Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

High level monsters adjustment

Didnt notice any difference. Make more stronger please ;)

i agree best posssible solution for the current problem ...many wont like it but it will be effective

Edited by mufossa

Yeah I saw, already busy buying Coord Removal Stones... not kidding.

What holds me from Feros, is the mostly the location of fluffy.

I can go afk, and Ill never lose it, and I have a 100% chance on free spawn.

Try losing a feros in SRM, thats no fun.

Edited by Manderijn

My suggestion would be to make them break more armours and shit then profits to train yeti not so much = less people training them.

Since i train on then now in normal leather set (like a real pro :pinch: ) for me they can break like hell :)

Make more stronger please

I can't agree more, it will make yetis only available for 4 or 5 ppl in game since i will be one of them im in :pickaxe:

[

I can't agree more, it will make yetis only available for 4 or 5 ppl in game since i will be one of them im in :pinch:

No, Pookies/quimbly/toomass/asgnny/siraito/ambrosious/luciferx/ohmygod/bloodsoaked/the_voice/nezaket/baddude/hades(you) just to name a few so more then 4 or 5

Edited by mufossa

[

I can't agree more, it will make yetis only available for 4 or 5 ppl in game since i will be one of them im in :pinch:

No, Pookies/quimbly/toomass/asgnny/siraito/ambrosious/hades/luciferx/ohmygod/bloodsoaked/the_voice/nezaket/baddude/hades(you) just to name a few so more then 4 or 5

You put my name twice and my evil twin dosent play anymore :) anyway was a way of saying ok its not 4,5 will be 9,10.

Anyway the big chickens (cockatrices) can be part of the solution just need a little tweak.

Another suggestion:

Lower the accuracy bonus from Cutlass (and Jagged Saber maybe) this will help prevent ppl training above their A/D lvls.

Would u suggest the same when u were training on yetis with cutlass?I remember one post of yours when u were training on yetis (although u were weak for them) and u had problems with your items that were getting degraded.

This is unfair for the rest of the players and and by lowering the accurasy of cutlass and js strong people will become stronger and weak weaker. I am talking about pk here.

I quit using cutty on yeti ASAP......the xp with cutty sucks......

and i wasnt weak for them...they just break a lot :>

as for PK:

with cutty pk fights are less about a/d but more about might......makes a/d less important....thats good hmm?.....i think not.

Edited by Ambrosius

Didnt notice any difference. Make more stronger please :pinch:

i agree best posssible solution for the current problem ...many wont like it but it will be effective

im only early 80's a/d so no where near yeti's yet , but making yetis stronger might be the answer.if the strength gap between fluffs and yetis is increased it will force players to either a) train on fluffs longer or b ) move to feros/chims etc.

so if the stats were tweaked a bit for chims and drop's increased then players would naturally progress to them after fluffs ( stronger yetis now being to tough for them).

there might be some players who think this is unfair.. " noooo others got the benifit of weaker yetis why cant I " well personally since ive never trained on a yeti.there strength is a mute point to those who are not good enough to train on them, we will get there in the end, if it takes a few months longers for the good of the game then so be it.

Edited by conavar

Well, I'd say: increase fluffy/feros respawn time and remove some of the spawns. Then people like me would be forced to take negs, p/c and switch to chimms. Otherwise i'll do it like empi and stay on fluff/feros and TS down if necessary.

While Yetis are worth to take negs and p/c because they make at least 3x as much money as anything else, chims are not. I don't care how big the gap between fluff and Yeti is.

I think a "fair" balancing might be: increase health points of chims, increase drops of mountain chims, increase p/c of Yeti _and_ reduce Yeti money, remove some fluff/feros spawns. I wouldn't like it though ...

_and_

What do those _ mean, people use them while chatting too sometimes.

Question: Anyone know what xp a Yeti gives, when you box a single one? :pinch: Per hour or so.

What do those _ mean, people use them while chatting too sometimes.
This is _underlined_ ; this is *bold*; this is /italics/. The first is, as you've seen, the most common... But these have been around since before the Web, they're used in email (HTML email is annoying and all, but sometimes you want word modifiers... Some email clients even turn *bold* into bold, etc) :pinch:

Well, I'd say: increase fluffy/feros respawn time and remove some of the spawns. Then people like me would be forced to take negs, p/c and switch to chimms. Otherwise i'll do it like empi and stay on fluff/feros and TS down if necessary.

