Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brom

Medallions/Rings

Main purpose of this post is I want to see the medallions hanging off of our characters as we stand. If you are wearing a Moon Medallion I want to see that Moon Medallion. I do not think it would be THAT difficult to do. If you are really feeling ambitious, factor them into the fighting animation or walking animation with slight movement while walking and bouncing while fighting.

Another thing is about Rings. I would like to see 3-5 slots added JUST for rings. Then those rings (silver or gold) could be seen on your fingers. But the medallions are a much bigger thing than rings to me.

Medallions = Please

Rings = later when you have time.

I understand this is just a visual addition, but I really would like to see the crafters work.

Yes! And they don't even have to move if it'll be to big a job (but moving would still be cool). And more types of medallions.

This would be a nice thing 2 see, u can see the gloves wich wasn't possible b4 so it would be nice 2 seee the medalions 2.

About the rings i don't think thats nessecery, it's such a small thing 2 make visible, could be a good thing in RP when ppl get married in-game and so on but it wouldn't be that visible (thats what i think might be possible 2 make them easy 2 spot).

What i do want 2 see when it comes 2 rings is a TP ring for TG and NC! :blink: thats something i hope is in progress.

What i do want 2 see when it comes 2 rings is a TP ring for TG and NC! :) thats something i hope is in progress.

215668[/snapback]

I want to seem when it comes rings to Irillion :wacko:

NC and TG can be accessed without much distance from VOTD, and Morcraven Marshes and Grunabi Peninsula can be accessed by Naralik.

But there are places far in C2 and we have to walk a lot of time there :w00t:

It would be fun to see the meds, and i want some new higher level stuff for crafting, but it is for other threads ;-)

I think they may reduce or even stop prices to go to C2, but now it's expensive because it's in the experimental phase. By then, they will develop C2 rings.

I think they may reduce or even stop prices to go to C2, but now it's expensive because it's in the experimental phase. By then, they will develop C2 rings.

215755[/snapback]

Im highly doubting the price will be reduced. :confused: That is I hope it does not. We need Cash-Sinks :) Anyway back to topic. I would really like to see medallions on the characters that are wearing them.

Edited by Brom

By giving (I would say 2) more slots for rings, it would mean more crafting items - as the highest level to craft is still Diss rings.

These rings should be as powerful as the medals ( +2 Defence or +2 heat & cold protection or +2 Cold Damage etc) or use some positive perks (only the 'useless' ones like: Careful guy, No More Tears etc).

Give them to us! Why?

Because we (I) want them!

By giving (I would say 2) more slots for rings, it would mean more crafting items - as the highest level to craft is still Diss rings.

These rings should be as powerful as the medals ( +2 Defence or +2 heat & cold protection or +2 Cold Damage etc) or use some positive perks (only the 'useless' ones like: Careful guy, No More Tears etc).

Give them to us! Why?

Because we (I) want them!

215890[/snapback]

::Smiles broadly::

Atomos had been tampering with stuff in his secret laboratory. He was playing with a emerald medallion and was tampering with polonium, plutonium, uranium, and einsteinium. He had the ring in a pool of liquid nitrogen for storage, and took it out. He went wadling off and grabed the bars of radioactive elements. He had one to many items in his arms, and tripped. The ring and radioactive elements flew into a beam of energy flying from one conduit to another, and there was a burst of light. Atomos covered his eyes, and when the green flash subsided, he went to a small glowing object. "Eurika!" He had created the "glow in the dark perk" medallion, or nebula medallion, or nuclear medallion, etc.

A green medallion, un-craftable, only about 1000gc, and it gives you perk.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

If by what you (D_N) say that these medals should be created in the same way EFEs are created then I would agree.

Or make them craftable with the use of Enhanced magic essences (which currently has no use).

Yes, when making normal medallions you have a chance of making this, but you must have a EME in your invetory. That makes it all the more valuable, but it's not as good as a stars medallion because stars does damage regardless of defense, armor, etc., while there is such thing as radiation protection. On the other hand, it gives a use to EMEs.

Atomos had been tampering with stuff in his secret laboratory. He was playing with a emerald medallion and was tampering with polonium, plutonium, uranium, and einsteinium. He had the ring in a pool of liquid nitrogen for storage, and took it out. He went wadling off and grabed the bars of radioactive elements. He had one to many items in his arms, and tripped. The ring and radioactive elements flew into a beam of energy flying from one conduit to another, and there was a burst of light. Atomos covered his eyes, and when the green flash subsided, he went to a small glowing object. "Eurika!" He had created the "glow in the dark perk" medallion, or nebula medallion, or nuclear medallion, etc.

A green medallion, un-craftable, only about 1000gc, and it gives you perk.

216099[/snapback]

Umm, make your own thread ;P But Im giving you the heads up, the odds are not too high on this one.

I had to search a bit to find a post like this, I agree totally. With the new medallions in effect now, I think it would be great to show off a shiny new harvest medallion while hanging around the lupine bush etc. BTW, I've noticed no mod's have replied to this post. Is there any info on if this will ever be implemented or not? Yes or no is fine, just an answer would be interesting to hear!

A link to the programming forum...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=241307

A quote from the first post..

Make 2 more accessories for playable characters by using up the last 2 spots in the texture block

This is so we can have neck items visible(fox scarf, medallions, etc), and also a face item(glasses, masks, etc).

Basically, this post was replied to in a different manner.

BTW, I've noticed no mod's have replied to this post
au contraire... brom used to be one of the moderators :icon13:

as for doing it, like acelon's link says, it's on the TODO, and just needs someone with the time to TODUN it