Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gryflet

Invasion

Invasions  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks we should have various monsters and animal every other invasion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Most of the time easy animals and really low level monsters
    • Most of the time tough animals and high level monsters
    • High Level invasions in one place while Low Level invasions in another
    • Scrap the whole invasion idea

It's just got me today that the most recent invasions have been cyclops+ and it's not fair for the people who are still stuck on gargs or gobs or still animals.

I'm not sure if something has been posted about this already but I just wanted to see what you all thought...

Peace out Gryflet XxXxX :omg::):)

EDIT: Also could you please post a comment based on your vote.

Thanks XxXxXxX

Edited by Gryflet

A good idea. When I think of invasion the only thing that comes to mind is not to leave yourself AFK in votd. By the time I'm up to fighting cyclopses I'm sure they won't be spawning anything less than dragons... :)

I do appreciate that a goblin invasion wouldn't be very interesting to the die-hards on the top-200 A/D list. Having different levels in different places might be a good answer. Maybe high-level invasions in places like C2 or KF/GP, and low-level invasions in more common places like votd/gold-mine.

I agree pretty much with Lywar. High-level invasions, while they are fun for those who are able to fight in them, are just a nuisance for low-levels who cannot get their work done in the map where the invasion is occurring. (Although I have had a great time dodging chimmys in VotD and cyclops in the Gold Mine!) If there was an invasion in two places at once, low-levels like me could stand a chance fighting three wolves at a time in DP, while HLFs could be batting thirty chimerans at a time in GP. Everyone could take part in this kind of invasion, and newbies would be more excited about the game. Thumbs up to Gryflet for a great idea! :)

The problem with a low level automatic invasion is that the high-level players will still come, and they will kill everything off before many people have a chance to participate. You can already see this with trolls - when they invade they never make it out of the second cave.

The problem with a low level automatic invasion is that the high-level players will still come, and they will kill everything off before many people have a chance to participate. You can already see this with trolls - when they invade they never make it out of the second cave.

Ah but I was thinking, And this will be VERY VERY VERY tricky but worth a shot, Yanno like DP and NL Cata's arena's are only for people 40/60 a/d and under, do the same with only the invasion monsters... Say a male armed goblin for the 45 a/d and under... See my idea? Just an idea but none the less a good one.

high-level players will still come
One way to limit this is if the low level and the high level invasions happen at the same time. The high level fighters involved either go to the high level invasion, were already at where the low level invasion was (probably not that uncommon) or go to the low level invasion just to be annoying (as opposed to seeking XP and/or drops when they go to low level invasions now).

It wouldn't stop them showing up, but it would make it less common and the lower level players should have more of a chance to go play :)

high-level players will still come
One way to limit this is if the low level and the high level invasions happen at the same time. The high level fighters involved either go to the high level invasion, were already at where the low level invasion was (probably not that uncommon) or go to the low level invasion just to be annoying (as opposed to seeking XP and/or drops when they go to low level invasions now).

It wouldn't stop them showing up, but it would make it less common and the lower level players should have more of a chance to go play :)

*Claps*

i would like to see the invasion warning telling us what monster is invading, this would allow people to go to the invasion or not depending on there level. I would also like to see a better mixture of anaimals and monsters, im fed up of stopping what im doing to attend the invasions only to find as i get there its over because it was trolls or something and the high level players killed them very fast or i get there to find its artic chims and im not strong enough. for these reasons i feel being told what is invading would help alot as lower level players will show up for the low level stuff and high level players for the high level stuff, and as i said a better mixture all round like fluffys or feros so that there is something between clops and chims. It as got so that most of the time when i go to the invasions i barely get a kill and this makes me think why should i bother, invasions can be fun but most of the time it is a waste of time.

I would also like to see gargoyles and orcs invade so that the lower levels can have some fun and i think high level players should not attend these invasions.

An invasion is a an invasion it doesnt take into account your level :happy:

Leave as it is now, a balanced invasion gives everyone a chance. Just think at roleplaying ascpect of an invasion .

Dont overlook the real problem: lag. No monster/animal type/level. A swarm of players and invasion monsters is so far the perfect recipe for lag and peeps with a slow computer dosn't stand a chance to participate.

A swarm of players and invasion monsters is so far the perfect recipe for lag and peeps with a slow computer dosn't stand a chance to participate.

i agree in the server invasions but i hear very little complaint about lag in the votd invasions

The idea of high levels in one place and lower levels in another is great; the last invasion (thanks Acelon) was good precisely because of this. Prior to this most recent invasion, I have never participated with the exception of healing at beam. The inclusion of lower level monsters allowed myself, and a whole host of other players to take part in the fighting. As requested in Acelons own feedback thread, keep the mix of monsters up please.

i find the high and low level invasions a great idea! i myself aint a great fighter and cant take cyclops and chims (yet). if there were a low lvled invasions it may make it more fun for those who cant take high lvled critters (like myself right now).

