Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warmastermage

Platinum

Why not have platinum bars that can be used to make more advanced jewelry?

The ingredients would be like

8 platinum ore

3coal

8fire essence

They would be used to make good jewelry example

Ring of Irrilion

1platinum bar

1 fire essence

1 of every polished gem

1 silver bar

can teleport to anywhere in irrilion one time use

Ring of Serdia

1 plat bar

1fire essence

1of every polished gem

1 gold bar

can teleport to anywhere in EDIT:SERDIA one time use

Medallion of Sky

1 plat bar, 1 plat med 1 fe

Add 10 to acc and deff and 5 to damage

Ring of ambush

1 sappire and 1 ruby

1 platinum ring

1 platinum bar

1 fe

combination of dis ring and damage ring

freezes for 20 secs and damages 20 hp

These are just examples i like to hear comments about platinum jewelry. ;)

Edited by warmastermage

Why not have platinum bars that can be used to make more advanced jewelry?

The ingredients would be like

8 platinum ore

3coal

8fire essence

They would be used to make good jewelry example

Ring of Irrilion

1platinum bar

1 fire essence

1 of every polished gem

1 silver bar

Ring of Serdia

1 plat bar

1fire essence

1of every polished gem

1 gold bar

Medallion of Sky

1 plat bar, 1 plat med 1 fe

Add 10 to acc and deff and 5 to damage

Ring of ambush

1 sappire and 1 ruby

1 platinum ring

1 platinum bar

1 fe

combination of dis ring and damage ring

freezes for 20 secs and damages 20 hp

These are just examples i like to hear comments about platinum jewelry.  ;)

203569[/snapback]

Just use platinum coins instead of the bars, expensive but pssible to do.

I was thinking that bars should be used, and platinum ore should be added for more harv alch and craft exp

lets say that harving the ore would give like 60 or so harv exp or more

weigh 4 emu or more

give 250 alch exp for making it

and lots of craft exp

but requires like 50 harv 50 alch 50 craft or more?

I was thinking that bars should be used, and platinum ore should be added for more harv alch and craft exp

lets say that harving the ore would give like 60 or so harv exp or more

weigh 4 emu or more

give 250 alch exp for making it

and lots of craft exp

but requires like 50 harv 50 alch 50 craft or more?

203580[/snapback]

Platinum is quite light metal:) The problem shouldn't be wieght of it, but place it is in. Let's make it in secret place and force players to use teleport to range spell to get there. And put there some cyclops or fluffs or chimmies (yes!!! let's make cavern chimmie and make it guard platinium!).

Platinum is quite light metal:) The problem shouldn't be wieght of it, but place it is in. Let's make it in secret place and force players to use teleport to range spell to get there. And put there some cyclops or fluffs or chimmies (yes!!! let's make cavern chimmie and make it guard platinium!).

203972[/snapback]

I really like the idea as well as the platinum rings and medallions. I'm looking forward for higher lvl crafting itens.

And the chimmie should not care about monster magnetism to make the things more interesting! :D

Making the platinum mine hard and/or fluffy-infested wouldn't keep the deposits safe for long -- once found it will be overrun with miners, and most non-Fighters (that I know) use MM perk or cloaks.

If it cost to enter the mine this would slow down the production a bit, but so long as it was profitable I doubt this would serve as a great dissinsentive.

One way to really limit the occurance of platinum would be to make it the 'enhanced' form of another metal. Platinum is associated with Nickel in RL, but we don't have that in game. So maybe there would be a chance of producing a Platinum bar when making Silver bars in EL?

Platinum ore can be interesting for another thing.

In the platinum ore (im speaking about real world)

can be found other rare ore like the Osmium or the

Iridium.

Osmium and Iridium are used for to harden metals.

About game, we can have platinum mines in Irilion

where we can dig out Iridium (1 Iridium ore every

1,000 Platinum ore, 3 Emu each Iridium or Platinum

ore).

Platinum bar:

8 Platinum ore

3 Coal

8 Fire essences

Iridium bar (white color):

8 Iridium ore

6 Coal

11 Fire essences

Platinum is good for jewelry, Iridium is good for

manufacturing. Armors and weapons, with Iridium

like special ingredient, will be more resistant.

I liked the idea Irilion/Iridium :D

Blodoks

Well Irridium was sposed to come afaik. Id love to see thantalus tho (strongest known metal, third highest known melting temperature,)

@ vanyel : don't take this as an insult but platinum, isn'texactly a very light metal, it has quite high density and its atomic weight is 195.078 .just incase smn hasn't studied chem, the lightest known element is hydrogen , atomic weight - 1.

The heaviest known is about 292 .

//edit : typos; i cant remember neither H nor Uuh's density, if interested check webelements, they might have it.

