Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
redsoxlovr10

Stats spell

Okies, I gots this great idea for a spell for about lv 25-30 magic. It is a spell that reveals your opponents attack/defence level when you cast it. It works on any creatures, monsters, animals anywhere, and it works on other players in pk maps. I know there will be some controversy about privacy and all that but mayb this will be another risk people will take when they go to pk maps, and it will also help people to know how strong their opponent is.

I'm not sure Pk'ers would like people to know their stats ;) Besides, if it is implemented, I think the level required should be higher. And I mean, WAY higher :P

#EDIT: And isnt keeping your stats secret the whole purpose of privacy?

~Jh~

Edited by jhlightning

no I think this is a good idea.... It won't be that bad for privacy, since it is pretty easy to find approximate a/d's anyway!!

but it would be a nice spell to have.

I would say it should be mid 30s, and either not require many ess but takes up loads of mana, or takes loads of essies but uses little mana

This doesnt sounds bad to me.

The get with the privacy problem it would be maybe needed that you either need and high magic lvl or/and

that the ingreds to cast the spell are huge.

I dont use privacy ever so i maybe forgot to mention a point but oh well ;):P

Okies, I gots this great idea for a spell for about lv 25-30 magic. It is a spell that reveals your opponents attack/defence level when you cast it. It works on any creatures, monsters, animals anywhere, and it works on other players in pk maps. I know there will be some controversy about privacy and all that but mayb this will be another risk people will take when they go to pk maps, and it will also help people to know how strong their opponent is.

Maybe for other players but not for creatures.

i dislike the idea very very much, like Knight said people pay for privacy this would be very unfair

It's obviously an offensive spell, so it would work on players only in PK anyways, and the ones that paid for their privacy are those that show up as "-private-" on the top lists iirc, if those people pk, their approximate stats will be known to those concerned anyways, with or without spell. It has also often been said that a/d is the smaller part of stats, p/c being the greater, so revealing a/d wouldn't really hurt imho.

Yup, and when you cast the spell it can vary on whether or not they are using pots of any kind, so if i drank a true sight and it brought my a/d down, thats wat they would see.

Its not really useful, you can just engage in combat with whatever it is and calculate a/d yourself...

edit: double post

Edited by Atlantis

I like the idea but I agree that it's unfair for people who pay for privacy. In this case, maybe it can just give a combat level or if it's too much again, just a kind of difficulty level compared to you.

And maybe add a new perk or spell for people who really want to keep that private.

I do not like this idea, this spell is very different than the others in nature. None of the other spells "see" stats or even care about them, in my opinion it does not deserve being a spell. To me, it is silly and would not be very rp...