Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total guilds war

My Lord,

You stated this thread only for Pk guilds, but it will effect non-pk guilds as well.

I stand by my concerns that i stated in my former posts and will no extend to tem again, but merely summurize them:

1. I dont like to be confrontated with the attacking/killing/slaughtering of friends or foes of my family or me in person. If I want to witnes that, ill go to an arena or to pk areas.

2. newcomers can get abused by this if they dont know enough of the guild they join, knowingly be kept in te dark, or just being naive.

3.in overall..this World will loose its status for being safe to all, being in the presence of a homicide can be just as frighning and traumatizing as participating in one

You asked for our concerns, my Lord, these are mine.I will not enjoy my walks along the river sides or through Your woods s much as i did ever again, being constantly afraid to see soemthing i dont wanna see.

in deep respect,

JezeBelle

Its not like you HAVE to war other guilds you know ???

For the fighters this is great, even for the low lvl fighters who cant actually go into pk maps without 100 a/d'ers attackin them.

so .. yay for this war system! :laugh:

I can see spin-off guild emerging from this, so that pking members and those wanting to try their luck will branch off for a short while in order to protect their non pking guildies.

No doubt a lot of guildhopping will then ensue.

4. Both guilds must declare war to eachother, in order for their players to attack eachother.

6. The fighting will take place between 3:30 and 0:30 (at night)

So, any other concerns?

Ad 4 Ok, and how about both sides must declare PEACE to eachother, in order to ermmm make peace ?

Ad 6 Why at night ? Couldn't it be non-stop untill peace treaty ?

Basicaly i like this idea, however i thing that it would be better, if guild in war, were able to kill each other just during some period of day, eg night.

This could give some time to players to prepare for battle.

Wow, that is one very good idea.

I think I will implement it.

there is another thread about this (one that u did post on gen_axis) can we plz read that thread b4 we ask questions on this one that have been answered on that one.

edit: click the arrow in the quotes to go to the other thread

Edited by Happy_G

there is another thread about this (one that u did post on gen_axis) can we plz read that thread b4 we ask questions on this one that have been answered on that one.

edit: click the arrow in the quotes to go to the other thread

Really ? I'll surprise you... I know that and I have read it :/

But I'm still curious about Ent point of view.

Why a period time would be better ?

It's only limiting whole idea, like making demo of feature, not itself.

Ad 4 Ok, and how about both sides must declare PEACE to eachother, in order to ermmm make peace ?

No.

Ad 6 Why at night ? Couldn't it be non-stop untill peace treaty ?

Would be more interesting, would add another difference between night and day. More strategy involved, time to regroup, restock, etc.

BTW, one more thing: The summoned animals will not attack the enemies on non PK maps.

The reason for this is that they have a high potential of causing collateral damage (lag, missclicks, etc.)

So, one guild would be able to break a war whenever it want, just when they start loosing. :/

Would be more interesting, would add another difference between night and day. More strategy involved, time to regroup, restock, etc.

Well, that's a reason i didn't think about.

Thanks for answer.

Edited by Gen_Axis

Is there really anyone that will use this feature for real or are all you guys excited to see what others will do? Because this is just about the high lvl guilds, averange guild can as I mentioned just ask high level players and others to kill the other guild for a small fee--> Destroy alot. Also even the "high lvl guilds" like DiE! and HIM and what ever the rest are called have their flaws and newbies/low lvls... and since its only about the high lvl guilds, who is finaly gonna end up using this since it means all the lower lvl members need to quit to be safe... ?

All ppl here seems to want this because they know high lvl fights are gonna be in front of their eyes == possible high lvl looting... And btw which guild wanna risk getting killed at/near storage where 100 noobs go and loot?

I say all towns should be safe-zones... Outside towns should be pkable zones for the guilds that are in war.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Yes but game times are set, im sure you could hop on see when 3:30 starts ingame and look at your clock

Edit: Deleted double post due to refresh

Edited by Joshyboy

Yes but game times are set, im sure you could hop on see when 3:30 starts ingame and look at your clock

There is a little difference beetwen EL hour and RL hour: so every day, at the same RL time you'll get a different EL time.

And if you just want to know what time is it before logging: check EL site

I think the cost to declare war/peace should be ~5x its current value, rosto comes in at about 15kgc which is something people dont care for losing, and love to take from enemies.

Great idea though,

EG

what about giving guilds you are in war a specific (new) tag color?

Yeah, I thought about it too. An Innocent Noob joining an evil guild would notice something is different ;) There might be an option in player preferences, something like "highlight enemies".

Another idea: maybe there might be a little "lag" between the time both sides declare war, and the time they actually can start fighting, and when signing the peace treaty (aka surrender), so the victors can have i.e. 15 minutes more fun :ph34r: Another possibility is to make the War last at least X time. That might also help against abusing the system IMO.

More important concern: when somebody is joining a guild, the new guild tag is visible only to players that enter the map after him unless he relogs or changes the map. That might be a problem!

Edited by Ulrih

It all looks fantastic, I am sure there will be a few tweaks here and there, but hey there have been tweaks here and there since I first came to EL.

I know alot of people that love this idea may not actually take the full step to war, (unless your a bit crazy and have a thing for the underworld like some people*coughSincough*) but it's something to work toward as a guild. This would change alot in game, but it would also bring in alot more strategy, and diversity within guilds, I would hope.

Can't wait! :ph34r:

Maybe the #join_guild command could be extended to help protect noobs from getting involved into wars only by joining an ebul guild. I mean something like:

#join_guild Ebul_Pekers

You're about to join Ebul_Pekers, be aware that this guild is in state of war with the following guilds:

- guild 1

- guild 2

- guild 3

Read about Total wars in EL-encyclopedia.

Edited by Kwas

would guilds be able to declear war on the ants guilds? will be intresting if we could but then again you'll properbly see alot of dead ants...

(just noticed a old topic x.x now reading to see if this has been said. sry if it has)

Edited by cho-yun