Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aravan

New Day

i searched the forums and couldnt find it so here it is

on a day there should be 50% off day all npc prices will be 50% off so everything is cheaper

example: exc claok from victor will be 1450 instead of 2900 i think its a good idea but what do u think? :rolleyes:

i would like this idea it would help a not a very rich person like me get the 1 thing i crave most of all

A Crown of Mana :rolleyes:

nice name btw the mullet :omg:

Edited by Bear

This would be way to unsetting to the already fragile economy...

Could a variant work? It would have to be much more restrictive to prevent damage to the market.

How about this: During 'sale day', a specific NPC is chosen at random. The first five transactions are at sale price, after which that sale ends, and a new NPC is chosen.

This way, there is only a small opportunity for cheap goods, and some fun can be had searching out the NPC who currently has the sale on.

Update: Thinking about it, restricting the sale to one item on one NPC is too extreme. For the sale hunters to feel that the effort is worthwhile, it needs to be all items for those valuable five transactions!

Edited by trollson

Everybody would just wait for this day to buy anything from npc and they would think npc price of this day as real price of product, so most of stuff wasn't worth of making anymore :confused:

I can't say this idea was well thought. It would mean that during this day everybody would run and buy like 2-3 CoL, BoDs, etc. It would make the economy screwed even more.

Way better is trollson's idea. This would work amazing and give lots of fun.

i didnt think it would make that big a dif but now that i think about it i guess that it wont work

i think it should be 25% off now too... bear good idea

still stupid even if 25% off.

I save up my GC, wait for this day. I then go to shop, buy loads of stuff at discount prices then can sell for loads more money. Since everyone is doing this the prices of many things would just get driven down.

Trollson idea is cool, but there have been better days suggested imo.

better said: a 10%(?) CHANCE that the item you buy costs only half of the normal price.

This way you don't know if it'll be cheap or normal price, it would keep the economy more steady. :P

If its a global reduction then it affects the whole economy, and any reduction looks dangerous.

If its my suggestion, where the sale is limited to one NPC, possibly one item type (1), and only five transactions before the sale is moved, then the effects are contained in a few characters, and 50% is fine; consider how much you could buy in only 5 transaction?

If the random NPC is a flower seller somewhere on Irrillion, then its possible that the Sale Day goes by without anyone finding her. If someone does, then they'd have to buy five flowers to move the sale on, and the search starts again.

If it lands on Tanta, well the chances are she'll be staked out from the first minute! Even at 50% off, its only 5 transactions, and there would be quite a stampede! lol. Characters would probably sit by her all day on the off chance...

(1) I've gone off the idea of limiting it to just one item type on the NPC; it makes it far too restrictive. Since the sale is only 5 transactions, first come first served, then having the sale on all items on that NPC makes the hunt more worthwhile.

Edited by trollson

It's a huge pain for the game to have 5 cols/coms/bods or whatever in the game forhalf the price. But your idea is much better than the main idea :P

Bad bad bad bad bad idea. Market will be loaded with normally expensive 'exclusive' stuff.

And for the idea about a 50% more day no1 will buy stuff then so no point in that either.