Eternal Lands Official Forums
RunTime

joining a guild

I know somebody else posted something like this but i have some other things to add. When ur trying to get somebody to join your guild you tell them to type #join_guild (name of guild) but you never know if they typed it right r spelled it right. so I was thinking that when somebody types #join_guild (guild name) the guild master should get a message "playername wants to join your guild". I was also thinking that when somebody types #join_guild the guild master should get a message with all their skill levels like Attack, Defence, Harest, magic, potions, and the rest. and based on what the guild master thinks he could type in a commend to either accept or deny the player. And the guild master should get a message when somebody leaves the guild. So he/she knows that somebody left. I also think that a guild master should have a list of all the members and there rank in the guild. I think if yall would put this in the game it would help out the Guild Masters alot with managing their guild.

there's a good idea in here but it needs to be thought over more. What if the guildmaster is offline? What other ranks should see this 'spam'? Some guildmasters (rank 20) are held by bots so that might be tricky :)

so I was thinking that when somebody types #join_guild (guild name) the guild master should get a message "playername wants to join your guild".

And the guild master should get a message when somebody leaves the guild. So he/she knows that somebody left.
I also think that a guild master should have a list of all the members and there rank in the guild.

I agree with these. The stats we are able to look up anyway. If somebody wants to join your guild, and refuses to take privacy off for a potential guild master to see, odds are you probably don't want him anyway.

Also I agree with magpie, this should be allowed for other ranks too, I would think whoever has high enough rank to accept/remove members.

Only people in guilds that should see it are ones with power of accepting it. Thus, they're ranks 19 or 20.

Not bad idea. However, there may be some people abusing it with spamming:/

All in all, nice idea. Hope it will be taken under consideration soon.

power of accepting it. Thus, they're ranks 19 or 20.
15 can accept, though it takes 19 to change to rank 5 to GM, so it's only sorta 19

to stop the abusing thing, might be easier to add a command for the gm or 19s to do #accept_requests playername then they can send a request and thus 19/20 can see it

How about a command to block request spammers?

Or...have it coded so that you can only request once to a guild.

yea i should have said rank 20 and 19 to see it. i also think that only ranks 19 and 20 should be able to let people in because their the bosses. their the heads of the guild and their the ones that should make the decisions. and my idea could be polished up but i just put it on here not long after thinking about it. so if u have a way to polish it up please post it on here. I also think that aislinn's idea of letting a player only request once for a guilds reallly good and should, if they decid to put my idea in be in there to

Edited by Gandalf2

Idea of only one request to one guild sounds better, but a nice idea in general. :blink:

so I was thinking that when somebody types #join_guild (guild name) the guild master should get a message "playername wants to join your guild".

I partially agree with this one, what if the guildmaster could invite you to avoid the spelling issues? From a role playing point of view it would be nice if all this was done in a dialogue similar to the trade window, ie you have to see eachother ingame to be able to join a guild.

And the guild master should get a message when somebody leaves the guild. So he/she knows that somebody left.

Agreed

I also think that a guild master should have a list of all the members and there rank in the guild.

Agreed

The last two would be very useful for guild management purposes.

How about a command to block request spammers?

Or...have it coded so that you can only request once to a guild.

There are too many text commands as it is imo.

So a request-once thing is perfect (like the request buddy thing which can also be done 1 sorta)

I like the idea alot and me as a guild master would think it would be great to have these commands. Maybe though if the gm wasnt on that the next time he got on the message would send ot him or like was said that it could be sent to a rank 19 for them to do something with. If neither one is on then it would be sent to the next one that comes on. I like the join guild only once thing also. Maybe though u can only join the guild once for every 2 ingame days like the leave_guild command.

I partially agree with this one, what if the guildmaster could invite you to avoid the spelling issues? From a role playing point of view it would be nice if all this was done in a dialogue similar to the trade window, ie you have to see eachother ingame to be able to join a guild.

Great idea, :bow_arrow: