Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Release candidate 4

Other than being unable to exit PL storage (No i don't have custom maps), and a bit of a decrease in FPS when I max out perspective, it appears to run ok.

the memory usage in RC4 is much higher. it was 10-30 MB in RC 2 and 3 and here it's 80-100+ MB. the FPS is lower than the previous 2 RCs.

the client no longer crashes on changing the resolution or full screen though.

i'm with widows XP

athlon64 2.8

512 Ram

GeForce FX 5700

so far RC2 was best for me

RC4 had no speed improvements, it had some bug fixes plus support for the shadows using frame buffer objects (which allow for greater shadow map sizes, and much better quality, at the cost of the FPS).

We will look into those bugs..

Works great for me, with the following exceptions;

I can't exit PL storage

My error_log-file:

Log started at 2006-01-10 23:23:55

unknown frame property "CAL_idle3"
unknown frame property "CAL_pain3"
unknown frame property "CAL_die3"

My system:

Intel P4 3.4 MHz

RAM: 1GB DDR

Graphics: ATi Radeon X850XT

Ok, the "can't exit and enter" places problem has been fixed, the code should be in the CVS soon.

I will make another release candidate tomorrow...

I found out this the last 2 days:

cut&paste does work very strange.

Meaning, i cut something from mozilla with CTRL-c and try to paste it into the client with CTRL-v, doesnt work. I must press CTRL-v 2 or 3 times to paste it.

And sometimes i even paste some old content...

Piper

Edit: stupid typos....

Edited by The_Piper

I had the same problem with PL storage exit; haven't tested tent in Tahraji Desert (i don't pk) or any similar probmems on C2. Yesterday CVS head would exihibit this problem, but today's CVS head works ok. The commit that made the difference has date: 2006/01/11 00:45:06; author: xaphier; Comment: "Ghost bug fix fix". Thx for the fix xaphier! :P:P

6-7 crashes (2 when entering DP storage)... about 1 crash per 1 hour

rc 2 and 3 where ok for me.

This is the error....

ppName: el.exe AppVer: 1.1.2.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.5469 Offset: 000b3d32

Ati 9500 card

Edit: I was in SKF at 132,112...crashed same error...and every time I log in I crash again after about 1 second...

Tried poorman 1 and framebuffer 0 in el.ini.... no effect

I am switching to RC 3 until next candidate comes

Edited by Stormer

Compiled the latest-greatest on Linux and the first thing I noticed that changed is that "Near Plane Distance" is clipped on animated models for me.

Current official client: walking and viewing from the rear, characters/monsters will appear at the edge of the screen as soon as they possibly would.

CVS Client: characters/monsters do not appear till about half down the screen. There were time I was approaching an ore deposit that I thought was empty, and didn't see it was crowded till I was almost right on top of it.

I played around with the near plane setting and it didn't seem to do anything.

System:

AMD 2800XP

Slackware 10.1

Nvidia FX 5700 Ultra

1.0-8178 Drivers

Had to update one library but otherwise this is running great on my system. Thank you.

Which one?

libcal3d, Debian Stable has libcal3d10 and your dynamic build needed libcal3d11. It was a quick easy fix, but if you have time a static build might allow more Linux users to test easily. If you need hosting space I'd be happy to provide it.

Just had the opportunity to view the portals room with the RC4 client and the reflections are horrid. Elsewhere the reflections are very nice and crystal clear. In the portals room they are terrible. RC4 Portals Room Screenshot

Note: yes, frame buffer support is enabled, running on a GF 6800 w/ v8178 drivers.

Addendum: notcing a similar problem in the TG garg cave. Happens here after picking up a monster drop and eventually clears up.

Edited by jamincollins

I had some problems like that asswell, each boat i saw had weird looking sails on it with strippes all over.

I got a winfast A340 graphics card

windows XP servicepack 2

1 gig ram

120 gig harddisk

Infern0

Can you post a screenshot please?

Just had the opportunity to view the portals room with the RC4 client and the reflections are horrid. Elsewhere the reflections are very nice and crystal clear. In the portals room they are terrible. RC4 Portals Room Screenshot

Note: yes, frame buffer support is enabled, running on a GF 6800 w/ v8178 drivers.

Addendum: notcing a similar problem in the TG garg cave. Happens her after picking up a monster drop and eventually clears up.

I just tested it, works fine on my system (ATI mobility 9600, WinXP)

Just two things for now.

Portal Room has -1 light sources. That could be the cause of a few strange things there.

Sometimes the client fills up the memory on the graphic card. I have a 6600GT with 128 meg ram. using 2048 for shadow map size it doesn't happen that often, but if i use 4096, it happens very often.

I will get back with more detailed information about the second problem.

//Gasp0dE

There is not much of a difference (visual difference) between 2048 and 4096 shadowmaps. So far, there is no need to use such a large shadow map, no?

Addendum: notcing a similar problem in the TG garg cave. Happens here after picking up a monster drop and eventually clears up.

I don't have these problems at all.

Stay at a house corner and you can very easilly see the difference. But thats not the major thing. The thing was that it fills up the memory on the gfx and when it was full, it still tried to put textures or whatever to the gfx.

//Gasp0dE

Edited by Gasp0dE

RC 4 will not work at all with my system. I'm having to run off of RC 3 to be able to play, it started working better, altho it has a tendency to freeze up when I enter or exit a building.

Specs:

Intel extreme graphics 845g chipset (works fine with current cvs)

512 gb ram

2.8 p4 intel celeron ®

xp sp 2 (fairly fresh load)

I just saw something weird happen to a player that came by.

strangeman1hn.jpg

i dont know if its my laptop that causes this problem or some code in EL.

maybe you can fix this?

I just saw something weird happen to a player that came by.

I have seen this once too, but since I never saw it again I figured it was a glitch in my system. I've also seen a couple of totaly black creatures (wolves, deers) once. After a relog the problem was gone and I never saw it again.