Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC2, please help us test

#set_guild_color -BD- Grey does not work

#set_guild_color -BD- grey does work

I think that's a bit of a glitch

Highlight names on tab feature: It says in the discription that a chat will highlight if someone mentions my name it highlights everytime someone says something

Edited by Bleuren

Well before I get to any conclusions... is this another test?

Lol ok read topic >.<

Edited by Tater

Hi all!

Thanks for the opportunity to test. I did check the new chat features and had no problems with them. I appreciate the addition of the text bar, and the cursor to the text bar. I'll have more time to explore tomorrow, but I have one request:

I know many of you that are testing are past the century mark with their characters, or just started a new character for the test server. Please make new copies of our characters on the test server.

When I logged on, I was told I just completed Puma Fighting. That makes my test character several months old, and my fighting abilities have increased to the point where I could try "some" of the new animals...with a new copy of my main server character.

Thank you.

Randy (Alyot, Terran)

As reported earlier but still present:

for some reason, right clicking over an inventory window sometimes (most of the time) changes the icon both on mousedown event and mouseup event, so one click actually changes the icon twice.

To test it, press the mouse button and hold it down for a short while, the icon will change instantly, and when the button is released, the icon will change again.

The text in the Options window is inconsistent, some are Capitalised On Every Word, others are Capitalised on only the first word.

Here is a breakdown:

Controls Tab:

Every option is capitalised on every word

Audio Tab:

Mixture of capitalisation states:

Enable sound effects

Enable music

Sound Gain

Music Gain

HUD Tab:

Every option is capitalised on every word, although StatBars in HUD - StatBars possibly requires a space between words

Server Tab:

Misc Tab:

AFK Time

AFK Message

Save local chat messages when afk - should it also read AFK?

Global Ignores

Save Ignores

Global Filter

Caps filter - should it also read Filter?

Language

Browser

Save Ini

Log buddy sign on/off

Data Directory - should this be disabled under Windows as modifying it kills the client?

Windows On Top

Font Tab:

Chat Tab:

All capitalised on first word:

Use windowed chat

Separate local chat

Seperate guild chat - Separate spelled incorrectly

Seperate server messages - Separate spelled incorrectly

Seperate moderator chat - Separate spelled incorrectly, should this be swapped in position with server messages for consistency (chat chat server chat -> chat chat chat server)?

Highlight tabs on name

Video Tab:

Full Screen

Shadows

Shadow Mapping

Shadow Map Size

Render fog

Poor Man

Show Reflections

Use isometric view

Video Mode

Limit FPS

Advanced video Tab: (Note the mixture of capitalisation states)

Don't Adjust Shadows

Cloud Shadows

Mipmaps

Compiled Vertex Array

Point Particles

Particle Percentage

ATI Bug

Mouse Bug

Alpha Border

Floating messages

Perspective

Near plane distance

Toggle frame buffer support

Gamma

As a sidenote, should the window display "Options" rather than ELconfig ?

----------------------------

Inventory Window:

If you have 100+EMU used, the L in Load overlaps the last item box, maybe move the word Load: to the line above the xxx/yyy

Help Window:

"How do *i* start a skill?" - I should be capitalised

Statistics Window:

Statistics Tab:

Food level needs to read Food Level

Counters Tab:

Some monsters need to be altered eg. Armed orc->Armed Orc

Well, minor stuff like that can go, we will never be able to weed out all the problems at once. So long as there are no crashes or serious bugs, I think we should go on with the update pretty soon.

Well, minor stuff like that can go, we will never be able to weed out all the problems at once. So long as there are no crashes or serious bugs, I think we should go on with the update pretty soon.
I have to agree wholeheartedly, I haven't crashed at all in the last 2 RCs and I've been on the test server pretty much constantly for days.

As far as I am concerned, go for it :)

As reported earlier but still present:
for some reason, right clicking over an inventory window sometimes (most of the time) changes the icon both on mousedown event and mouseup event, so one click actually changes the icon twice.
one day I hope to make it so instead of just a click handler, there's mousedown, mouseup, click (when down and up are both done in same position), drag (when they're done in different position but over same widget), scroll... in some cases, the same function would handle several of these... most cases, click will be sufficient (and made to work properly in the mouse-handling code, no extra work in each click handler)

this will be needed for something else I've been working on, being able to highlight text and copy to clipboard. hopefully it'll be available for testing a while after the coming update

The text in the Options window is inconsistent, some are Capitalised On Every Word, others are Capitalised on only the first word.
if it's only string changes, then hack up a patch and it should be able to go in reasonably quickly, changes that are only to quoted strings are easy to check that they're 'obviously correct'

and note that it actually over-rides a lot of stuff in code from the xml files, just changing the source code won't fix it all

and in counters: that uses monster names from the actor

Edited by ttlanhil

I patched the source and upped it to berlios.

