Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

encourage more ppl to train

Yeah encourage people to train and they wont even go into PK maps ever again, lol

roflmfao @ non-pkers complaining they got some valid points in there long written books.

i totally disagree with erma etc. here. "non-pkers have some valid points" yeh... like the last 5 suggestions that totally crushed pk, right?

ffs i'll bet my ass on the fact that if ent would just listen to Pkers (people who enter a pk map constantly even on normal days) 1 time PK would be at least 40% more active again.

most of the people (PKers) posting here are pking for more than 1-2 years, so they know what they talk about, they have experience and saw when/where there was more/less PK action.

People who don't even PK regulary can't say a thing about most of the points listed in kadlubs post, you don't realize how it is to get mana burned, to break tons of armor or to get ganged by dollar babes. this is no complaint, it's actually fun (for me) but people who only have experience in entering a PK map on NDD and walkin the way back from hell shouldn't write books. (IMO)

Edited by Tempest

ffs i'll bet my ass on the fact that if ent would just listen to Pkers (people who enter a pk map constantly even on normal days) 1 time PK would be at least 40% more active again.

Yeah i told him and got in his ignore list ;) gratz to me \o/

This statement makes no sense. People who already PK a lot don't need to be encouraged to PK. Therefore surely you need to listen to what the potential PKers want if you want more people in PK...

I remember a whole lot of pkers crying about cooldown and summoning stones and the like, writing novels/trilogies/anthologies/encyclopaedias about how all these things ruined pk. A whole map was built without those things, and still no pk? Aww.

Like I said earlier, you will always find a reason not to pk. Why don't you stop posting here and ....like...go pk? People who don't want to pk won't. Those that want to will.

I think the total war thing is still there, and you could just ask to be pkable, I suspect you would get lots of pk action then. ;)

S. (PKiller since 1997)

I remember a whole lot of pkers crying about cooldown and summoning stones and the like, writing novels/trilogies/anthologies/encyclopaedias about how all these things ruined pk. A whole map was built without those things, and still no pk? Aww.

Like I said earlier, you will always find a reason not to pk. Why don't you stop posting here and ....like...go pk? People who don't want to pk won't. Those that want to will.

I think the total war thing is still there, and you could just ask to be pkable, I suspect you would get lots of pk action then. ;)

S. (PKiller since 1997)

i understand ur point, but look at it like this... all the features that got implemented to "help" pk .. what are they?

a total money loss and $$ income for ent. good that ent makes his $$, not even questioning that. but players have no income of GC with what they can replace what they break in PK etc. so there should be other ways for ent to get bricks without ruining PK. and there are many.

Total war.. = money loss.

TD = money loss, tons of ess/pots get burned and the fight is endless

summoning stones = you don't have them, you die. you have them, you spend tons of gc.

and how do people get all the money back in? yetis? monsters? white tiger furs? tell me 1 way, just 1 good way for a mid level fighter to make money with his skill. i'm sure you'r not gonna find 1.

@FatboyJaxx, cazuza is right that's what i meant.

EDIT @ bolded part: spleen, you can't imagine how happy i would be if everyone would think like you do lol.

Edited by Tempest

and how do people get all the money back in? yetis? monsters? white tiger furs? tell me 1 way, just 1 good way for a mid level fighter to make money with his skill. i'm sure you'r not gonna find 1.

Fight the monsters you can fight without getting too much hurt and have the Fast Regeneration perk.

For example, i can fight ogres with 2-3 restores per hour and get like 1k gc from them per hour. Plus the drops of items.

So i dont lose money, i earn some by fighting them.

Piper

Hi everyone :)

Just got back from my 3 days away working, as expected no real progress appears to have been made here... those who like the level limited stuff still like it, those who dont still don't (sadly those on the anti-limited arenas side seem to be less interested in actually reading the counter points to their opinions, but w/e).

Anyways, i cant really be arsed discussing level limited stuff anymore, just go back and look at my pr0 MS paint drawing it r teh pr0.

@any ppls who implied i just dont want to train anymore or that i cry about fighting stronger people;

Screw you.

