Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Top list Ranking change

The Top list is going through a ranking change currently. It is scanning all of the people it knows about to identify locked players. You will be seeing some readjusting as locked players vanish from the listing.

Please could someone explain how this is calculated?

Is it a weighted average of the ratings of the members or just the sum?

Edit:

I am speaking of the guild ranking, of course.

Edited by EaglePrince

Please could someone explain how this is calculated?

Is it a weighted average of the ratings of the members or just the sum?

Edit:

I am speaking of the guild ranking, of course.

As I mention in the Guild Ranking threadhttp://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=41591&hl=, it's an Average of guild members I've spotted who have that skill > 0. Currently, that means active members are averaged.

I appreciate your ranking service, but at the moment it's unusable. Ok, it's no drops day and there are probably many requests but even on a normal day it takes some minutes to get the ranking.

Why is this?

I appreciate your ranking service, but at the moment it's unusable. Ok, it's no drops day and there are probably many requests but even on a normal day it takes some minutes to get the ranking.

Why is this?

Three things:

1. The fake skills take significantly more processing, along with more skills

2. Guild Rankings take more processing then Top

3. Lots of people hitting it at once

4. Some people hitting it repeatedly (including much faster then it can be served up when idle)

5. Not ready to move it to my new server yet.

All these issues are being addressed to get it more responsive

Three things:

:)

Thanks for the info.

So people, please stop hammering the 'Submit' button it wont go any faster by that.

Three things:

:)

Thanks for the info.

So people, please stop hammering the 'Submit' button it wont go any faster by that.

Yes, I started with three, then editted to 5 and forgot to change the one line.

I'm currently testing a change to the el.other-life.com website that will help this issue. This change includes moving some of the work to the new server (could take up to a day for the change to hit everyone).

If there are any problems with anything under that site (Top/Rankings/Guilds/Bots etc) please feel free to let me know.

Whenever I attempt to go to any of the rankings/guild/bot pages I get a white page and then the EL main page loads back up again. This happened for ~30mins last night after which it worked again and has been happening all day.

Dunno if its possibly something wrong on my side (although all other sites work, EL or non-EL related) so... :bow_arrow:

Whenever I attempt to go to any of the rankings/guild/bot pages I get a white page and then the EL main page loads back up again. This happened for ~30mins last night after which it worked again and has been happening all day.

Dunno if its possibly something wrong on my side (although all other sites work, EL or non-EL related) so... :bow_arrow:

No, you're just one of the people that was hitting the server so hard yesterday you helped crash the site.

No, you're just one of the people that was hitting the server so hard yesterday you helped crash the site.

Well, sorry about that if I did lol :whistle:

I'll try to limit my use of your site :P