Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

Someone enlighten me please...

I don't fear such summonings, but there is a method to the madness of the rules.

The point of "Do not summon in crowded areas" (or whatever it says) is confusion, fright, and lag.

Too much activity where players are concentrating on sitting still and manu'ing, alch'ing, harv'ing, or chat'ing is annoy'ing.

Newbies freak out and go play 'Checkers-The MMORPG of Squares'.

The area lags unnecessarily while summons munch on dirt, our CPU's sloooooooww down.

Summoning isn't for looking cool, it ought to be specifically for saving your butt in a PK situation or battling specific meanies.

Edited by Samanex

I don't fear such summonings, but there is a method to the madness of the rules.

The point of "Do not summon in crowded areas" (or whatever it says) is confusion, fright, and lag.

Too much activity where players are concentrating on sitting still and manu'ing, alch'ing, harv'ing, or chat'ing is annoy'ing.

Newbies freak out and go play 'Checkers-The MMORPG of Squares'.

The area lags unnecessarily while summons munch on dirt, our CPU's sloooooooww down.

Summoning isn't for looking cool, it ought to be specifically for saving your butt in a PK situation or battling specific meanies.

There were about 2 people in the area, and 10 ants. I would call that "battling specific meanies".

I generally leave disputes and whatnot alone, but I have to say something here. I was in MM cave. MrMind summoned three fluffies, thats it.

Shallara: hi guys

(*) MrMind178 summoned a Fluffy Rabbit

Shallara: eeps!

Regar: eep :dives out the cave:

SplargaMan: grrr

MrMind178: take the bait stupid ant

Considering there were between 7 and 10 ants crowding the entrance of the mine, I thought it was a perfect idea. The ants attacked the fluffs, and died. I have to admit to healing the fluffs, lol. I was there for at least 15-20 minutes, from the beginning, and no one EVER mentioned in local about it being an issue. If anyone had, I, at least, would have taken steps to correct the problem immediately. It was mere chance I was there when it happened, I had loaded up on healing essence and was going around healing victims of Mother Nature. When the summoned fluffs started killing the ants, I started healing them as well. Everywhere there is information available to newer players that explain the difference between summons and regular creatures. I learned.. others learned.. Nothing wrong was done, whether by intent or oversight.

LMAFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MrMind178: take the bait stupid ant halrious thinking bout it i might go ant smashing, and afaik from what the rules say and as far as my imagination will allow me to go, before i geta lil peeved, and at TIMES mm silver mine can be crowded but for the most part unless someone gets an even there is no reason to go clicky click click click, i'd hate to see peopel go after someone who summons things people cant kill...with in reason of course.....least get on him for market practices not summoning lol :omg: lub j00 mindy

Actually, I was pm'd before any summoning happened, with a rulecheck regarding using fliffies to huint ants in MM caves.

I responded that up to 2 fluffies, but preferably just 1 woul be ok in that area.

I see no problem with light summoning in such areas, as it is mass summoning that causes mot problems. 1-2 flufs in the caves really wouldnt make a significant problem with lag.

And btw., summoning 1 fluffy at Raven is legal?

Raven is much more crowded, you would probably get everyone there yelling at you and using #abuse.

Raven is much more crowded, you would probably get everyone there yelling at you and using #abuse.

I'm not speaking about myself, as I don't summon, but I have seen someone summon a fluffy there and count how many noobs it killed. I don't remember who he was, because it was such a long time ago.

...except one thing - could that be construed as summoning in a populated area?

I summon 3-4 bears at a time on the ants, they don't live for very long and generally reduce the crowding in an area. It's the only way i've ever made money at summoning :ph34r:

Summoning like a few animals in a cave is not a big deal, so long as you don't summon them in the IP cave.

If you summon like 10 at the same time, that's not OK.

I'm not speaking about myself, as I don't summon, but I have seen someone summon a fluffy there and count how many noobs it killed. I don't remember who he was, because it was such a long time ago.

Correction : The summoned fluff killed noone, the newbs attacked it and died. Summons don't attack unless in pk maps.

Correction : The summoned fluff killed noone, the newbs attacked it and died. Summons don't attack unless in pk maps.

It is actually this use of semantics that spawned the "no summoning of fluffies on IP rule", as I understand it.

We now have an updated summoning rule. It has been changed in the forum listing, and we are working on getting it changed in the ingame rule window asap.

16. No Summoning Near Populated/High Traffic Areas.

Do not attempt to summon or bring your previously summoned creatures with you near populated and high traffic areas(e.g. all storages, Wraith, “beamâ€, NPC's, ships, etc.). In addition on Isla Prima and its insides, do not summon anything higher than IP's natural inhabitants(e.g. rabbits and beavers). If your summoning is causing such problems as, but not limited to, lag or resource blocking for other players, in addition to the above restrictions, you may be asked by a mod to stop and move somewhere else to summon.

ex·em·pli gra·ti·a Audio pronunciation of "e.g." ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zmpl grsh-, k-smpl grät-ä)

adv. Abbr. e.g.

For example.

EEK! *runs in between LadyWolf and Aisy*... *looks at Aisy's hammer, and LadyWolf's Serp*. eek, this could get messy!

There is no need to get snarky.

People are getting REALLY uptight about stuff and I'm starting to notice (I'm usually the last to know). Please everyone take some deep breaths and coming into my office to vent rather than taking it out on each other.

Edited by Torg

I posted that in case someone wanted to say they didn't know what the largest animal native to IP was..;)

*laughs at Torg* such a funny little man... me wuvs aisy lol

*laughs at Torg* such a funny little man... me wuvs aisy lol

:darty eyes:

I was never here. You did not see me.

You know you have to cross your I's and dot your T's around here..errr..anyway, You know there are people that like to scream : "It wasn't specifically stated word for word in the rules !!!!111!!11oneone eleven!!".