Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Global advantages

random chance per hour, i like that, i was going to sugest it. 500kgc for 10 more harvests per hour, how long will theis last b4 i decide wheather i think its worth it or not

how about a common storage that guilds can pay for with level 19+ access? :) this would be sooooooooo handy :P

Then everyone will be lvl 19 :P plus lvl 19 is a high lvl in a guild...It requieres ultimate trust in the guild to be a co-leader...silly idea

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

how about a common storage that guilds can pay for with level 19+ access? :) this would be sooooooooo handy :P

Then everyone will be lvl 19 :P plus lvl 19 is a high lvl in a guild...It requieres ultimate trust in the guild to be a co-leader...silly idea

Then make it level 15 or 5 or such. But a guild storage, you can rent for a monthly fee, would be a good idea imo.

Piper

Have a random chance for an event to be triggered (similar to special days) that spawns 2 NPC's, one in each continent, at a set place on one safe map. Both NPC's will offer the same thing on both continents. Whichever continent completes the task first wins and the event that is triggered will only be in effect on that particular continent).

When the NPC spawns at the beginning of the EL day, players have the whole of the day to donate any items the NPC is collecting (preset list to be made). If at the end of that day the NPC has enough donations (again, a preset amount to be determined), the NPC triggers an event.

As for what event is triggers, depends on what the NPC is collecting. If he's collecting gold coins, and he gets over the amount he needs, anywhere in the game where you can receive gold coins (harvesting, monster drops etc.) will be quadrupled or higher.

If he's collecting furs (any kind) summoning exp will be boosted by a percentage for the day.

If he's collecting leather items of any kind, manu exp will affected.

Silver/Gold rings - crafting exp boost

Potions - potion exp boost

So on and so forth for each skill, except a/d (getting to it). Maybe the percentages on c2 could be more than on c1, to populate c2 a bit more?

If however, the NPC doesnt get enough donations at the end of the day, he has a random chance to:

- destroy them

- give them to joker

- sell them

- any other suggestions

Now as for a/d the NPC is going to ask for specific things. A lot of specific things, and these things will change each time the NPC appears and is taking items for the a/d event. For a boost to both skills, the NPC would require things like 50 ELE's, 20 Iron Cuisses, 100 Titanium Long swords. The more specific and varied the items the better - these items should be manufacturable items, as this not only provides a demand for alch/manu services, but it'll create certain dips and booms in the economy where certain items that were given to the NPC are in very high demand, and become rare items. Given the fact that the players wont know what items are needed until the NPC spawns, there's no way of knowing which items to mass-produce.

There should probably be certain factors involved. Things like not having the NPC's spawn at the end of a special day, each event the NPC triggers should be different up to 3 events, so that 2 of the same event dont occur within 4-5 times of the NPC spawning.

Entropy, better make tax-system. Divide all maps to be some kind of country. And if player pays tax (everybody MUST do it) it will go into a budget (or call it whatever you wish - safe or something else). When certain amount of money is in safe (like 1M gc) than something nice will happen IN THAT COUNTRY (map)...

(This was a quick idea, i haven't had time to develop it further.)

How about a storage NPC that can move about. When you donate to him, you get a choice of 6 or so places for him to stand (just outside the MM silver mine, at the North enterance to the CC in DP, on the upper level of the Portland TI mine, etc). When he has collected some pre-defined amount (500K gc was mentioned) he will go to the place that had the most money donated towards. He will stand there for say a week, then return to his home and the process repeats.

Everyone would benefit from him being close to a harvesting location for a week, but those that donated the most would benefit the most by having him at the spot they selected.

How about a tie in with the random days.

Set gc is reached the next random day has a chance of being a positive one,

say for example

less than 250k gc limit reached greater chance of a less desirable random day

251-350kgc normal chance

351kgc greater chance of positive random day

That can even be done with items. changing randomly per reset of the chance etc

250k gc in harvestables, green day or on its opposite more random events

250k makable items labour day, greater chance of making a rare item. Etc etc.

Once the random day occurs the Global advantage resets, random days occur normally until a set time period is reached a week/month etc. Then it is either a good/bad day again.

I would put into a Global advantage scheme.

Can see problems with an invasion based advantage however.

How about an npc that collects donations that inspire law or lawlessness in certain maps, if enough people put money in a map becomes PK for some time period. For example 200k end up in the npc and he inspires PK in Naralik chosen randomly (Maps with storage should be safe to prevent the training at storage issue).

To oppose this the law inspiring npc can be paid to globally prevent PK interaction between two parties of wildly different combat score, could be a random number, could be a secret number. The clear downside to this is that team killing would suffer, doubly so if the maps aren't multicombat.

