Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Crown of Protection

I was talking to Molime today, the both of us trying to brain storm some interesting rare mix items like the manufacturing skill has, but for crafting.

Molime came up with a great idea:

Crown of Protection - Works like a Crown of Life or Mana, but with protection against poison (not absolute, just to lower the chance to get poisoned). Depending on rarity of mixing, it could have other protective features found in Staff of Protection as well, but poison defense would make it useful for almost anyone.

Could be a nice benefit to mixers using toadstools or fighters who don't want to get poisoned from magic or terrain.

So the CoM/CoL effect would be retained along with the additional poison/other stuff protection?

If so, good idea.

Yes, I definitely think crafting would use some rare mix items. Rare armors made manufacturing much more interesting and enjoyable, and crafting has absolutely NO rare items (ok, ring of power - who uses that anyway?)

Rare col/com cutting probability of being poisoned or length of poison by half would be a great addition to the game - with the chance of making similiar to manu items there won't be overflood of them for a long time.

Thumbs up!

So the CoM/CoL effect would be retained along with the additional poison/other stuff protection?

If so, good idea.

Yes, our idea was to have a 'special item', like the high level armours and weapons have in manufacturing (steel plate of healing, jagged saber of cooldown, those things). Those armours and weapons have the original stats, with some extra. The same idea was for these crowns, maybe a different special effect could be thought of for the CoM.

A chance to create something 'special' is just fun in general (I'd still love something like the ring of wtf?! in that way). In crafting there's only the Ring of Power when making damage rings. Some lucky chance as manufacturers have would be fun ;)

Either less chance of getting poisoned, or less poison per 'hit'/less hits (one of those probably better considering the poison spell?) doesn't seem like something that would have a real major benefit or cause some unbalance, but would still make it interesting enough.

It probably wouldn't make special crowns worth as much as the special swords/armours, but that's not the most important part imo.

i like this idea

i also like the idea of crafting CoL/CoM to have a small chance of creating an enhanced version of the crown's standard attributes, for ex a CoL that had a chance to heal you in reasonably large amounts on hit (like that blue staff, i think you mentioned that) or that had a +200 hp bonus instead of 150, and a CoM that has a small chance to add the amount of mana used rather that subtract it, or a very small chance to completely restore your mana (would be nice as no summoner likes sitting for 10 minutes waiting on SR cooldown ;))

Of course, you don't have to limit it to the high-level items.

The ring of damage can be RoP already, and I don't see any reason why you couldn't get a ring of portals room when making TP rings. To the appropriate portlas room, of course.

I don't expect the use to be that much higher, and people may only pay 400-500 for them (hey, it does mean less storage slots used!), but it would give you the occasional excitement of a rare ;)

why not when u craft a CoL/CoM u get a chance to make :

Crown of Life and Mana ^^

depending of what crown u wanted to mix, it gets different attributs..

like, if u wanted to do a CoL, u get

+150hp

+50 mana

if u wanted to make a CoM, u get

+150mana

+50 life?

just my 2 cents :P

Of course, you don't have to limit it to the high-level items.

The ring of damage can be RoP already, and I don't see any reason why you couldn't get a ring of portals room when making TP rings. To the appropriate portlas room, of course.

I don't expect the use to be that much higher, and people may only pay 400-500 for them (hey, it does mean less storage slots used!), but it would give you the occasional excitement of a rare :)

Nice idea about the ring that would take you to Portals room, I think they could be used alot.. But for ROPs don't have much use anymore, with people hitting over 80s, 50 isn't really a big deal, and it costs ~8k. :P

why not when u craft a CoL/CoM u get a chance to make :

Crown of Life and Mana ^^

depending of what crown u wanted to mix, it gets different attributs..

like, if u wanted to do a CoL, u get

+150hp

+50 mana

if u wanted to make a CoM, u get

+150mana

+50 life?

just my 2 cents :)

This item would be to strong.. From a PK'ing side, that extra 50 mana on top of ~80, would make it too strong. But I would like to see some 'special Crowns' of some sort.. Maybe something that gives you the HP, but has the Staff of Mage/Protection in them, for either Crown. :)

Instead of a crown of protection, why not implement a new spell of poison protection? or a spell of poison remove?

Consider that everything that have influence on the chance to take a poison by eating toadstool, makes the "I eat dead people" less useful...I have that perk, and, if the chanche to be potioned will lower, My money (and, above all, my pp) that I have put on it will become a not beautiful deal...anyway, this discussion is very interesting! :P

see you in game!

Instead of a crown of protection, why not implement a new spell of poison protection? or a spell of poison remove?

Because the idea came from thinking about an item as 'rare crafting item'.

Consider that everything that have influence on the chance to take a poison by eating toadstool, makes the "I eat dead people" less useful...I have that perk, and, if the chanche to be potioned will lower, My money (and, above all, my pp) that I have put on it will become a not beautiful deal...

Which is exactly a good reason to have an item like that as 'rare item', not a normal spell :P

Guest ohmygod

I like this idea but poison protection seems like cheap way to get around cooldown.

Just bite the bullet and spend 3 PP on IEDP perk and you dont get poisoned. :P

Now if it was COL of unbreakable that give same protection as cape and normal health bonus that would be something.

I like this idea but poison protection seems like cheap way to get around cooldown.

Just bite the bullet and spend 3 PP on IEDP perk and you dont get poisoned. :P

Now if it was COL of unbreakable that give same protection as cape and normal health bonus that would be something.

And same break rate? :)

Ye, the original suggestion is kinda a workaround on the cooldown and a bit unfair to those who took that perk.

Btw, it would be a nice thing to have some special stuff for crafters, my personal suggestions would be:

Crown of Leadership: same HP bonus of COL but with some charm bonus added in.. For fighters, mostly.

And/or

Crown of Magical Building: same MP bonus of COM but with some increased chance to make special items, but of course with the effects balanced to not damage the economy.

Ye, the original suggestion is kinda a workaround on the cooldown and a bit unfair to those who took that perk.

And, Tit Greaves of Mirroring for example? Something that "gives" the perk, and a bit unfair to those that took the perk?^^

Andd, maybe an idea that doesnt revolve around for PK maybe? Mixers only kinda thing. ;) I think Molime was suggesting something to lower damage of Poison for example? Not nullify it completely.

Good idea anyways.

Not sure if I should put this in a different thread but hey on the subject of special crafted items what about specials for the four basic meds (Sun, Star, Unicorn, Moon) Something like:

Once In A Blue Moon Med

Reduces poison

Made by chance when making moon medallion

Shooting Star Med

Slightly reduces the chance of critical fails.

Made by chance when making star medallion

Sunrise Med

Your perception is increased by 2 when you are wearing the med.

Made by chance when making sun medallion

Unicorn Horn Med

Your charm is increased by 2 when you are wearing the med.

Made by chance when making unicorn medallion

Well, thats my two cents

evilmangopie:

Nice items! Not too powerful, varied, and fit in with some of the newer aspects of the game.

I've always though that for every mundane item there should be a chance of an enhanced or moddable form. Maybe we can have moddable gold and silver rings and medallions (blanks) which could be used to make more exotic items (ala magic swords).

trollson is still waiting for his moddable pants...

evilmangopie:

Nice items! Not too powerful, varied, and fit in with some of the newer aspects of the game.

I've always though that for every mundane item there should be a chance of an enhanced or moddable form. Maybe we can have moddable gold and silver rings and medallions (blanks) which could be used to make more exotic items (ala magic swords).

trollson is still waiting for his moddable pants...

Tyvm, maybe with the modable rings or meds thing you could make those special meds with a formula as well as making them by chance....

Those meds would sure make me start crafting them :)

I can use all but the first one..

The crown is nice too, there are several possibilities of enchanted crowns. I don't really care what it is, I've always been fond of special items ^^

Guest baneazaghal

While I really might like the medallions suggested by evilmangopie (since I'm not even near to making CoLs/CoMs), I think they'd be a bit unbalancing. The thing is that those items probably won't be breakable unless in combat. Sooner or later (after we all made 20k medallions in order to get those special ones), we will end up with too many of them, and no way of getting them out of the game (without Entropy resorting to direct deletion of the items). What would be more interesting are kind of "+1 medallions", that would increase the effect of the original item (Unicorn Medallion +1 - increases the defense by 5 instead of 4). Since they're used in combat, they'll also be spent more frequently :)

Now, as for the "unfairness" thing, speaking as a person who insanely profited from the use of bones, I actually think it would be beneficial to us to have such special crowns, even if I couldn't buy one. We all know how cheap bones were before (0.5-1GC). Now, their price has not only jumped to 1.5-2GC (which is ok, since they're still cheaper than FPs in terms of food/cost ratio), but they've also became quite a rare thing on the market (since more and more people take the IEDP perk). And to be honest - it's not like someone's able to mass-produce CoLs and CoMs anyway...

Again, I'd also like to see some of the "lower-level" crafting rings/medallions specials - it would make it quite interesting :)

P.S.