While Yetis are worth to take negs and p/c because they make at least 3x as much money as anything else, chims are not. I don't care how big the gap between fluff and Yeti is.

I think a "fair" balancing might be: increase health points of chims, increase drops of mountain chims, increase p/c of Yeti _and_ reduce Yeti money, remove some fluff/feros spawns. I wouldn't like it though ...

The thread here is to improve training-experience-spawns. Not to ruin fluffies and feros. Actually exactly the oppossite should happen. Almost all monsters should be like ogres-fluffies and feros.

If chims were giving a bit more exp than fluffies or feros all players would train on chims.

And actually i wouldn't like to play a game that would force me to take negs.

The thread here is to improve training-experience-spawns. Actually exactly the oppossite should happen. Almost all monsters should be like ogres-fluffies and feros.

Oh, then i missread Entropy. I thought he wanted to get players to "use"/train chims more. There are different ways to bring people there. If this is a chrismas wish thread, then of course i agree with you.

The thread here is to improve training-experience-spawns. Actually exactly the oppossite should happen. Almost all monsters should be like ogres-fluffies and feros.

Oh, then i missread Entropy. I thought he wanted to get players to "use"/train chims more. There are different ways to bring people there. If this is a chrismas wish thread, then of course i agree with you.

People would train on chims if chims were like fluffies.Its very simple and it doesnt have to be a cristmas wish thread. Its simple logic unless u cant understand it.

We have 2 good monsters to train on and your suggestion is to ruin them?Sorry but i dissagree.

I agree fully with mattone suggestions. I would add the faster respawning time of desert chims.

Of course, if the advantages of fluff/feros would be less compared to chims, people wouldn't ignore chims that much. Increasing HP of chims, reducing respawn time, reducing p/c of them has been suggested many times before and as it seems the Developers never changed it for reasons they surely know.

I'd love to see chims being much more profitable in terms of xp and less crits. If Entropy changed things that way, I would enkindle a candle on my Radu shrine.

Still, he didn't change it until now, even though many people made suggestions, and I think he has good reasons. (Also I don't think a little less xp from fluff/feros and a little less money from Yeti would kill the game.)

Of course, if the advantages of fluff/feros would be less compared to chims, people wouldn't ignore chims that much. Increasing HP of chims, reducing respawn time, reducing p/c of them has been suggested many times before and as it seems the Developers never changed it for reasons they surely know.

I'd love to see chims being much more profitable in terms of xp and less crits. If Entropy changed things that way, I would enkindle a candle on my Radu shrine.

Still, he didn't change it until now, even though many people made suggestions, and I think he has good reasons. (Also I don't think a little less xp from fluff/feros and a little less money from Yeti would kill the game.)

Iirc things with chims were even worst but they were buffed in the past to give better exp.

I've killed over 8k d chim, and on my way there with forest..

I think the reason people skip chims is drops. I've often killed 200+ at one session and got nothing but gc drops..(nothing bad there 4-7k gc)

Yetti how ever have much better gc drops, and a good chance to get nmt, art, and camo capes.. that's why everyone trains on them. even thought they have a very long respawn time.

Give chimies same chance to drop these items and more will train them with out having to make any adjustments Also ROT spawn is hard, almost imposible to train 1 on 1. 2 forest and 1 mountain respawn at same location and a noob like me (and most others i see there) have to use a sword to kill all, so 3 spawns there turn into one. This is not terrible exp and gives nice gc but 3 ppl could be training where as 1 person takes 3 spawns (the only other place i find forest chim is Willowvane forest and only 1 mountain in GP) maybe change spawn point for one of the forest chims in rot? or put a forest spawn in GP? I would much rather fight 1vs1 with bone i get much better exp :pinch:

Spawns in ROT are 2 spawns with 1 fchim, 1 mchim and 1 spawn with only a mchim, but the map is small and if the other spawns are empty can training there be hard. They go to other spawns.

I use to train mchim/fchim there, boxing them and draining mana, very good xp but bad drops - 1kgc/hour usually.

Should only be used if you can train mchims.

Fchims are removed from Kusamura ? I have not been there some months.

Here's the prob with DCW:

That's one Desert Chim fight, which lasted for 15 minutes, cost 5 restores, 2 Mana Drains, 5 coord, 5 instinct (wildness) pots and it dropped 6 gc. Personally, I don't care about the cost, a/d isn't my primary skill, but a lot of people do care.

