Eternal Lands Official Forums
the_antiroot

a change of plan fot the_antiroot

Well, I started to play EL between 2 1/2 and 3 years ago id class myself as a 2nd generation oldbie.

Im in the top 100 in most skills, the top 200 in all,and other skills lie in the top 5 and top 20

I have powerleveld much of this with guild (and friends) support.

But after getting knocked offline for 3 days I now see this "powerleveling" is not wat I want to do.

I am 2 things, a moderator, and a councilmember of JusT, and without compromising thse roles, Ive decide that I'm just going to play Etrnal Lands from now on, and not play Eternal leveling.

dont mistake this as Im not going to level, just that from now on Ill level things s I enjoy doing, but at a pace thet suits me.

end of the day, this is me taking a more social role in the game

Sounds like a good plan Anti :icon13:

It's never fun to do things in a hurry and only go for lvls all the time, it's easy to forget to have some fun when you play like that.

Best of luck with your new game plan and have lots of fun! ;)

I had times I thought the same as you did, but then I had to defend my top position so went lvling hard again. Anyway goodluck on it!

A wise step, Andy ;)

I m,ade that choice along time ago..I often hear players wonder what im doing at beam for hours in a row...why Im not leveling..

Well..as you did; I leveld enough..and to be honest..I never playd to get high levels, altho I have nothing to be ashamed of. Like you..I have been around here for 2 years and..about 3 months now..lived through server changes, crashes, rollback and even survived the Big Boom..where we all lost our Char, guilds, items and skills.

At this point in my 'carierre' i spend most of my time in assisting others to stay safe and become as happy as i am in our Eternal Lands.

Dot get me wrong..I level..but not to level..but to play better and have more fun :icon13:

And that..my friends..is what this World is all about..have fun, relax..and get away from the hectic life thats outside of the Eternal lands!

Peace be with you The_Antiroot, and *hugs* :)

Jez

Glad to hear you decide to have fun... :D

A decision more ppl should make if you ask me... :evilgrin:

Kyls

This sounds like 'no leveling is fun, and power leveling is no fun' I hope you didn't mean it. :P

Everyone should do what they think is enjoyable. When I started playing EL I enjoyed helping others, guiding newbs, doing things for the guild ... scarr would call it 'wasting time'. Now I find more pleasure in doing things for myself... I will most probably go back to my old style of playing one day... who knows.

Anti ... you should always do what you feel like doing :dry:

Well Ive been doing this stratige of yours for awhile now, Unless im mistaken, ive been here for well over a year now, and 7/12 of my El life ive been using this stratige.... and Look how i turned out, you reallly wanna end up like mid? hahah Nah, I do admit to having 10x much more fun than i did before... and i kinda feel the same way.. Plus i gots adhd, Soooo this is alot easier, *Looks over at paper entiled "War of the mods teh sequel" and says.......... Ill do it later* speaking of wich, it will come.....eventually, so stop buging mid about it! Im not a insane creativity machine you know!, but anyway It is alot funner to not focus on the skills so much is all im sayin

-Mid

QUOTE(Kylara @ May 16 2006, 09:04 AM) *

Glad to hear you decide to have fun... biggrin.gif

A decision more ppl should make if you ask me... whistle.gif

Kyls

This sounds like 'no leveling is fun, and power leveling is no fun' I hope you didn't mean it. tongue.gif

I meant leveling for the sake of leveling isn't fun... but now you made me think of it... That's just how i feel, could be different for others ofcourse.. :P

I think you should do whatever makes you happiest, for some power leveling is fun, for others it's not. Anti, you 're one of my best friends here on EL and always given me good advice, I'm glad you're taking your own advice. Do what makes you happy here and have fun at it :P

*hugs*

Whatever makes you happy Andy. I'll miss training with you. Hell I already do. But it will be nice to have you not so distracted so we can get back to talking like we used to. But if you ever decide you want to train, let me know, so I can give you back some of that awesome xp you gave me for so many months.