Yeah, I know, this +1 thing reminds you all of the certain FRP system... :)

While I really might like the medallions suggested by evilmangopie (since I'm not even near to making CoLs/CoMs), I think they'd be a bit unbalancing. The thing is that those items probably won't be breakable unless in combat. Sooner or later (after we all made 20k medallions in order to get those special ones), we will end up with too many of them, and no way of getting them out of the game (without Entropy resorting to direct deletion of the items). What would be more interesting are kind of "+1 medallions", that would increase the effect of the original item (Unicorn Medallion +1 - increases the defense by 5 instead of 4). Since they're used in combat, they'll also be spent more frequently :)

Now, as for the "unfairness" thing, speaking as a person who insanely profited from the use of bones, I actually think it would be beneficial to us to have such special crowns, even if I couldn't buy one. We all know how cheap bones were before (0.5-1GC). Now, their price has not only jumped to 1.5-2GC (which is ok, since they're still cheaper than FPs in terms of food/cost ratio), but they've also became quite a rare thing on the market (since more and more people take the IEDP perk). And to be honest - it's not like someone's able to mass-produce CoLs and CoMs anyway...

Again, I'd also like to see some of the "lower-level" crafting rings/medallions specials - it would make it quite interesting :)

P.S.

Yeah, I know, this +1 thing reminds you all of the certain FRP system... :)

God points, especially about the non-breakability of the meds. What about for the once in a blue moon med whenever you get poisened there is a chance of breakage, for the shooting star med whenever it prevents a critical fail there is a chance of breakage, for the other two i have no idea :) maybe through fighting, or each second your wearing it there a minimal chance....

The thing is that those items probably won't be breakable unless in combat.
Yes, good point. This applies to a lot of items, especially those which have no place being equipped in combat (Articifer cape?).

I have suggested before that damaging harvest events should have a chance of breaking equipment, like a blow in combat. After all, there's not much difference between being hit by a club and having a cavern wall collapse on you.

Of course, this is never a popular suggestion

:icon13:

Edited by trollson

And, Tit Greaves of Mirroring for example? Something that "gives" the perk, and a bit unfair to those that took the perk?^^

Its different, to use tit greaves of mirroring you need to not use another greaves (steel greaves of defense which is much better, maybe?) or a cloack and probably get branched in the process. :) Whereas the people who would use the crowns with antipoison bultin would just mix and avoid poison safely without need to spend pps in IEDP.

Also i can name a few people who got IEDP perk, can you name a normal char with mirror skin perk? No? Thx for the attention.

Had another idea bout rare crafting items, what bout when making tele rings you have a chance of making one that could be used twice, or one that goes to the portal room of that continent.

Ring of portals room isn't a new idea, was discussed here for example: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31569. From a crafter's point of view I wouldn't mind that either (haven't given it much thought though), every chance for a rare is just more fun ;). The crown idea was in line with the special high-level armours and weapons though, because crowns aren't massproduced so it wouldn't give a lot of those special items in game.

And Lorck: from the first post in this topic we mentioned a decrease of the poison effect (either a bit less chance to get poisoned or a bit less damage from it). It was never suggested as something to avoid the poison alltogether. It has to be fun, not overpowered. And it would be nice if it wasn't something just or mainly for fighters, all those armours/weaps are already just for fighters. There are enough mixers in game to justify something mostly used by them imo.

And Lorck: from the first post in this topic we mentioned a decrease of the poison effect (either a bit less chance to get poisoned or a bit less damage from it). It was never suggested as something to avoid the poison alltogether. It has to be fun, not overpowered. And it would be nice if it wasn't something just or mainly for fighters, all those armours/weaps are already just for fighters. There are enough mixers in game to justify something mostly used by them imo.

Yes, indeed, the only really expensive and rare item i can think of used by mixers is that cape of artificer. But on combat/magic/summoning its easy to imagine stuff which affects it directly, its not that easy to do on the trader skillz. What i can think of will be listed down (and please forgive my newbieness on this matters ;)):

-Items which decrease or work around food cooldown: like the suggestion, it needs to be clearly balanced about being either almost useless or too powerful; And yes, imvho, the original suggestion is related with this;

-Items which increase the chances of making rare stuff: there is already the Artificer Cape;

-Items which decrease the chances of critical failures: there was the goal of the extracts, right?

-Items which increase the amount of exp gained: since fighting gives a lot of exp anyways and if the item could be easily breakable, i think it should be worth considering;

-Items which make you read faster: a guildmate of me posted a suggestion about it and it got hammered down, so probably not worth considering;

-Items which increase your effective level: related with the third point, and probably already covered by the extracts.

I fully understand that mixers want something that they can use too, but i also can imagine how hard is to plan stuff like that.

Crown of Protection - Works like a Crown of Life or Mana, but with protection against poison (not absolute, just to lower the chance to get poisoned)

If this means a drop on market essence price i say yes ;)