Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest contusion

Summon Quickslot

Guest contusion

Well, my idea is that, just like a spell, a summoning could be added to the quick cast bar. That way, you don't have to fumble for ingredients during combat.

I would like this feature because summoning, being a combat skill, is somethig i think should be simple to do on the fly. This would also allow you to set several summonings in your quick slot, so you can have a strong powerhouse summon and a few minions.

Adding that to the spellbar would require a hefty rewrite of the spellbar code. A more straightforward option would be a new bar.

Smells like a nice idea. I was thinking about 1 magic spells bar, and 1 summoning bar. Maybe you could switch between both with some arrow under the bar :brooding:

Really good idea and if it has to be a new/seperate spell bar then so be it. I know I have intention of using summons in combat at some point and it'll be really useful!

More quickbuttons would be nice. Like f1-f10 where you can put potions,spells,weapons,armors,summons, other forumula's etc.

Why isnt there a sumoning bar?? LOL people have to mix in the manu menu lol....hm

You can't summon normally while fighting, anyways.

Only using stones.

You are correct, but I still find it useful. Example:

You tptpr into TD, having ings for yeti or whatever to summon. You see opponent, you hit potion of summoning, then have to get into manu window and put ings in. Opponent attacks before you summon, and you have to diss + tele or diss and run.

With quick bar, you could hit potion of summoning and summon in a instant.

~KgN

I always have ings ready when I do something like that, it isn't that hard to prepare beforehand.

But unless you summoned it before on that sign on, the ings would leave the window when you used potion.

And I dont summon a yeti somewhere randomaly so I can go into TD and have it ready O.o

~KgN

I always have ings ready when I do something like that, it isn't that hard to prepare beforehand.

But unless you summoned it before on that sign on, the ings would leave the window when you used potion.

And I dont summon a yeti somewhere randomaly so I can go into TD and have it ready O.o

~KgN

Put all the ingredients in except one into the manu window - hit mix.

It fails with invalid message (but remains as last mix).

Drink the pot - add the one missing ingredient and hit mix.

Hopefully you get the monster you want.

Simple :rolleyes:

As for the main post - a great idea - of a quick slot - and even better if it could be used in a fight. It might move summoning back to a skill, not a stone fest.

(and yes you cannot summon during a fight)

~KgN

Put all the ingredients in except one into the manu window - hit mix.

It fails with invalid message (but remains as last mix).

Drink the pot - add the one missing ingredient and hit mix.

Hopefully you get the monster you want.

Simple :rolleyes:

As for the main post - a great idea - of a quick slot - and even better if it could be used in a fight. It might move summoning back to a skill, not a stone fest.

(and yes you cannot summon during a fight)

Hmm, never thought of that. Still, summon quickslot would be better :)

~KgN

I know I have reopened an old thread, however, i wanted not to repeat alot of stuff that covered here. Now for my comments.....

I have been leveling summon for 7 months now and have just found out the manu window is not available during combat. You gotta be kidding me !!!!! Yes I know I should have know about that, but never needed to use manu window during combat in the past. New players and such can use a summon stone during combat, but I cant and have to flee to summon and fumble with what to mix. This is defenitley a penalty for a true summoner. Please consider an update to feature what the preceding posts have suggested: a summon mix box or quickslots.

Snos out