Some players would want fund the PKers, the active force, others would want to fund the peacemakers, the reactive force.

Hehe, I'm out of S2E swords and am missing the thrill of Imbroglio. :P

Another idea connected to the one bkc56 said. Every mine will have a storage right at its door. The people who pay(example 20 $ for a week)will be able to use 1 mine storage npc of their choice for 1 week of time.(you will go to the pl mine and :example: there will be a NPC named Rick you talk to him and you will give him a storage access key. Then you will click on "Subscribe to Portland Titanium Mines Storage" . Once you subscribe, the 7 days will begin) After the weekly time ends when you talk to them they'll just say Hi to you but wont let you access storage.(there will be an item called storage access key. You pay 20$ and once the payment is done entropy/learner will give you that key which will subscribe you to the mine of your choice for 28 in-game days-that makes 7 real life days-) How is this one?

And just a thought: We all know how annoying rain and fog can be. So i suggest a NPC who collects a given amount of stuff and then there will be less rain/fog in a given area (map/continent or the whole world) for some time.

Piper

I think we should have the ability to rent carts or buy backpacks or something that will artificially boost our carrying capacity. in "that other game" we had special armor and backpacks that we could wear to increase our carrying capacity. We also bough carts that substantially increased our carry capacity, but slowed our walk speed in half while carts were deployed.

One of the events possible is a global blessing of ALL skills for a limited period per hour, depending on donations taken. (As opposed to individual exp blessings previously suggested).

This idea is kinda more "global" and likely to help out players on ALL levels, particularly the lower ones who need it more.

This idea r0x0rz however teh pessimist in me see's the possibility that teh greedy few will not wanna part with stuff and will want to cash in still.

I would like to suggest a regularly automated #BC be made for the donations level so players know how much has been raised etc so far and how much more needs adding? This might lead to players taking that extra step to donating where otherwise they would hoard...

okay here's one. How about when the monster populations grow too high they begin to ignore mm capes, and possibly go for even higher stat characters?

It would make it more imperative for people to work together, and give a little extra flourish. Kind of a mob mentality on gobs and such...

Entropy, better make tax-system. Divide all maps to be some kind of country. And if player pays tax (everybody MUST do it) it will go into a budget (or call it whatever you wish - safe or something else). When certain amount of money is in safe (like 1M gc) than something nice will happen IN THAT COUNTRY (map)...

(This was a quick idea, i haven't had time to develop it further.)

That's how it will be in some distant future, with player made cities and stuff.

what about if instead of people or guild getting something from npc (be it stationary or roving like joker) you can contribute to gift others with extra harvest or something along those lines ..might be a tad hokey sounding but wouldnt that fit into the "global" theme?

About the tax paying...if it is not that hard u guys should make a little map only about like a storage where is a storage npc and a tax npc and every month oce evry player when they log on will be teleported there and cant leave the are while they are not paying the fee... so this way everybody would pay the same amout of gc or what they have resurces.....

About the tax paying...if it is not that hard u guys should make a little map only about like a storage where is a storage npc and a tax npc and every month oce evry player when they log on will be teleported there and cant leave the are while they are not paying the fee... so this way everybody would pay the same amout of gc or what they have resurces.....

And then 100-300 people get teleported there at the same time :lipssealed:

and have nothing in sto to pay the tax, then do they get out free. i dont like the tax idea, mabey a small 1-5gc fee for entering a map (still dont like that idea, but better than the tax bot)

no no...not same day for everybody,only in row every player would has his day on the game...(about 50 one day), and allways have something in the storage,, don tell me that... and yes the tax should be low as us told about 5-10 gc per mouth... that is 20 lilacs..i think even a new starter can afford that... and the day before the tax day u would get an alert message that tomorrow is tax day so u will be able to pay... that fee....

or no little map only a tax npc on IP or any safe map... and if somebody will not pay the tax will get pkble if is bellow a/d 60 and if he is greater then this will get cant be attacked and cant attack nothing and nobody... this thing would make peoples to pay taxes too...

and yes the tax should be low as us told about 5-10 gc per mouth... that is 20 lilacs..i think even a new starter can afford that... and the day before the tax day u would get an alert message that tomorrow is tax day so u will be able to pay... that fee....

And what if he isn't online every day? :lipssealed:

those players who are not online the day before the taxing will get a day for makeing stuff or money to pay the tax...they will have the next log on the tax day... so it can be resolved....

and the thing that u become pkble every map who's below 60 a/d it really hurts, and for those above this the cant attack/cant be attacked on no map the same cause they do pking....