I train hard, many many hours a week (usually a day), and my kill counters have heaps of top 50 a/d'ers on them (with me just outside top 100), either through pr0 tactics or teamwork i've killed or been part of the killing team or lots of stronger people.

My theli pk city idea isn't selfish, unlike the opinion of most people against it... it would work. (and note there IS a 120 a/d arena in my layout, so whoever said i'm fucking it for ppl 119+ needs their eyes checked.)

good to be back! ;) cyas in-game.

Edited by Acelon
Keep your posts clean.

omg great, 1kgc per hour!!!!! fight ogres like 100 hours to get the armor back you lost in maybe 1 hour...

cmon seriously... are you joking piper?

Edited by Acelon
Keep your posts clean

omg great, 1kgc per hour!!!!! fight ogres like 100 hours to get the armor back you lost in maybe 1 hour...

cmon seriously... are you joking piper?

Yes, i am.

I am fighting with titanium chain mail, leather pants+boots, steel shield.

No need to use expensive armor you can ruin in less than one hour.

Piper

Why not make all new created characters automatically get 100a/d, then all these noobs complaining they will never catch-up to top 50 players will stop moaning for lvled arenas.

aka omg

indeed, but if this is ur only income, i think you don't realize that you need like 10~ summon stones per fight (AT LEAST) to survive, cause ur opponent will use em too, for sure. so basicly after your calc, you have to train ~50-100 hours to get what a PKer wastes for No drop day. (don't tell me you would train 6 hours for a red cape which breaks after 1-5 fights)

Ess, pots, red capes, summon stones, etc etc etc etc.

Why must there always be profit in every single aspect of the game?

I equate PKing here to a leisure activity or hobby IRL. You have to do work (or train much like Piper said, on something that makes you some gc, or harvest, or whatever) to afford your hobby or leisure activity (in this case PKing)

It is one of many views on the matter I am sure, but this is the one that makes most sense to me.

I honestly don't think 1,2,3,50, a million more arenas are going to "fix" pking. The change must come from within. :mysticaliconwithpeopleholdinghandsandchantingandstuff:

S.

S. (PKiller since 1997)

Yeah go TD with n00b stuff and get pwnt by TooM's roflmao omg pr0z items... Jsoc... :) If its a 1 cooldown map, jsoc's shouldnt work. Just make disable that item's effects in TD and just make it "can-be-entered-only-oldtimes-stuff" map, i m sure it will be totally full and fun ;)

-Kad (PKer since 1997 and TOP 10 NOW)

#EDIT LMFAO!! i cant really believe you told that spleen

So why do we waste our time? to lose money? wtf... We spend time to EARN something ingame, not lose something...

Edited by OldySchooly

S. (PKiller since 1997)

Yeah go TD with n00b stuff and get pwnt by TooM's roflmao omg pr0z items... Jsoc... :) If its a 1 cooldown map, jsoc's shouldnt work. Just make disable that item's effects in TD and just make it "can-be-entered-only-oldtimes-stuff" map, i m sure it will be totally full and fun ;)

Finally we agree.

S.

1.Fcw and flufs in KF so lower people just dont go there.

2.Merc in KF which is totally pointless ;)

3.Reducing yeti drops and strengthening it so players couldnt get any incomes to USE them in PK's.

4.Implementing high class items such as great swords and titanium sets resulted in decreasing the number of players in PK's because every gc income is almost gone.

5.Recently tigers exp were lowered so people cant get enough money to use it on PK again.

6.Made nexus removals and hydro nexuses so million dollar babies got stronger

7.Cooldown suxorz

8.PK is unprofitable now with the best brick maker of ROSTOGOL stones

9.Nothing makes people to go live the fun of PK becuase of its damage to players is extremely high.

Thought i'd throw in a few thought on some of these points cause... hey, why not!

I agree with almost all Kad's points, just a couple of things:

"4.Implementing high class items such as great swords and titanium sets resulted in decreasing the number of players in PK's because every gc income is almost gone."

