Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Amulets instead of MM perk/cloak?

Amulets instead of MM perk/cloak?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Please read message below fully before voting!

• Yes
    • No, keep things as they are.

Why not just a aimple,easy to make ,stackable Potion of Avoidance.New people go for weapons and armor first then figure out medallions.A whole bunch of new amulets makes it even harder for them to decide what they need to acquire.If they need to go get a book in a dangerous place,a few Potions of Avoidance should see them through.Maybe make them from black roses and earth essence.

I suggested a while ago about perfumes, colognes, ect that would have monster names on them. Storyline wise, you use it to smell like them so it confuses them and they don't attack you. Technicalwise, there would be a perfume for each time of monster (ie Ode 'de Orc, Goblin Gas, Chimeran COlogne).

lol that s good for role player and the story line LV but who in there right mind wants to smell like a cyclops :w00t:

Please wash before you come to town. Thank you. :)

Posted on another thread last night, but probably more relevant here:

A couple of thoughs on limiting Monster Magnetism from someone who has benefited from the perk:

•  

• Effects nullified if you engage in combat -- if you are being aggressive, then the monsters will notice you! Good for genuine pacifists, but still permits exploitation by bag jumpers. Perk is disabled for the combat/map/time...

• Red rage monsters -- if a monster survives a fight, then there could be a chance it goes 'red' (as in invading monsters). These already igore MM (as I found out :P ), so not good for monster magnetists lurking around waiting for death bags.

I am reluctant to throw out something completely if it only partially works. Better to analyses what is wrong, and try to improve what you already have. Wholesale replacement usually means you are back to square one with finding new and exciting problems with the design :)

As usual I go for the third option in a "Yes"/"No" poll...

Edited by trollson

Hi!

Just writing done here some my points of view about this. Voted yes mostly for tactical reasons..:P

But anyway...after thinking a bit about current mm and its goodies and badies..

MM cloak can be destoyed only when using it during fight. Maybe it would be more fair if it would be "destroyed" in future with same chance to everyone...and so it would be if mm would be a ring effect. Forexample if a player wants to train on multi monster area he would need to use a mm-ring and get for example one hour mm protection. Same also for explorers. Current mm makes it maybe too easy for "bag-hunters" to just sit on fighting area with mm perk and then pick the goodies.Also they couldnt just borrow main characters claok and use "free" mm. With ring they wouldnt do that so much for only dbs, or if would,they would also support grafters..:)..or then NPC if so..

If ring price would be about 500 gc ... it would be possible to train dozen hours with same price as a mm cloak. For me it "sounds" more fair way of mm.

Old fashioned MM cloaks could be traded with NPC for dozen of rings..

There really is need to get more grafting profit and of course later in c2 there will be a lot need of new rings too.

Wraith's mm perk is very hard to get if need it when oa is about 80 as I did...7 mil oa to get it. It also cant be switched off as cloak can. So a ring or something like that would give more freedom.

Edited by Ratman

I voted no on this. I do agree that the MM perk needs to be done away with and the players compensated for the pickpoints and money they spent on it. I also agree that the cape needs to be reworked. Maybe may it that you have to have a certain skill at a certain level lik it was back in the old days. Or maybe make it where rationality has to be at a certain lvl to use it. Like you have to have rationality of 16 to be rational enough to know that you need to use a cape to not die.

Interesting. I am for getting rid of the MM Perk. Keep the MM Cape and create these Amulets! I like the multiple amulets for different creatures, That way you can be immune to say, fluffy's while training on Cyclops in SKF. Good idea.

For those of you who are complaining about taking that MM Perk, rest assured Im sure things will be worked out. Just removing the perk from the Wraith would be a good start, leave those with the perm MM perk alone. But that decision will be decided on and implemented when the time comes.

I say keep the MM Cape. Use the Amulets for invasions but only 1 amulet can hide you from a certian monster like Cyclopes Amulet.. Cyc's can't see you but everything else can..It would just make more stuff for the crafters to make :P

I see 4 main groups who use MM:

fighters wanting to only fight some of the stuff in an area. gargs in VC, trolls in SKF, whatever

Indeed! Keep the MM!! :hehe:

I see 4 main groups who use MM:

fighters wanting to only fight some of the stuff in an area. gargs in VC, trolls in SKF, whatever

Indeed! Keep the MM!! :hehe:

nice use of selective quoting.

just after that I said that the fighter situation is where MM is the wrong approach, and more spawns with variety so that fighters can find somewhere safe to fight at their level was the answer to this case

I vote no. It would be too much of a hassle to have to figure out what charms or w/e you would have to take with you to travel through a map. Just remove the MM perk and let there be only cloaks. if u like being chased by chimmies, take the cloak off, and if u wanna do something in a 'dangerous' map, equip the cloak. its simple. :blink:

here is my take:

split the MM perk into seperate perks pr aggressive monster type. this way you dont have a single perk that makes you a non-target. if the monster type is in a invasion force, it ignores the perk, just like now.

MM cape, not sure. maybe it should be renamed the pacifist cape or something :blink:

monster scent, i kinda like this idea. just give me some kind of indication as to how long its lasting ingame :)

Edited by duran

I thought we should take this in a new thread since it's another issue...

Shouja sumed it up nicely:

Okay, so working from previous ideas:

You could have a simple Amulet of Protection that would give you 1 minute of monster immunity against all monsters, sold for 50gc by a Gypsy NPC on Isla Prima. This is targeted at newbies. Crafters cannot make them. 1 minute should be enough to avoid most monsters when exploring. Probably a good idea to make this one non-droppable too, just so that newbies don't get too pissed at spending their first 50gc on buying protection, only to die and lose it by accident. Non-stackable too, which would probably make it less attractive to higher-levels who need the extra inventory space.

Higher up, we have Goblin Charms, Gargoyle Charms, and various other monster charms which can also be bought from the Gypsy for higher prices, or can be crafted. These give you a time of protection equivalent to your charm level. So, a person with 15 charm who uses the Goblin Charm would stay protected for 15 minutes from all forms of goblins. If you want an hour of uninterrupted titanium harvesting from PL to WSC, buy 4 Skeleton Charms, 4 Goblin Charms and 4 Gargoyle Charms and use one of each every fifteen minutes. (ie. effects of different charms are stackable... you can charm more than one type of monster at a time).

Going further on, you could have Cursed Charms, which would give you only a probability chance of protection against all monsters, but also use your charm in another way. For example, if you use a Cursed Charm, there's only a 70% chance it will work to protect you against all monsters, BUT if you do get attacked, your charm level is added to the damage points that you do to the monster. So a person with 15 charm level and a Cursed Charm may not be able to avoid combat, but he still stands a good chance of winning it (+15 damage to each successful hit on the monster). Those could be useful for people looking for a fight in maps with different monsters.

~Shouja~

Only thing I disagree with is that crafters SHOULD be able to make them! This is a big market item! Of course NPC's can sell them too, and can sell ones for newbies pretty cheaply.

The amulets should be droppable-remember newbies level 1-7 I think, don't loose items when they die.

Remember guys these are just ideas, not necessarily going to be implemented, that's why i'm posting for your ideas/suggestions/opinions first! :blink:

That is ridiculous! non sense, doesn't even make sense! :)

Well, I like the idea of charms\amulets, but I don't like the idea of taking mm away. So I really can't vote yes or no. :blink: