Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Peach

Harry potter

ye the ending is great but i am really sad that so many ppl died :( and i am also sad coz there will be no more harry potter books to read :(

The ending sucked and not enough people died in my opinion

:);):P:P

Now im gonna start reading Eldest :)

IMO, Rowling should have made more of a distinction between 'good' and 'evil'.

And I'm very glad she didn't. We already have too many good vs. evil stories, where the hero is a saint and can do nothing wrong.

Grum the Brown - who likes the Harry Potter stories even though he's twice as old as the target audience and who'll now return to finish reading the Darksword trilogy.

Edited by Grum

(I got it about 1:30 am).

haha, did anyone actualy get it AT midnight? I got my copy about 1:30 as well, had to watch all those people walk out of the book store with their copies for an hour and a half :cry:

I ended up letting my friend read my copy all day saturday, and didn't finish it till sunday after it came out.

Anyway, as for the book. I thought it was good, not my favorite Potter book (always loved order of the phoenix for some unknown reason).

I wasn't to fond of how the trio spent most of the year jumping around in the wilderness, then finding all the horcruxes and defeating Voldemort right in a row :omg:

In my opinion Rowling did a good job on the deaths though. Lots of authors only ever let one or two characters die. She let several die, but yeah, none of the MAIN characters died (I suppose you could say harry died, but... not really).

The epilogue I thought was fantastic. It filled in a couple things you would want to know, but also left a lot open. PLENTY of room for great fanfictions :P

Overall impression was that it was a great book, but I find faults in everything. :fire:

(and if you're wondering why I finished the book so soon after the release and didn't post until now, well I just found this thread and couldn't resist putting in my opinion ;) )

-edit-

btw, I'm a HUGE potter fan. but that dosn't mean I'll just gush over how wonderfull it was. I have yet to read a perfect book. :P

Edited by Enly

and i am also sad coz there will be no more harry potter books to read :fire:

I wasn't to fond of how the trio spent most of the year jumping around in the wilderness, then finding all the horcruxes and defeating Voldemort right in a row

Ditto.

Edited by Talixim

IMO, Rowling should have made more of a distinction between 'good' and 'evil'.

And I'm very glad she didn't. We already have too many good vs. evil stories, where the hero is a saint and can do nothing wrong.

Grum the Brown - who likes the Harry Potter stories even though he's twice as old as the target audience and who'll now return to finish reading the Darksword trilogy.

No, no. I didn't mean it that way. *knew someone would say this before she could edit her post.* I do, as a matter of fact, hate good vs evil stories. I don't even believe in good or evil! I love stories that make you think for a long time afterwards, about who is 'better' than whom, and whether an act should have been acted. And it doesn't need to be a violent story, either. In short, I don't like the Harry Potter books because it was just a story with semi-interesting characters and a very linear plot. Voldy kills Harry's parents, Harry grows up, Harry kills Voldy. Jeez.

the names in the 19 years later bit made me wanna puke... :w00t:

ye rofl, albus/james/lilly what other names already? XD

The book was good. Although I'll have to admit that the old 'flame' isn't there inside me anymore. Rowling did a good job.

Oookay, time to read the DragonLance Legends series! :D