Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Dreamweaver

WordPad

ROFL, but true either.

I quite enjoyed HomeSite 5 and now I'm very satisfied with DW8, so version 8 is my pick...

WordPad
evil. if you want an editor without much ability, then notepad will do (but get the nt/xp version, that can handle files over 50-odd KB in size)

if you're more serious, get a real editor, either one designed for web editing, or a general coding one (many of which will have html, css, even javascript support)

Wordpad is ok, but real men use 42 49 4E 41 52 59*

*Yeah I know ^.^

My vote is going to have to go with Notepad, nothing like "Created with Notepad" at the bottom of a site to show how 1337 you are.

Dreamweaver et al are never going to be perfect, all they will create are generic and highly bloated sites, with 200KB html files, most of which will be DreamWeaver ad spam in the HTML.

Errmmm, quanta, kate, emacs... ops, I forgot we were talking about windows... :)

EDIT: forgot bluefish... a nice gtk editor.

Edited by m_bee

Well I use Dreamweaver only because I'm lazy of typing. I do not rely on its features, it just helps me writing with auto </> tags, tag insight, CSS editor and so on...

Hc, if you dont want polices knockin' on your door(I doubt youre gonna buy dreamweaver :ph34r:), download notepad++ :blink:.

Its good and...free. You can get it from sourceforge.net i.e., too lazy to find link though :P.

WordPad

LMAO

Personally I use VI when on GNU/Linux and Textpad when in Windows. However, Dreamweaver is the industry standard and a very impressive piece of software so any version would do.

Errrmm... Standard???

The only standards when coding html are described here: http://www.w3.org/

For me, impresive is how bloated is the html it can produce lol Learn html and use a text editor. It is like to compare C against Visual Basic :P

Errrmm... Standard???

The only standards when coding html are described here: http://www.w3.org/

For me, impresive is how bloated is the html it can produce lol Learn html and use a text editor. It is like to compare C against Visual Basic :P

Yes, the standard amongst professional designers, not W3C standards (which governs the standards of the code, not the applications that produce it).

Its the same, I doubt that autogenerated code can met any standard at all in a strict manner 100% of times. Handwriten code can.

Anyway, of course, to acknowledge standards is only important if you care for the rest of users, and not just MSIE ones. :P And of course, if comercial standards are more important for you than html standard, then go along and use it. Almost no knowledge needed and fast development comes always at a price. Dont have a doubt.

EDIT: And anyway, there is no perfect browser, so, annoyances will always exist in one or another, since they all have small differences in the way that they interpret things that are supposed to be part of any standard... The html legacy :whistle:

Edited by m_bee

Its the same, I doubt that autogenerated code can met any standard at all in a strict manner 100% of times. Handwriten code can.

Anyway, of course, to acknowledge standards is only important if you care for the rest of users, and not just MSIE ones. ;) And of course, if comercial standards are more important for you than html standard, then go along and use it. Almost no knowledge needed and fast development comes always at a price. Dont have a doubt.

EDIT: And anyway, there is no perfect browser, so, annoyances will always exist in one or another, since they all have small differences in the way that they interpret things that are supposed to be part of any standard... The html legacy :(

You are completely missing my point. I don't need you to preach to me about w3c standards, i'm an enterprise Java developer by trade, I know this shit.

By 'standards' I meant the most popular application used by professionals in the industry.

Jeeze...

The last edition has improvements for databases, scripting languages, etc.

Basially it has the same features, more or less, that a web developer will use.

debug test.com
File not found

-a 100
mov ah,09
mov dx,109
int 21
int 20

-e 109 

64 65 62 75 67 20 72 6f 78 21 24

-rcx
:14
-w
-q

c:\test
debug rox!
c:\

Edited by Vormavius

Personally, I vote for ed. I mean, it *is* the standard, after all.

As for Dreamweaver, I've used both, and didn't notice too much of a difference. They're both useful, if that's the kind of program that suits your needs.

Edited by Tanyia