If the "prob" is that the att and def exp are uneven, well, that usually is the case when u simply dont have enough Might for what your fighting, irrelevant of att level and dexterity. Rallos, try with an iron sword, perhaps a steel long, and check the results... I could be wrong about that being the reason why the a/d exp is uneven, but i would think your att level + your dex + moon med would be enough to score hits on d.chim, so Might seems to be the only possible reason.

I already said that you need more might. FYI, I have 5 more might then when I started fluff, which in light of the 5 a/d levels, 2oa per a/d *should* be enough. And it's not just might either, cause I get very similar results with a tit short, just less def :icon13:

Of course, it will equal shorter fights and prolly less overall exp p/h.

And I already said that too.

No, you are right, he just wasn't ready for it.

Make them 100 a/d then, then that's a valid statement. You want people to progress through the chims, means that if people spend the oa gained through a/d in attributes, they should be able to move on, once they have made the a/d level difference between the two monsters.

Edited by RallosZek

Hmmm very nice.

It seems some players are annoyed when we 120s a/d player are training/cutlassing/w/e yetis and we shouldnt be there, but they forget they were there when they were 120s.

Edited by Vormavius

Hmmm very nice.

It seems some players are annoyed when we 120s a/d player are training/cutlassing/w/e yetis and we shouldnt be there, but they forget they were there when they were 120s.

lol indeed :o

anyway Yeti is ok how it is now imo, the topic is about chims anyway.

Ppl said till now:

bad drops (tit long, ts books, blablabla not able to sell to NPC or so, so worth basicly nothing)

Bad Spawns (locations of spawns suck, ROT + not many spawns, only few)

thats what the main problem is, so there must be some solution to fix it, like FEW new M chim Spawns, and some Little change about the drops maybe :icon13:

My 2 cents....

I base spawn/monster choice on 3 factors:

1) XP per hour

2) cost/profit in gc, meaning ess/armour break etc are costs, gc and drops are "profit"

3) intensity of training, meaning how relaxed (IRL) training is.

Based on these three factors i keep returning to feros/fluff...ill show my comparison between the TRIPLE (and only one in game) rot chim spawn and ANY SINGLE feros/fluff spawn

1) chims in ROT with cut gives good xp per hour, 360k and more (if they dont wander off too much ;P)

feros/fluff give significant less xp, varying from 260k on fluff till just over 300k on feros (with my adpc)

2) chims drop more gc each, but cost a lot more HE/AE/SRS and last but not least armour compared to feros/fluff. On top of this is the difference in rare drops, which has been mentioned more than once....

So in total training chims usually costs gc (depending on armour breakage) and fluff/feros means making money.

3) Training feros/fluff is like taking a nap, i can do allmost anything IRL and still make maximum xp. While training in rot on chims is like fighting, meaning little time to eat/drink etc IRL.

So purely based on #1 i would choose chims anyday, BUT it is the only spawn of that kind ingame and the rewards (#2) are not worth the efford(#3).

My 2 cents....

I base spawn/monster choice on 3 factors:

1) XP per hour

2) cost/profit in gc, meaning ess/armour break etc are costs, gc and drops are "profit"

3) intensity of training, meaning how relaxed (IRL) training is.

Based on these three factors i keep returning to feros/fluff...ill show my comparison between the TRIPLE (and only one in game) rot chim spawn and ANY SINGLE feros/fluff spawn

1) chims in ROT with cut gives good xp per hour, 360k and more (if they dont wander off too much ;P)

feros/fluff give significant less xp, varying from 260k on fluff till just over 300k on feros (with my adpc)

2) chims drop more gc each, but cost a lot more HE/AE/SRS and last but not least armour compared to feros/fluff. On top of this is the difference in rare drops, which has been mentioned more than once....

So in total training chims usually costs gc (depending on armour breakage) and fluff/feros means making money.

3) Training feros/fluff is like taking a nap, i can do allmost anything IRL and still make maximum xp. While training in rot on chims is like fighting, meaning little time to eat/drink etc IRL.

So purely based on #1 i would choose chims anyday, BUT it is the only spawn of that kind ingame and the rewards (#2) are not worth the efford(#3).

Nice analysis. I agree with everything Arkored said.