I think the rare great swords (JSoC, OSMN, etc.) and the Dragon Armors are really the problem.

I like the great swords, they have a nice range of damage VS accuracy VS crit bonus weapons... makes strategy important.

But the JSoC/CotM/etc.... they're bad... is not Ti therm serp enough of a pr0, expensive advantage (well, if drag armor didn't exist :\) without making it so u can cooldown then mana deplete your opponent?

"7.Cooldown suxorz"

This is actually Kad's only point i completely disagree with, Cooldown is really needed.

I absolutely loath fighting in TD, it's just a mass resource waste ending with someone finally diss-tele'ing (unless they full n00b and die).

Edited by Korrode

S. (PKiller since 1997)

Yeah go TD with n00b stuff and get pwnt by TooM's roflmao omg pr0z items... Jsoc... :)If its a 1 cooldown map, jsoc's shouldnt work. Just make disable that item's effects in TD and just make it "can-be-entered-only-oldtimes-stuff" map, i m sure it will be totally full and fun ;)

Finally we agree.

S.

But prolly Ent wont like it because:

No rost map = no rost poof = no bricks... at all! :stare:

I equate PKing here to a leisure activity or hobby IRL. You have to do work (or train much like Piper said, on something that makes you some gc, or harvest, or whatever) to afford your hobby or leisure activity (in this case PKing)

It is one of many views on the matter I am sure, but this is the one that makes most sense to me.

I honestly don't think 1,2,3,50, a million more arenas are going to "fix" pking. The change must come from within. :mysticaliconwithpeopleholdinghandsandchantingandstuff:

S.

1) i think you didn't even read half of the thread (i can understand, many pages). there is no single aspect of the game (for a fighter) that gives profit anymore.

2) yeh right, the change must come from within, but without money you can't PK, and if not every income for fighters would've been crushed there would be pk now. and until ent realizes that more PK means more bricks for him nothing will change. there were 2 total money loss skills implemented, and i'm sure those are not the last ones.

S.

Exactly!!!

There is NO profit from training A/D, so that means there is no GC for PKing, that means theres no PK.

Now look at why LuciferX was ALWAYS on a PK map, he spent $$ to make up for what he lost in-game, he had all the best stuff, he had the strongest char in the game, and the best storage in the game.. So, if everyone spend's thousands of $$, PK would still be pointless cos everyone would have the best armours/whatever, and it would be boring.

Basically, there is no profit from training attack/defense. Which makes there less PK.

And don't add any more PK maps/whatever, just remove the ones on C2 now, and move Naralik one like I have said ~5 times.

#Edit - Added wrong tag.

Edited by Chosen

S.

True not every aspect of the game should make a profit, but when the market (fighters not just pkers) for 95% of ingame items dont make a profit from there skill, then that has got to be a problem for the whole economy.............. or not ?

@ the training on ogres: 1k per hour !!! better off harving blue lups, but lets all say we did, ogres are wayyy below my a/d so any xp > gold ratio isnt worth it, I might as well harvest, but say I killed ogres, well thats 1 less spawn for someone who can train on them properly , which isnt fair is it ? . Its about making the game fair for all without screwing over those above or below us

Chosens point says it all : There is NO profit from training A/D, so that means there is no GC for PKing, that means theres no PK.

Basically, there is no profit from training attack/defense. Which makes there less PK.

I was thinking about it and i think its not about training being unprofitable, coz even if its profitable there will be still many ppl only farming gc and not spending it on pking.

U cant really blame them, if u have 500k gc u have a choice- get 100$ for it or buy urself a pr0 armor/weapon to be able to compete against richest players :)

We need cheaper pking simply but somehow i dont see it coming anytime soon, so yes, lets stick to the suggestions about lvl limited areas since thats what we were asked for :)

mp

, so yes, lets stick to the suggestions about lvl limited areas since thats what we were asked for :)

mp

True , we have all gone slightly off topic..

level limited arena's . fine but add a timer to them : ie: from your first fight in any capped arena you have 50-100 days and then your character is locked to said arena, hopefully help give players that little push needed to progress through the arena's