Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segal

Alembic

Made my first Alembic today. I made 20 mercury then it broke. That means 10 uses. Which also means I won't be using an Alembic again until the break rate goes down. I know it is random but 10 uses is ridiculous. ;)

Segal

youd have to give it more of a shot than that, try one more and if it stil breaks that fast then you are eaither really unlucky or its way to high a break rate

personally i have never broken a tool, granted i dont use them much i mostly alch but i still have never broken a needle or hammer

Made my first Alembic today. I made 20 mercury then it broke. That means 10 uses. Which also means I won't be using an Alembic again until the break rate goes down. I know it is random but 10 uses is ridiculous. ;)

Segal

If it broke after 10K uses, would you have posted here?

Well im somewhat of an "Allarounder" im a top fighter and top manuer and i alch/harvest alot, so i have a pretty good idea how things work on both sides of the field, In my opinion i think these new additions to this game are GREAT, and i really mean that, With that being said, i also think that the break rate needs serious recalulation (1)efe were made more rare, which in turn raises the price (2)the new tools require efe(3)so we end up with an overpriced tool , that will eventually be Unused, ......if i use 2 quarts and one fe to make a vile thats roughly 6-7gc per vile , if i make a 1k viles and break a mold that 12k for 1k viles, needless to say that isnt right.......if you buy from Npc you get viles for 6gc(iirc) i think that people who are willing to sit their and Craft their own viles shold benefit with a cheaper price then using an npc, moreover the same situaton is present with the Alembic (i hope i spelled that right) Mecury is FREE in KF and people get it all day long and sell it for around 6-8gc , now if i want to actually work for it , and spend my time to harvest and make it , it will cost more (i think this isnt logicall either) (ex)1 alembic cost 4k and change to make sells for 5-6k(iirc)then you have t harvest cinibar which harvest Very slow And whats more you need 1 energy essence + 2 cinibar to make 2 mercury, so if you take the recipe + time + breaking an alembic , Once again you come out a loser(1ee = -6-7gc, 2ciniibar,lets say 1gc each +breaking an alembic)it will cost 7-8k to make 1k mercury (so mabye the Free mercury needs to be removed , or the recipe + break rate needs adjustment) I hope this isnt taken the wrong way, i just look to offer my advice to help the programmers adjust things.... (also i forgot to mention 40-50k for the books) *Note* i re-calculated the mercury and even still 7-8k to create 1k mercury is a bit more then it should be, given the fact that its free via Kf and sells for 2gc less with No work..

-MufossA

Edited by mufossa

Yea only the books are already a huge problem. You make already stuff with a loss and the books cost way too much too. I would prefer a cheap mold for both that breakes quite often (but not too often, something like rate of gemstone&chisel) so manufacturers also have something extra to make.

If I try using the Alembic again and it doesn't break after 10k uses Entropy I would be most happy to post it here. I agree with Mufussa. Some adjustments need to be done to make it worth while for people. There should be a benifit from making items or you will see less people using harvester medalions, vial molds or alembics then was probably intended. If you want to get some of the money out of the game by people making things then a little tweaking is in order.

Segal

well OBVIOUSLY tweaking is in order, thats the point of a beta isnt it?

Entropy may be teh god but he doesnt expect to get everything right first time...ok some things perhaps but not everything ;)

So lets not expect him to either eh? :)

I have every confidence that adjustments will be made regarding these new items when people take the time to give unbiased feedback and suggestions the way Mufossa has done above. But if the items are NOT adjusted, then it is no doubt coz there is gonna be something else to alter things that is in the pipeline that we DONT know about. Just have a little faith. Wait n see.

Amen, Pyewacket.

mufossa, you got almost everything right, except for the mercury. That formula is for two mercury, not one.

Oh, didnt catch that, let me go and rectify that

Yes, but you are still wrong because you didn;t factor the experience in this. Yes, you can probably get cheaper mercury by buying it from the PKers from KF, but you get no experience in the process.

Yes, but you are still wrong because you didn;t factor the experience in this. Yes, you can probably get cheaper mercury by buying it from the PKers from KF, but you get no experience in the process.

wouldnt you consider the experience a reward for time invested? as opposed to someone running in Kf taking a bag and runing out. Harevst time, alch time (this is work) and no -one like's to labor at a loss, thats all im trying to say

Put it this way if i want Exp and Lots of money all i have to do is take a cutlass and go to hulda i can make 3 million exp a day and 200k-500k depending on drops a day(thats a fighters perspective) as a manuer/alch/ harvester this isnt so simple , As an All arounder i think more needs to be done to Increase the profit for the harvest/manu/alch/craft aspect of the game

Edited by mufossa

Some skills are profitable, some less profitable. But they all pay off in the end.

Nevertheless, some people like making mercury, some don't. No single item or skill in the game is for everyone.

It's all real-live magic! I'd been using one mortar and pestle forever and for everything. Recently I read in the forums that they can break. Guess what happened next...... :blush: