Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

Am I dreaming?

I may be imagining this, but I seem to have noticed that the first garg I attack after I sign on almosts kills me :) - if not for HE - before I start owning the others much easier. Yesterday I needed two remote heals to beat the first one, when usually a med garg (wingless) maybe takes 20 MP max off me!

Of course it could just be me being tired after an hour on the train.... or maybe I just need to warm up!

My full health is currently 65, btw

I may be imagining this, but I seem to have noticed that the first garg I attack after I sign on almosts kills me :( - if not for HE - before I start owning the others much easier. Yesterday I needed two remote heals to beat the first one, when usually a med garg (wingless) maybe takes 20 MP max off me!

Of course it could just be me being tired after an hour on the train.... or maybe I just need to warm up!

My full health is currently 65, btw

I should have known the snipers would come out. What have I said that is so unheard of?

the excitement is killing me :)

i found a fitting picture :omg:

2076.jpg

At least you cared to respond :)

You could just be really unlucky...when I trained on gargs, I'd train for hours on gargs that came nowhere close to killing me, and then all of a sudden, BANG! I woke up in the underworld. And that was with about 65 HP as well...

As for it always happening when you log on...that's really odd :) Maybe you just need to invest in a good pair of rabbit feet :omg:

And what's with all the nasty replies?

You could just be really unlucky...when I trained on gargs, I'd train for hours on gargs that came nowhere close to killing me, and then all of a sudden, BANG! I woke up in the underworld. And that was with about 65 HP as well...

As for it always happening when you log on...that's really odd :) Maybe you just need to invest in a good pair of rabbit feet :omg:

And what's with all the nasty replies?

Thanks for the first helpful comment Tanyia! :)

Will see what I can do about the rabbit feet!

Edited by EaglePrince

As for it always happening when you log on...that's really odd :D Maybe you just need to invest in a good pair of rabbit feet ;)

Will see what I can do about the rabbit feet!

I gotta wonder how lucky rabbit's feet are - not that lucky for the rabbit, if you ask me...

another thing that you can try doing is hitting the home key (fleeing) once your health starts to get low and you are having difficulty healing.

and as for them hitting you hard every few gargs or so, that's normal. It has something to do with the critical hits. Don't ask me how it works, cuz i have no clue :blink:

It happens with ogres as well. I'll kill a bunch, hardly lose any health, then on one unlucky ogre he'll send my health flying 20-30 points down. So, it's really just critical stuff. Makes you have to watch the screen more often and not be dosing while fighting ;p

-kat

The gargs hit harder once its night time in the game.

lol?

another thing that you can try doing is hitting the home key (fleeing) once your health starts to get low and you are having difficulty healing.

and as for them hitting you hard every few gargs or so, that's normal. It has something to do with the critical hits. Don't ask me how it works, cuz i have no clue :)

It happens with ogres as well. I'll kill a bunch, hardly lose any health, then on one unlucky ogre he'll send my health flying 20-30 points down. So, it's really just critical stuff. Makes you have to watch the screen more often and not be dosing while fighting ;p

-kat

Thanks kat. that makes sense. :)

Never understood the critical-to-hit, critical-to-damage stuff myself!

;) Never knew that!

tho, I suppose it's logical to have gargs get stronger at night.... :)

Isn't in caves allways night? Isn't the caves places where sun never raises? ;)

Isn't in caves allways night? Isn't the caves places where sun never raises? :blink:

True, but no matter where you are, if it's night it's night, right? :huh:

Guest stalag

:blink:

True, but no matter where you are, if it's night it's night, right? huh.gif

:huh:

med garg (wingless)

med garg is the one with wings and large the one without..

right? or they changed that? :blink:

med garg (wingless)

med garg is the one with wings and large the one without..

right? or they changed that? :blink:

I have heard different definitions of 'medium' with regards to gargs, which is why I specified the one I was talking about :huh:

Have a look at these:-

medium garg and

large garg

Is it medium with respect to height, or strength, since, in my experince the tall one is not as strong as the wingless one?

Edit: fixed typos

Edited by EaglePrince

I've gotten an equal number of answers as to which is medium and which is large that I gave up asking!

To the original question, I think it's imagination.... When I was new, I thought that deer, rabbits and beavers were harder to kill the further away you got from IP. There's even a post here somewhere about it. Turns out, just a coincidence....

CEL's help site is correct, as is the EL main site.

Medium is the shorter stocky wingless one.

Large is the tall one with wings.

(It started out this way, always was this way until somebody made their own help site and messed it up and people started quoting that)