Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Mixing delays -do you want them back, and why?

Do you want Mixing delay times back?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Mixing delay times back?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please also tell us why or why not you'd like the mixing delays to come back. They were taken away with the cooldown update because we figured there would be too many delays and waits. But maybe that was a bad thing?

Please also note that there will be some reductions with the cooldown amount for some items. I can't give details as to how much or which items as I do not know, but the values will be tweaked a bit.

mixing delays and cooldowns arent mutually exclusive...i don't think they should be very long, but a couple seconds delay shouldnt hurt very much...it will need to be tweaked tho.. :bracess himself and prepares for ppl to disagree with him: :P

If the delays are reasonably short it's okay. It seems redundant to have one effect overlap another.

I also have the Power Hungry perk, so any more time spent waiting is more feasting to do.

It's hard to vote without more information. If food continues to be the limiting factor in production (due to cooldown) then there is no reason for, nor do I want mixing delays. If food cooldown is reduced to a token amount (<10 seconds) then putting the delays back would be useful to help control overly fast production.

But the comment in the base note (tweaked a bit) implies a small change to cooldown values. I'll have to assume that's not reducing it to a token amount, so voted "no" on delays.

But the system is simply to complex for me to be able to really comment on one without knowing the status of the other.

For this issue, I voted no. The delays is what made me stop leveling in crafting, one of my favorite skills. I can understand waiting a bit but some delays were just WAY too long. (Moon Medallions, Rings of Damage, and Rings of Disengage were the killers). Some delay wouldn't be bad if the current cooldown on food was toned down a bit as well but too much of one thing isn't always better.

If they were adjusted so that some of the items that flood the market take longer, and some of the other things are shorter, I'd vote yes. But since its in addition to the cooldown, I have to vote no.

I think the mixing delays were a much better way to control the number of items made, although some values could be tweaked a bit (some thing should take longer, like HE's, but other are too long as they were). My favorite option would be to drop cooldown, or reduced to a token amount and get the mixing delays back. I vote yes in the hope cooldown can then be dropped again or be reduced significantly :evilgrin:

I think the mixing delays were a much better way to control the number of items made, although some values could be tweaked a bit (some thing should take longer, like HE's, but other are too long as they were). My favorite option would be to drop cooldown, or reduced to a token amount and get the mixing delays back. I vote yes in the hope cooldown can then be dropped again or be reduced significantly

That's also my opinion, I couldn't say it better :)

Ok, in summary:

-As long as the cooldown remains, you don't want mixing delays.

-If cooldown is dropped, you do want mixing delays back.

Ok, in summary:

-As long as the cooldown remains, you don't want mixing delays.

-If cooldown is dropped, you do want mixing delays back.

That summs it up pretty well, or at least cooldown on food should be drastically reduced. the big effect cooldown has had is adding more steps into mass production, but mass production is still do'able. So really have very little effect, other than maybe removing coins form the game. What had greatest effect on mass production was mix dealy times, they stopped, or greatly hindered mass production.

One more thought, keep cooldown, hopefully adjusted, but revamp the amount of food it takes to make items. Base the food required to mix/make items be determined off of the amount of time it takes to make items, in my opinion that is how it should be anyhow. If you have something flooding the market, just increase the mix time by one second, and see how that affects the market supply/demand.

The main point, im my oppinion, is that delays:

pros: protects server against crashes; demands a better strategy in order to get things done;

cons: annoys players; makes it harder to new players catch up older ones;

Well, server protection is the main issue, I think. I would choose to have the minimum delay (in mixing, cooldown, etc, all put together) enough to protect the server with an extra security upper bound. I am pretty happy with el atm, and I like this new issues, as they challange us, but I reccon the danger of introduce some new features as its hard to predict all side effects they will cause. I am pretty sure that if something unwilling will happen, mods, given time, will correct unfair modifications, so I try to give some time even if a new event brings some bad consequences.

I'm wondering why this thread is still here ? Since Ent made a poll I think it's worthless to get this poll ... I think Ent just stated two extreme opinion, YES or NO. There is no way to get something mixed of the two ideas ...

Is there a communication error between Roja and Ent ? Or was this just a heavy reaction on all the bitching ? I hope you keep thinking of getting a mix of delay times and cooldown.

This post isn't really meant to bitch but it looks like there are going things wrong :medieval:

Grtz Me

Mixing delays are an effective way of controlling mass production but with food countdown it is no longer the main cause of delays. Mixing delays have a major advantage over food countdown as they are based on your SKILL level where countdowns are based on the item you are useing, this has the effect of makeing things much easyer for people that have worked on thair levels.

Overall a good ballence between both would be a good solution, a much reduced item countown to set an absolute minimum time for production and a level based mixing delay to specify the maximum time for production would have a fairer result.

For this issue, I voted no. The delays is what made me stop leveling in crafting, one of my favorite skills. I can understand waiting a bit but some delays were just WAY too long. (Moon Medallions, Rings of Damage, and Rings of Disengage were the killers). Some delay wouldn't be bad if the current cooldown on food was toned down a bit as well but too much of one thing isn't always better.

Exactly.

The cooldown times (on food, especially) just need a slight reduction. Mixing times should not return IMO, they are slow, tedious and I think cooldown can be more effective.

i would like some more info about what's going to be adjusted and what kind of new items will be available if the cooldown stay's..

can't vote now cuz of to less info