An invasion is a an invasion it doesnt take into account your level :P

Leave as it is now, a balanced invasion gives everyone a chance. Just think at roleplaying ascpect of an invasion .

I think many would debate whether the current invasions are balanced, and right now you don't have any chance at all unless you're probably at least 50/50. What is the average active player a/d? I'd guess it is about 30/30 or so. Most invasion monsters as WAY out of league for these sorts of chars.

I'm sure many will question the 30/30 assertion. With the number of newbies starting out every day it is probably about accurate - there are a lot more new people than established players. An invasion of goblins would be challenging for many players, and would outright slaughter many more. If you want to keep new people around you need to cater some of the content to them. (The same applies to introducing new items/monsters at lower levels as well as on the high end - the frying pan is a good example of this, as are vial/mercury manufacture.)

Also - keep in mind the log scale of xp - a level 30 character is not halfway between 0 and 60 - it is WAY closer to 0. If you want to just take a simple arithmetic mean then figure the average xp and then convert that to a level.

By having high-level and low-level invasions in two different places at the same time you give a lot more people a chance to participate. High-levels wouldn't be bored killing orcs, and low-levels wouldn't be bored just getting out of the way of orcs.

I was always bothered with the invasions because when i went it where always chims of a sort of type. I ain't playing often anymore but i think it's still good to post my opinion.

If we are talking about splitting up the invasions. Then why not do it good then immediatly. High level invasions would be cycs and above and low level could be animals and low monsters. but still for people with 50's to 70/80's both the types wouldn't fullfill the need in exitement. Cycs and above are to rough and armed gobs only tickle. So make a third section with orcs, ogres and trolls. atleast creatures around that area of strength. I think you then cover it all. And everyone can be enjoying the invasions.

greetz Djinn

The best invasion we have ever had was Acelon's three tiered invasion of Willowvine back when it was safe. Having auto invasions that are three tiered would let the new players in on the fun of invasion a LOT more often and probably help keep a lot more players. ;) Having the auto invasions split into a three tiered system where the invasions could be from easiest to toughest for that set of players would be great. :(

Tier 1

Rabbits to goblins.

Tier 2

Skeletons to ogres.

Tier 3

Cyclops to Giants.

Acelon escalated from weakest to strongest in all three of these groups at the same time. He is the invasion bomb. ;) I would not expect an auto invasion to be anywhere near that good but considering that you would have rabbits and beavers in the low level invasion while at the same time cyclops and fluffs were invading in another place there would be almost no mixing of high levels in with the low for the players. Even the mid levels would most like stick to there skeletons or gargoyles. :P

If it can be done I think it would be a great idea. :D

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

I definitely agree with TC here.

Perhaps the invasion system could be changed a little, so that more maps are attacked at the same time than just VOTD? (propose: SKF, VOTD and TG are attacked at the same time by monsters of different strength). If attack is simultaneous, then the higher level players will probably not show up in the lower level map so much. Or is it hard to have invasion in three maps at the same time?

Edited by sithicus

IMHO there should be two types of invasions:

1) The one where monster-level gradualy higs-up till some arctic chimerans, cockatrices and/or giants.

2) Tough monsters immediately, begining with cyclops, and than will come "hell on Draia" == fluffies, cockatrices, yetties, chimerans, even dragons and giants. This one comes when our LORD MORTOS gets angry.

invasion with many types in a map together would be great. just like irl where not all are equal in strength, similar to acelon's polar bear invasion with the 5 yetis. lines from both sides will break off and on.

invasion with many types in a map together would be great. just like irl where not all are equal in strength, similar to acelon's polar bear invasion with the 5 yetis. lines from both sides will break off and on.

One issue here is allowing players to be able to be able to match up with appropriately-leveled enemies. I'm not sure you can really compare real life to EL. In real life there was certainly a difference between a serf issued a sword and shield and a knight in full plate. However, that knight wouldn't have been able to single-handedly mow down an entire battlefield full of serfs. In EL the situation is very different - one cyclops could probably kill every low-level character who shows up to fight. In the same way, as a 30/30 I could mow down every rabbit on IP for hours without taking any damage at all.

So, if you have deer next to yeti the low-level fighters will just run, as they'd be killed in one hit if they got anywhere near the yeti. So the deer would end up just getting cleaned up by the high-level fighers.

A/D levels in EL have a MUCH larger impact than in real life - where the best warrior is only moderately superior to an untrained one. As a result it is hard to have people with 10/10 and 80/80 fighting on the same map...

i would like to see the invasion warning telling us what monster is invading, this would allow people to go to the invasion or not depending on there level.

I think this is a key point for people under 100 a/d. After getting burned a few times, I think people stop trying to go to the auto-invasions (not worth the effort to discover the critter is to hard for them).

Specifically: if the GWIS is running at full effeciency (fully paid up), it should be able to warn of the coming invasion AND of the type of critter preparing to invade.