro bar, 1 wolfram bar, 2 binding stones. But then since mana has silver and life has gold bars the crown of "sustinance" or "feasting" could have copper bars. Partically because copper is pretty and a rather jewelry metal, becasue it has little use in the game and because I have some sitting in storage. As for enriched ess I would think it should have a water ess (wash the food down), fire ess (cook the food), life ess (hey food keeps you alive), and magic ess (its defintily magic that you haven't gotten fat!).

I'd say go for making a Crown of Feasting a rare item obtained by chance while making CoL's. No major changes but it gives for example +150hp and max food lvl. It's not going to make any massive changes to the game or change prices much but it could be handy for mixing those 200 FE ings you have in your inv while you're making a sandwich in the kitchen. ;D

Plus it gives crafters something nice to hope for, a bit of extra income and a slight advantage for those who can/want to afford it.

A super high food max is pretty much useless to me (cooldown prevents me from loading up, and it doesn't really get me anything anyway). I'd just be happy if the max food level was 50 so I didn't waste any of the FPs I drink.

A super high food max is pretty much useless to me (cooldown prevents me from loading up, and it doesn't really get me anything anyway). I'd just be happy if the max food level was 50 so I didn't waste any of the FPs I drink.

Isn't that the good thing about it? If it doesn't appeal to everyone and isn't over-powered then it's a good addition to the game. It adds more variety without becoming a "must have" item. I know I would like one, even if it's just to make mixing low lvl items you rarely fail less boring.

A super high food max is pretty much useless to me
Isn't that the good thing about it? If it doesn't appeal to everyone ...

The current crowns provide extra reserves of health or mana which are useful in a crisis situation, so the time taken to build up to the increased levels (either naturally or through boosters) is worthwhile.

Food is not usually consumed in a crisis situation by articifers; it would give you a minute or so grace before you are back to being limited by food-cooldown.

On the other hand, having a high food level would be of great benefit to AFK fighters, combined with power saving and regeneration. ...on reason why this wouldn't be introduced?

A crown of half-food-cost would be too easy; with other crowns you have to "invest" in wearing them before you get the benefit (build up to the new levels). A half-food crown would be too easy to put on/take off as needed (unless an equipment cooldown is introduced). This seems too different to the other crowns to fit into the same category of item.

Actually, search for "Crown of Hunger".

But if you could have a food level like 200-300 you could eat some fruits while harvesting and so make a little more profit when mixing because you would have no food cost. I think it might be ok to have something like a crown of food.

I suggested something like this once too, I think I called it "No more munchies" or something along those lines. It was soundly rejected and I was told these sort of suggestions always are, and that basically there won't be any change to the food limit. The toads/bones were already a huge bonus (bone prices have gone up more than gasoline prices, percentage wise :P ).

lilcnoot

The toads/bones were already a huge bonus ...
And if that isn't enough you can always mix on the map with 1-second cooldown on food (well, on everything actually).