Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tico

Forum Skin

Well, the horses on the reply buttons were there on the old skin
first time I saw the new skin, I thought I was at the wrong place and got the old forum somehow :P

It's certainly better than the IPB basic skin. Using that one just makes it look highly impersonal.

Am I wrong or is there more smilies added? :P:D

dont realy like the EL banner, but good thing is we can type in white

I also wanted to change to the one we had before, but I was too lazy. Now I am glad I didn't do it because I got used to it really fast and I love it(Scarr is right white rocks). Horses/unicorn are nice too.

R

Edited by LadyReni

Well, the horses on the reply buttons were there on the old skin(not the IPB old skin but we had a PHPbb forum way back when, and had an EL theme for it). I admit I was lazy and just left them there. Skinning takes a lot of work. But I like the horses anyway :P

I take it you made the new forum skin then? Thanks roja it brings out the seskiness of EL. :P

Well, the horses on the reply buttons were there on the old skin(not the IPB old skin but we had a PHPbb forum way back when, and had an EL theme for it). I admit I was lazy and just left them there. Skinning takes a lot of work. But I like the horses anyway :(

I'll learn to love your ponies then :hug:

This new skin is lovely... and easier on the eyes than the sharp painful bright white bkg of the previous skin.

This is soft and pleasant ... nice on the eyes if you've been up for too many hours playing the game.

If possible a very gentle non-obtrusive parchment pattern might be a nice addition to the message background area

... and a different pattern of parchment for the quote bkg ... looking more worn and creased

... also quotes could be a bit darker than the regular message area ... rather than the current lighter shade.

Cheers,

Ikaris

Edited by Ikaris

I'm sorry for resurecting this thread, I like the new forum skin, but isn't there a way to change the favicon (so that it fits better with the skin)?

Someone can volunteer to remove those white borders from the icons, as long as they know what they're doing :wub:

I just don't have time for it.

I think it's fantastic, Roja! Don't listen to them picky peeps!

The nice warm browns and tans are right in there with the game itself, you have great taste in colors!!

It is almost all of them, including the ;) icon

There is no point in jsut removing some I think.

For emoticons, click the enable Smilies in fast reply or Show all in reply to get a list of smilies with white "residue" for the rest of the icons I suggest you try them out in a art program with the forum skin color bg.

Ok, Anyone ever have/had a problem with photoshop not filling in (with bucket) with the color you want?

I am trying to fill it in with the brown but all my programs (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint) are insisting that I should fill it in with blue, and wont let me do otherwise.

Can anyone help me with this? Then I will get started on everything ;)

Knight

Edited by The_Knight

Oh wait, a requirement, sorry forgot to say this earlier:

Do not fill in the color with the forum skin color! Make it a transparent gif! So that if the color of the forum changes again, or if someone uses an old skin, they will still look ok!

So basically delete the white, and replace the white with transparency.

Oh wait, a requirement, sorry forgot to say this earlier:

Do not fill in the color with the forum skin color! Make it a transparent gif! So that if the color of the forum changes again, or if someone uses an old skin, they will still look ok!

So basically delete the white, and replace the white with transparency.

of course ;)