Note the patch covers the XML files too :confused:

The patch is here

I patched the source and upped it to berlios.

Note the patch covers the XML files too :P

The patch is here

unless I get yelled at, I'll stick most of it in soon. all apart from:

-	<a_dwarf>About Dwarfs</a_dwarf>
+	<a_dwarf>About Dwarves</a_dwarf>

, since dwarves/dwarfs is not necessarily a typo (tolkien had to tell 'helpful' editors that it should stay the way he put it)

edit: has been done

Edited by ttlanhil

Well, I have been testing for the past 2 hours.. and so far found only a small map bug.

Irilion Portals room. There is a grass ground tile visible in the middle of the blue void area NE of 45,172. I have my perspective set to 0.45

Other than that, MAN this update looks great! No stability problems or anything! :P

Great job team!

Sorry to post back to back.. but it has been a few hours :)

Here are my latest findings (map bugs?):

Arius 22,186: the ramp to the docs is not walkable like the others.

Zirakinbar 311,76: There is a map sign on the boat for Aeth Aeflan, but it does not work.

Aeth Aeflan 210,30 and 343,256: gaps between the banks and the ground tiles.

281,243 the door to the building is embedded in the building and partially obstructed.

352,229 seems to be a misplaced sedicolis sign?

Wyrmgoth Underground 27,48: can not normal click the door to exit, have to "use" the door.

NPC Cantemir - Says he sells ring books for teleporting to Irilion, but he actually sells something different (intentionally left out location and what he sells).

If you do not know what the release candidate is for, or if you are unable to read and follow the directions Ent posted here, please do not download the release candidate.

This is for TESTING on the TEST SERVER. All you're doing is wasting bandwidth, causing problems and slowing things down.

As you can see by the few posts to the thread, there aren't many legitimate testers to begin with. Please don't make things more difficult.

After reading your blog, I decided to post this here.

I've seen one person take on a giant by themselves, and they weren't even at their current levels on the main server. I think for such a great reward (their drops), they should probably be a bit stronger with their attack and defense, and maybe even p/c if that would be better.

Just my 2 cents.

For rc1 Roja posted linux version. Is that also available for rc2?

One more thing, I noticed that linux rc1 did not have 64 bit version compiled. Do you need help with that?

In Zarkinbar, there is a lava cave once you get to the back on the boat it takes you to a mine shaft once you get in it you can't get out

edit:

there is a way out but a lot of people would get stuck because that boat don't work

the boat to ateh aflon from Zikrinibar still doesn't work

Edited by Bleuren

After reading your blog, I decided to post this here.

I've seen one person take on a giant by themselves, and they weren't even at their current levels on the main server. I think for such a great reward (their drops), they should probably be a bit stronger with their attack and defense, and maybe even p/c if that would be better.

Just my 2 cents.

Who? I want to talk with that person.

Really minor things. I point them out more for future reference and as a notice to mapmakers to make sure things look clean:

Mountain segments that float (usually just barely) off the ground and hence cast odd shadows`:

. WS 505x76; 216x174; 203x119; 47x88; 397x38

. WS summon arena, several rocks

Blackness / See through the ground depending on angle

. WS 475x109 ground in the corner

. WS 95x207 at just the right angle you can see under the upper rock and into the darkness

Bethel

162x174, you can enter the cave that you are standing on by clicking the archway at your feet, without first climbing down the ladder

I tried all the other caves, they all seem to work correctly.

Zirakgunda

. 89x240 can walk into this lamppost

. 102x252 same

. 186x308 ground-water edge is not flush, can see through to rest of obilisk. also, with relections on, the obilisk does not show reflected in the water, just the skull floats there. The same is true for the other blue obilisks in the area. Additionally, there is a rock above you that gets mangled in the reflection as you can see up under it.

. Mentioned in a previous thread by someone else, I still cannot seem to get on the boat to get back out if Zirakgunda

Edited by Drakos7

Wiew stats window is pulled so mutch to the right, that i only see first letters. I tryed to mouse it back to visibility, but can only move it vertical.

Ok was just told this is an old bug allready discussed so forget about it :icon13:

Edited by Torbenj

For rc1 Roja posted linux version. Is that also available for rc2?

Alternately, can you provide a link to all the data files in *.zip, *.tar.gz, or *.tar.bz2 format? This would help the linux and OS X testers.

Here is a bzip2 tar of the data. I removed the el.exe and the dlls from it as linux/osx people will not need them

Thanks bro.

Bugs: elf ear still sticks out of titanium helm. When walking through water to C2 cave, shadow appears as if character was walking on water. The second could be OS X related though.