Eternal Lands Official Forums
2coolfool

I Eat Dead People

Being a potioner myself i say the bones / shrooms are good for faster leveling. Making SRS at a skill that allows a good success rate, the cooldown is the bottleneck. With shrrom/bone you turn out more potions per hour. True seeing goes even faster through food level than SRS.

Reasoning pots are great for going through levels 4 through 10 or so? I don't think the 15 exp are that great even at old bone price. You are looking at an investment in potioning, make coordination potions or something and take the loss. Soon enough you have the levels to make SRS.

Hmm.... you COULD use a combination of feasting potions and bones/toadstools. The combination should get you around the cooldown period AND cut down on the food costs involved. :hug:

Absolutely, this is the way to gain most exp per time unit. Thus the question remains what the cost factor will do now. Bones have become superior to FP's in every way and remained equal in terms of EMU.

Edited by sithicus

Reasoning pots are great for going through levels 4 through 10 or so? I don't think the 15 exp are that great even at old bone price. You are looking at an investment in potioning, make coordination potions or something and take the loss. Soon enough you have the levels to make SRS.

I'm not arguing about Reasoning potion because of its experience points, but because you can make a monetary gain if you sell them to Mira. That is, at a bone price of 0.5 gc per bone. After all, you need money from some source to pay for those vials.

ummm harvest lilacs to gain money, cut your loss and level potion until you can make SRS. This is the fast way now and it was the fast way before the change. Profit per item is meaningless, XP per hour is what you need to watch.

Absolutely, this is the way to gain most exp per time unit. Thus the question remains what the cost factor will do now. Bones have become superior to FP's in every way and remained equal in terms of EMU.

Umm, not really. It is much more convenient and faster to buy FPs from Mira rather than camp for hours at the skellies for little a/d EXP. That in addition to 3 PPs.

So the bones do have advantages, but they are not THE BEST. Now there is no BEST food, there are all kind of choices and strategies. Some choices are good for some skills, some choices are good for other skills.

With my alt, for example, I am using mushrooms and vegetables, then switch to FPs when I am poisoned until the poison is gone.

This new perk Rocks!!! lol Ive had it for 1 night and have made some HEs. Its the best food source for me

Edited by RunTime

I prefer Feasting Potions.. Bones is already a pain to get only for the reasoning potions I make. Most players needs alot of food refreshing items and bones is hard to get, I believe their price will rise up so it won't be as profitable comparing to FP's as it is now. Just my thoughts though. :blink:

I prefer Feasting Potions.. Bones is already a pain to get only for the reasoning potions I make. Most players needs alot of food refreshing items and bones is hard to get, I believe their price will rise up so it won't be as profitable comparing to FP's as it is now. Just my thoughts though. :blink:

It wont be as profitable? :D

PoF's = 12gc, 15gc if your AntiSocial, Bone will go to ~1.5gc per, and from what I have herd, the Bones give you up to a 55 food level insted of the normal 45. If I was a crafter, alcher, or potioner, I would take this perk for sure, just take PH, and then buy this perk, not too much trouble for the benifit it gives you. :)

#Edit - Lol, added some stuff, and i worded it wrong. :D

Edited by Chosen

Man lol you need to read, bones give 10 food, but your food can raise to 55 like toadstool.

Thats what I ment, I just phrased it wrong. :blink:

Em toadstools are not bad !.

I was making yesterday about 1000 srs.

Used for poison only 15 antidote potions :blink:.

1 antidote potion-65 gc (I bought them about 20)

They are better than Potion of feasting.

So the bones do have advantages, but they are not THE BEST. Now there is no BEST food, there are all kind of choices and strategies. Some choices are good for some skills, some choices are good for other skills.

With my alt, for example, I am using mushrooms and vegetables, then switch to FPs when I am poisoned until the poison is gone.

Exactly. Before mushrooms and this perk pof's were the only way possible. Now you have to think what is best for you, considering pros and cons of each type of food. None of them is the best - they either have cooldown, side effects or are hard to get in bigger quantities. Diversity is never a bad thing :D

I'm using mostly bones and cooked meat, I've bought some bones here and there, but I'm hunting for them as well - good for me, at least I have some motivation to go train my a/d :)

Umm, not really. It is much more convenient and faster to buy FPs from Mira rather than camp for hours at the skellies for little a/d EXP. That in addition to 3 PPs.

pfff... camping at skeletons. :D A lord does not kill skeletons, he buys their parts. This is where the price increase I anticipate will come from. When the decadent people start offering over 3gc per bone... Since decadence is the summum of civilization, I consider myself proud to be this decadent. Now just get some pp and actually take the perk and do away with that poisonous gnome fodder...

I really like this new perk, anyone know if this was a suggestion? Where did this great idea come from?

I came up with this perk ever since I added the perk system (almost 3 years ago). Just didn't get to implement until recently it for various reasons.

very very good perk i took it aswell and love it.

just that i hear that the perk has a bit of a negative touch. I heard from several people that they don't like the perk simply because it has a bit of a negative issue in it. Maybe it can get a name chance but ofcourse keep the rest of it like it is now.

maybe something like "bones is candy" makes it alot less negative if you ask me!

Maybe it can get a name chance but ofcourse keep the rest of it like it is now.

I always thought "Eaters of the Dead" would have a nicer ring to it.

Of course there's always: "Soilent Green". :confused:

very very good perk i took it aswell and love it.

just that i hear that the perk has a bit of a negative touch. I heard from several people that they don't like the perk simply because it has a bit of a negative issue in it. Maybe it can get a name chance but ofcourse keep the rest of it like it is now.

maybe something like "bones is candy" makes it alot less negative if you ask me!

If they don't like the name, they don't have to take it. As simple as that.

I really like this new perk, anyone know if this was a suggestion? Where did this great idea come from?

I came up with this perk ever since I added the perk system (almost 3 years ago). Just didn't get to implement until recently it for various reasons.

Various reasons being that they were planned for p2p? :bow_arrow:

Various reasons being that they were planned for p2p? :bow_arrow:

No perks were planned for p2p.

One of the reasons was that at that time there was no cooldown so such a perk didn't make much sense.

Guest ohmygod

Little bit off topic,

i got p2p for a/d reasons, maybe if there were some benifit for manu/cra/alch/etc more non-pkers would get p2p race.