Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ermabwed

bear drop

You might know the rhetorical question, "Is the pope catholic, does the bear poop into the woods?" so here's the idea:

Brown bears and grizzly bears could drop dung occasionally :)

(was actually inspired by the wish that fluffy would drop me shit, I think you all can relate to that :P)

Maybe something like 1 to 5 or so dung with a 1-5% chance or so.

* would be funny

* would create an incentive to kill bears for players with low harvest level without reducing the need for dung harvesters

I searched for dung, bear dung and bear (that last list was 8 pages but first 4 didn't have anything even remotely close to this, so :P)

(was actually inspired by the wish that fluffy would drop me shit, I think you all can relate to that :laugh:)

While rabbits do not drop big piles like bears, they poo a lot more, instead of one big pile you get a lot of little ones, so maybe some day the fluffy will literally give you shit :D Maybe you could get 3 or 5 dung from a fluffy

what if they stop and "spawn" 1 or 2 in a bag occasionally? that way u don't have to beat the smeg outta them

actually its a good idea,they stop for 20 secs,bam! left a bag with dung :laugh:,its nature takes its course..

Edited by hitmens

A bear wouldn't drop it when he gets killed, he'd just leave it somewhere in the open.

Imo, only pants-wearing monsters should drop Dung (as they can save it up in their pants until you kill it)

Edited by Cyprom

Gargs are the ones that look constipated with all their squatting. Perhaps they could randomly (very low chance) pop out a poo bag after they squat. But I like the bear idea too.

I made the mistake of eating while reading this thread, started laughing, then choked. LOL

Great idea.

On the poop dropping issue, perhaps Chims could drop some too :)

Since I heard there is a want to make them more popular perhaps.

And agreed ceLy, gargs are the prime poopers!

Edited by kailomonkey

what if they stop and "spawn" 1 or 2 in a bag occasionally? that way u don't have to beat the smeg outta them

Think this idea would cause bag spam...

But I love the topic idea :)

Gargs are the ones that look constipated with all their squatting. Perhaps they could randomly (very low chance) pop out a poo bag after they squat. But I like the bear idea too.

ROFL! I've noticed this myself while harvesting in WS caves

I agree completely whith this idea

on a practical point of vue, summoners and potters found quite hard now to find bear furs: few xp to get from them and expensive mana-spell to use.

It would be more attractive if you had 1 or 2% chance to get valuable dung from them.

Gargs already have interesting drops for their killers.

Think this idea would cause bag spam...

Would it be any worse than the current bag spawns (like on IP, etc) ?

Bag spam? Perhaps the "Poof" time for bags could be decreased to six minutes?

The whole nitrification thing working faster.

I would guess that all bags share the same timer routine. 6 minute poof time for DBs and even work bags would be a serious negative change.

I was not clear on my first post:

I am definitly FOR the possibility of getting dung when killing bears.

I am definitly AGAINST the possibility of bears leaving dung bags.

Like irl, you have to earn everything, even dung ;)

I was not clear on my first post:

I am definitly FOR the possibility of getting dung when killing bears.

I am definitly AGAINST the possibility of bears leaving dung bags.

Like irl, you have to earn everything, even dung ;)

If I want Dung IRL I don't have to kill a bear :D

I love this idea!! Also think dropping in bags is a good and funny idea. BUT for practicality reasons I doubt it would happen.

Better to make it a rare drop from some of the larger animals

Bag spam? Perhaps the "Poof" time for bags could be decreased to six minutes?

The whole nitrification thing working faster.

I would guess that all bags share the same timer routine. 6 minute poof time for DBs and even work bags would be a serious negative change.

Last time I checked, items (not dung/pee etc) werent affected by the nitrification cycle much? :evilgrin:

Just decrease the bears drops "poof time" to six minutes, keep the other bag times.

Then again, it would have to apply to people who drop dung at storages etc to bagmix.

As frogiums says, all bags "poof" at the same rate. Making some bags different from other bags would be a major change; more than this suggestion is worth.

RE: bag spam from bear droppigs - I really don't see this being an issue, a bag of dung will be claimed soon enough, unlike the bread on IP it is useful to many people, and I am guessing thebags will be regularly tidied. Aternatively viewed, if a bear drops a bag every 2 minutes, then that is a maximum of 6 bags per bear, spread around the bears wandering range, so hardly a major issue. :confused:

I really don't care if it's a drop or a bag; I just love the idea. It adds something to the game, and it's funny, too!

lol and if you noticed after you killed a garg the bag spawns guess where? In it's A$$ :)