Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aphistolas

Holy Freaking Hell

Just want to start off with a: WOW.

I never thought I'd make such a thread, but with the coming update it's just nessecary...

Entropy, Roja, Learner, LabRat, Schmurk, and other client developers I missed, you guys ROCK!

I'm playing on the test server, for the first time, with RC11, messing around with arrows in MM. My character -- Akadesh -- has 4/3 AD. I've killed:

3 Beavers

1 Rat

1 Small Spider

1 Deer

1 Wolf

4 Unarmed Male Goblins

3 Armed Skeletons

1 Snake

1 Boar

1 Grizzly Bear

Does anyone else realize how much fun it'll be when we have them on the Main? I hope to be one of the first to get a bow or crossbow, even if they are like, 100K lol. Idaloran Invasion/NDD would also be cool with Archery. Imagine, 15 level 0 archers firing Fire/Magic/Ice Arrow after arrow into oncoming giants. Would be even sweeter if contests were held in KF, defend and destroy, etc. Adds a whole new dimension of stealth and such to the game, priceless to see three/four archers guarding KF get killed by opposing archers.

Closing statement:

To: All Developers of Eternal Lands

Subject: Rockage.

You guys ROCK ;)$

PS - EDIT: I was trying to upload some pictures...they were of a black screen. Anyone know why this is? And if you have any sweet screenies -- share them! :D

Edited by Aphistolas

It doesn't really matter what AD the person is, was just saying it's possible. First person to reach #100 Archery will be:

-An insanely good archer

-Dedicated to becoming an insanely-better archer.

-Lethal in PK and useful in invasions.

Has any information been released publicly yet about what attributes or nexuses will be required to be an archer? This sounds like a blast, and I'm looking forward to it, but would like to be as prepared as possible. ;)

High perception, I'd imagine, would be a nessecity.

@anima: Some people can harm 100 damage ;)

From close-to-medium range I took out an Armed Female Orc, using elven bow and magic arrows my ranging is 6.

edit: Just realized, quivers can break? Ouch. Hope they're not too expensive to replace.

Edited by Aphistolas

does damage done go up with ranger level? if it does lvl 100 will be insane, especially with magic arrows and elven bow.

Damage remains the same regardless of level. You will miss less often as you level up.

I was able to inflict up to 75 damage on test server to Mountain chimeran using elven bow and fire arrows. And it didn't retaliate attacks first, only when he was close enough to see me. So this could be the way to go, high perception, so you can attack while monsters cannot fight back :confused:

magic bolts are way to hardcore, tried them on testserver and the dmg is not normal anymore.

90's hits on black dragons... and goddamn every 5 second my enemy or the monster im fighting gets totally MANA DELEPETED. if those get implemented in the main server its gonna be over :S especially cuz u can wear them on ur back instead of shield and they increase the dmg from every hit +20.

magic bolts are way to hardcore, tried them on testserver and the dmg is not normal anymore.

90's hits on black dragons... and goddamn every 5 second my enemy or the monster im fighting gets totally MANA DELEPETED. if those get implemented in the main server its gonna be over :S especially cuz u can wear them on ur back instead of shield and they increase the dmg from every hit +20.

Yeah, that's really insane if you're doing that kind of damage on black dragons, will be way too powerful if they don't get changed when added on main :confused:

I think that's a good thing, though. It reduces the power-drop between the 170/170 ADer, and the 100/100 ADer ;)

It'd be good only for the 100 a/d person not for 170 a/d one. They spent more time training to gain their lvls, so they should have biggerr advantage over those with lower lvl than them. :whistle:

It doesn't really matter what AD the person is, was just saying it's possible. First person to reach 100 Archery will be:

-An insanely good archer

-Dedicated to becoming an insanely-better archer.

-Lethal in PK and useful in invasions.

- Yeti trainer with 150/160 a/d, max reasoning, high instinct, millions of money for training arrows and 11 letters in his name.

Edited by ville-v

A few things:

1. Like I said, the magic bolt has 70% chance to do the mana deplete because of my tests. In reality, the chance will be 7% only.

2. The damage depend son the level in two ways: a. Higher level, higher criticals. b. Higher level, more damage (but not a lot).

3. Keep in mind that the arrows, bolts and bows are free on the test server. On the main server, it won't be economical to kill monsters with those special arrows, they will be mainly used for PKing.

yes this suck badly i think xD

its maybe entropy's new GC sink : buy the arrows hehe or break ur armor on trying to kill cockatrice for the feather

good job ent.

edit : radu, if it is 7% deplete, its still huge i think... there shouldn't be arrows with special effect such as CD/Deplete... maybe u also wanna make ppl to die easier so u get more sales on rosto ? ^^ (u evil business man hehe, but i don't say u don't deserve $$ for ur job with the game, i would donate if i could ;))

Edited by Michic0_oL

we kinda dont need more magic stuff in pk ... this will just make less ppl go cuz all fights will be cut short. mana deplete is losing 150 mana...

would be nice if you think about those special effects again, imo this would cut off fight lenght and atm pk is a bit more active again since mid lvl fighters got a chance in pk again. (because of the attribute cap mainly, high lvl/mid lvl diff not that big anymore)

EDIT: last line.

Edited by Tempest

yepp same for cooldown. thats why the cooldown saber and OsOmn are like 500k, cuz mostly 1 hit of those weapons is enough to kill you.

@ erma im not trying to piss ent off. i posted cause it would suck if all people start to complain after it's implemented so i rather try to make clear now that those weps would probably make PK more empty again before ent does implement it. anyway after the cap pk got crowded again cuz fights are pretty long now even with level difference. those bolts will destroy that tho :/

EDIT to korrode: korrode there are 1) ice bolts 2) fire bolts 3) magic bolts

1) +10 normal dmg & cold dmg per hit + 7% chance to cooldown.

2) +10 normal dmg & fire dmg per hit + 7% chance to mana burn (as u said)

3) +10 normal dmg & magic dmg per hit +7% chance to mana deplete

Edited by Tempest