Edited by Dimov

Well Irridium was sposed to come afaik. Id love to see thantalus tho (strongest known metal, third highest known melting temperature,)

@ vanyel : don't take this as an insult but platinum, isn'texactly a very light metal, it has quite high density and its atomic  weight is 195.078 .just incase smn hasn't studied chem, the lightest known element is hydrogen , atomic weight - 1.

The heaviest known is about 292 .

//edit : typos; i cant remember neither H nor Uuh's density, if interested check webelements, they might have it.

204038[/snapback]

I would love to see some in game only metal and alloys, such as legendary metals and so on.

Ok, the technical stuff:

platinum in a high density metal, but the rest of the comment is nonsense. Metal density is related as how the atoms are packed togheter, not related with the weight of the each atom alone. As an exemple iridium is more dense than platinum, and the atom of platinum has more mass than the iridium. :(

And you can remember the density of the H because he is a gas, and density of gases is related with variable termodinamic conditions. And you cant remember Uuh density because it is very hard to get measured because it cant be produced in quantity to allow any measurement.

And i am a chemist in real life, just in case i get flamed.

203972[/snapback]

to solve the mm cape and perk problem, make the monsters guarding it have the red names, so not even a mm cape or perk can save you

What about adamantium ????

adamant or adamantine was the mythological metal, dating back to Greek mythology.

adamantium was the variant in the Marvel universe (Wolverine's claws and endoskeleton).

IMHO we should use the former spellings (and I really don't care that it has been using in RuneScape!) :glare:

Or, make up your own!

Berrilium

Phosto

Giulium

Yyulln

Sixluthium

Aldoylyn

Heh.

Rojaium

Entorium

Bromium

Placidium

Ghraeum

Tanyiaium

Beornium

Astrocreepium.... Ok yeah.

adamant or adamantine was the mythological metal, dating  back to Greek mythology.

adamantium was the variant in the Marvel universe (Wolverine's claws and endoskeleton).

204706[/snapback]

Adamant in greek also mean diamond with some other gemstone. Several mithology gods and heros used adamant armor (Hercules, or Loki (of norse mithology)) comes to mind. So its very nice and coherent with a medieval setting.

The mention of Marvel in a medieval setting makes my stomach revolves.

EDIT: Brom, in real life there are bromine, although is a halogen and not a metal.

So you can feel special. :D

Edited by Lorck

H's molar volume occured to me like after a min or 2 after i posted ( 22.4 l/mol ), and well, ur right bout Uuh , it hasn't been seen yet, only a few particles have been ever sinthesised , and they only had a half-life (i believe this was the correct term in english) of fractions of a second. so in general, i take ur criticism, cuz just a few minutes ago i was looking for something in a textbook and it went like blablablaium has a density of xxx therefore is a heavy metal (if it's innacurate, blame my translation, it's 1 am and the textbook is from 1979)

Oh, and i wouldn't have flamed joo anyways ^_^ ( former guildee)

edit:

+ Brom you can feel "smooth" cuz bromine is the only nonmetallic liquid (in normal cond)

+ A metal i'd love to see is antimony (Sb). my old chem teach told us that the name derives from anti-monk , cuz it was in the soil of some monastery's garden and the monks there got chronicaly contaminated ( i believe this was the correct english term for long-term small dose consumption). Why do i want it? incase we get aggresive monks in the temples, we should have antimony/antimony coated weapons to fight back with

+ another one i sugged is Thantal, very strong and hard to melt, could be used for weaps.

Edited by Dimov

Vermorium sounds like

Crematorium

or

Vermin orium

Ver-Mourge-Ium :icon13:

Yes it could work.

Some random notes:

-gases are highly affected by thermodynamic varitation, so any variation in temperature, pressure, etc, will affect the density of the gas;

-very short lived elements have chemical properties only estimate, since proper measurement is very hard because of the very low quantity of the element in question;

-the origin of the name antimony is unsure. I doubt the name come from anti-monk since antimony was knew by the ancient greeks and i dont remember any reference for "old greek monks". Some suggests the name came from the greek words "anti" and "monos" who translate to something like "opposite to solitute". Other suggests the name come from the egipcian expression "antos ammon" who translate from arab for "bloom of the god ammon";

-the metal vermorium sounds cool;

-i would also welcome some poisoning alchemical substances, something you can but in yours blade or in yours projectile (when those get implemented). I used to roleplay in a old roman setting and it was very cool how the ancient romans (especially the elite) used such poisoning substances.

I edited the mistake in my first post. What the i leave this almost dead post for a week and it turns into a hot topic! My skill must be improving. Back on topic I really like your ideas that you have posted on my thread thanks for the feedback. :blink:

How about put the only titanium mine inside a pk area? A secret hard to get place like the tarsengaurd sewers? The mine wont be pk but the only entrance to the mines will be in a pk area. That should slow down mass production of platinum and rare ores!

How about Warmastermagium? :(

Edited by warmastermage

Platinum coins have no current use atm. If exchange rates were relaxed and platinum used to create bars (and later into other things) would give it a purpose.