Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
redsoxlovr10

Perks by events.

Now, don't you find it a bit unrealistic that if u go to the wraith, give him some gc and pp's and all of a sudden u glow in the dark or something?

Sudgestion: Earn your perks by doing stuff in the game instead of just spending pp's/gc.

Example: If you get a total of 100 cases of finding a random pouch of radiation damage then you will earn a special perk that gives radiation damage to your enimies like i glow in the dark or you could get a special perk like you become immune to radiation and only get half the damage for now on. Or if you get so many bags of gold from random bags you find while harvesting, you will start getting double the gold or you will get an excavator perk.

Same could apply to all types of events, if a certain amount of your weapons break, E.X 500 swords break in combat, then you get a perk that reduces your chance to have items break, or gives you a better percentage of making new weapons or something.

If you make over 200 enriched essances, then you get the ability to make essences at an increased rate, or a higher chance to make enriched essences or something.

These are all just examples from the top of my head, im thinking that the perks that you get from these events will be different from the ones that you can buy from the wraith, need help brainstorming possible cases though. :)

yeah still have the option to buy from wraith there, but have the ability to get similar perks from doing actions in the game.

Idea is in principle not a bad one but not sure that giving out perks that way is good.

Maybe if you were giving Rewards not perks when you reach a certain amount of events ( like quest rewards )

Congratulations you have been crushed by rock for the 500th time you have finally learnt that you should shore up the mine face ( you reciece -5% chance to bad events hapening while Harving )

Congratulations on being hit by your 200th radon pouch next time you will bring a canary ( you reciece -5% chance to bad events hapening while Harving )

and theses rewards could be culumative up to say -25%

Bad idea. When you get your o/a lvl up near the 100's or even the 70's/80's and so on it gets hard to save up pp's. And mother nature hates everyone so it would be bad idea.(i kno about saving perks i just nmt :)) and if you havent noticed this game is not realistic for ex. we have dragons,unicorns,feros tell me where to see 1 of them plz. well thats my input for this little topic :)

I like this idea, probably hard to code it, but it would be cool knowing that u brake stuff or get radon pouches not for nothing :hehe:

I hope that at least some parts of it will be implemented ( even small advantage like 5hp less from radon pouch after 10k times of getting hit would be ok, or 5% less chance for braking after braking like 100k different items. :(

eMPi

Then it should apply to negative perks as well.

"You tried to fight too many things that were too hard for you. You obviously love the underworld, so mother nature has given you "Hellspawn".

lol that would be mean, maby tempory hellspawn if u die to much :D

:D

Come on guys this thing is just sad...

I understand that you learn by your mistakes but come on what can you solve with this? Like for example the pr0 people would most definantly be getting some good perks from harvesting etc. And with the odds of it happening :) if you think about it the things you talk about are random things that into days era happens any way because you dont expect it. So if you wanna make it more realistic then add the facts. random things happen to you no matter what because you arent ready to stop them from coming. :)

Just my ideas on the subject

-Zure :)

I understand your idea... but technically what you are saying is giving labels and not perks...

say you get make 100 enriched essences in total you get labelled as an articifer, it doesn't necessarily mean your better at it....

Though maybe it would be good to expand on this idea in that (just as an example) when you make 50 enriched essies in total, you get the option to get the perk, but only when you have made so much...

Though maybe it would be good to expand on this idea in that (just as an example) when you make 50 enriched essies in total, you get the option to get the perk, but only when you have made so much...

Maybe at a reduced cost in PP ?

Then it should apply to negative perks as well.

"You tried to fight too many things that were too hard for you. You obviously love the underworld, so mother nature has given you "Hellspawn".

Yeah like some people who go out to pk/high lvled monster area and let themselves get killed.

Nice idea :lipssealed: and it's a bad idea too like scarr said :]

Edited by ELVARG

Yes, i like that idea, it doesn't apply to all perks, but to some it might be a good thing and add goals to reach(like not beaming for x consecutive ingame hours in order to have access to scotty died, or making a quest to access some other perk, or dying 100 times in x hours to get hellspawn... :lipssealed: ). And it solves the "You go at the wraith and start to glow without any reason" part. Maybe hard to code though.

Bal.

yeah, now this is wat im talking about, keep in mind, my original idea was pretty much crap, but it has so many good possibitys, i especially like wat conavar said about having a message going into public chat saying humorous things such as...

"redsoxlovr10 has been hit with radiation damage for the 1000th time and has learnt to bring an enviornmental suite to harvest with"

And then maybe have a perk that goes along with the event for a little while, and yes it should go with neg perks as well, such as you beam over 100 times in a day and you get this.

"redsoxlovr10 has beamed for the 100th time today and has overworked scotty into a coma"

Keep expanding on this :lipssealed:

lol that would be mean, maby tempory hellspawn if u die to much :icon13:

You know what? you could build off of that idea!

after a certain amount of some event happening to you in a day, you get the perk for the rest of that day.

That would in turn be a fair system since you wouldn't be getting a perk permanently by picking flowers all day or whatnot

Edit: "TheComet did not read the previous comments, and Scotty Died from a lack of faith in humanity"

Edited by TheComet

if a certain amount of your weapons break, E.X 500 swords break in combat, then you get a perk that reduces your chance to have items break, or gives you a better percentage of making new weapons or something.

Yea, cool.

a pile of bones and a BroD, pretty soon NMT is yours for nearly free :o