Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyprom

Gerunos Trilogy

I want to host a contest. It exists out of three parts.

I will need some help from a moderator though. I hope anyone wants to help me out. More information will follow later on. Have fun all!

Signing up here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Edit>

Ok, here are some things you might want to know:

- Date and place: WSC Meeting Hall, 14.00 (GMT), <date depends on the help I will get>

- Donations: pm me in-game

- General Rules:

* You can buy stuff if you cannot make/get something yourself.

* There will be a hint channel (waiting for moderator to tell me the number)

* EL rules must be followed at any time.

Story

Edited by Cyprom

Roleplaying Event if I am not mistaken. Set a time and date, Let us know in game and we will announce it, you are welcome to run RP events. Im all for them. I cannot get online much but if I am online Ill join you.

just an ordinary contest really but you're allowed to roleplay if you want to, and if you want a prize for the roleplaying then you gotta pay 100gp or sumthing..

i'd just like to say i'll enter in aswell..

oh and also cyp told me this weekend he didn't really have any prizes yet.. or maybe.. not that good prizes yet.. i'd like to say i often see people donate some prizes for someones contest if anyone would like to donate any prizes to cyp that would be nice =) oh and i'll guarantee you (if you think he might steal the stuff, he's not that famous after all) if he would even try to run off with them he doesn't live far away i'll get him for it then ;)

that was it really

PS: prize donation is a request of mine, not cyps idea, *edit* oh and almost forgot i donated some stuff too

*edit2* just noticed he mentioned donations in his original post.. nvm what i said

Edited by ssjgohan

I couldn't get on alot due to exams and stuff, i will start this tuesday with all preparations. I wanted to edit my first post last week but it didn't work, ill try again now... :w00t:

The story for the people who didn't understand the hyperlink part:

A long time ago, there was an emperor in the shadow realm. His purpose was to obtain the power of Gerunos. Gerunos was a creature that looked like monstrous human, except for the fact that his skin was made out of fur. The power he possessed was the one thing everyone had always dreamed of. He had the source of existence. It was locked up in 4 gems. A blue gem which

contained the power of water, a green gem for the plants, a red gem of fire and a colourless gem which gave life. You could almost see right through it, but due to the light which shone in the middle of it, it looked like it was white. In a battle with the beast Kadloss, a dark spirit created by all hatred in the hearts of us humans, Gerunos sacrificed himself to save our world. The 4 gems changed to regular stones and our existence became unstable. But 16 millennia after this had happened, the emperor wanted to find the stones so he could become the ruler of the world. It was a tough journey, but he found them. Thanks to his intelligence and the books he had read. Next to the stones, he found all kinds of fur. He took everything and turned around. Then he saw an inscription on the wall. It said: “Only the gathering of the 7 Eternal Monks can revive the power of the gems.†The emperor left and sent out messengers to find the monks. It didn’t take long before all of the monks were in front of him. Every monk was given one piece of the

password that was needed to awaken the powers within the stones. The first 6 monks told the emperor what they knew, but the last monk refused to speak. He had found out about the emperor’s diabolical plan. The emperor was furious! In his rage, he summoned Kadloss from the other dimension. Kadloss had become guardian of the Eternal Prisons after he had lost to Gerunos. He locked up the monks for ever. A few years later, the emperor felt that his end was near. He quickly shattered the stones and spread the pieces all over the world so nobody could do what he couldn’t. It has been that way for another 13 millennia. But now Kadloss found a way to merge his dimension with ours! The Eternal Prisons are on our planet, and so is Kadloss. He will attack us soon, so we must prepare ourselves. We can’t beat him on our own. That’s why I ask all brave warriors in Seridia to help me free the monks, revive the power of the stones, and resurrect Gerunos!

I'd like to come iffen I can get online at the right time.

Since Brom doesnt seem to get online, I wonder if any other mod would help me out. I also need people who want to control the contest chars (Will need about 6 for first part).

Then I'd like to set the date to Thursday 29th December 2005.

And I also want to let you know that the prizes you get on the day itself may suck real hard, but with the stuff every player collects, i will buy better prizes which you wil receive a few days, maybe a week later.

But don't expect them to be the best ever... It's the first part, so I will need some more for the other 2 parts, If their are enough participants in the first part, I might make more winners in there, without prizes, but with permission to join the next part. We'll see about that, first of all I need a mod who gets online once in a while :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<edit>

Forgot to mention that I'm now member of the Dutch Event Team. So this is an official DET contest :D

Cyprom: DET Staff

Edited by Cyprom

still need to know date and time and stuff

I set a date in my previous post and the time was already set from the first post...

Of course it might chance, depends on the mods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<edit>

Hm I better move this contest too a much later date... Since this is a DET contest and there r already 2 other DET contest coming up, I think its best if we wait a little longer.

First enjoy the big treasure hunt and the world championship of pking.

When DET is famous (won't take long with all our plans) I will start the contest. Hopefully there will be more members (=helpers) en of course more participants then. You'll hear more from us :lol:

RP Master of the Dutch Event Team wishes you a lot of fun :P

Edited by Cyprom

Im a darn busy guy, ;( But If you give me a date and time I will try my best to make it.

I started working on the contest again. Don't get all too excited, I don't know if my guild is going to help yet. If they don't, this will probably all be canceled. If they decide to do, keep your eyes out for a new post which will contain DATE and TIME.

Prizes (may change in the near future):

1) Full Plate Set

2) Iron Helm, Steel Shield, Steel Chain, Body Piercing Cloak

3) 100 Damage Rings

Another aswesome event by the one and only JusT guild! Thanks guys, sign me up! (Hopefully I'll be able to play while it's going on.)

Edited by diablox

I started working on the contest again. Don't get all too excited, I don't know if my guild is going to help yet. If they don't, this will probably all be canceled. If they decide to do, keep your eyes out for a new post which will contain DATE and TIME.

Prizes (may change in the near future):

1) Full Plate Set

2) Iron Helm, Steel Shield, Steel Chain, Body Piercing Cloak

3) 100 Damage Rings

I will be happy to help out, but really will depend on date & time. I should be able to contribute some prizes also.... will discusse that in game, as to what you could use.

Count me in! :blink:

Though I can't guarantee my participation, it all depends on the date and time.

- Sistema Silverwish.

VERY IMPORTANT POST

DATE: Wednesday 12/04/'06 (dd/mm/yy)

TIME: 18.00 GMT+1

Contact me if you can't make it, there's a second possibility: Saturday 15/04/'06, if I get too many messages, the contest will be moved)

PRIZES (please don't wait for last contest to join just because prizes are better there...)

Part I: (Value +- 17k)

- 2 Enriched Life Essences

- 1 Excavator Cloak

- 50 Disengagement Rings

- Monster Magnetism Cloak

Part II: (Value +- 18k)

- Steel Chain

- Steel Shield

- Iron Helm

- Leather Boots

- Leather Pants

- Steel 2 Edged Sword

- Monster Magnetism Cloak

- 5 Enriched Life Essences

Part III: (Value +- 20k ea)

(only part with 2 winners, both get following prize)

- Iron Plate Mail

- Iron Cuisses

- Iron Greave

- Iron Helm

- Steel Shield

- Body Piercing Cloak

Edited by Cyprom