Eternal Lands Official Forums

I have been plugging away at the texture masking task. If I finish it, this wil become a lot more feasible as a guild could probably pick from a collection of image layers to have a custom look (of course you would need the appropriate graphics hardware to run it well).

<rant>At any rate, even though I am not a developer (I just make patches to help the community), I strongly do believe that whatever implementation of this occurs be paid with real money to the devs. The developers have put a lot of time and effort into this game, and as such deserve a little more respect. It is prefectly reasonable that getting a special perk just for your guild should cost money, considering only your guild gets to benefit from it. Just because you can get the game client for free does not mean that the game costs nothing, especially to those who invest the time to make it better.

</rant>

I have been plugging away at the texture masking task. If I finish it, this wil become a lot more feasible as a guild could probably pick from a collection of image layers to have a custom look (of course you would need the appropriate graphics hardware to run it well).

<rant>At any rate, even though I am not a developer (I just make patches to help the community), I strongly do believe that whatever implementation of this occurs be paid with real money to the devs. The developers have put a lot of time and effort into this game, and as such deserve a little more respect. It is prefectly reasonable that getting a special perk just for your guild should cost money, considering only your guild gets to benefit from it. Just because you can get the game client for free does not mean that the game costs nothing, especially to those who invest the time to make it better.

</rant>

as to u'r rant i for 1 never complained about paying in real cash for stuff like this i was just looking for details on what we could do and what was planned for the capes and what was planned for the ingame getting of the individual capes - if any of this is stil being planned i have a couple suggestions on that if i knew where things stood exactly i'd b glad to put forth suggestions - but as far as paying the devs i have no problem w/ paying the devs for perks and stuff like these - especially things guild speciffic - because guilds are able to show togetherness and pool their money (the adults neway) to keep the entire cost off of 1 person

but our guild wants these capes and we just want the information on them so we know where things stand and maybe some of us can offer help in some way or another

I have no complaints with you DC. My comment is directed towards a couple people on the first page, and a lot of gamers in general.

I assume you can post suggestions here and hopefully they will not get lost/buried. I have a lot of ideas myself (some of which I already discussed with Roja). But it is all rather contingent on a ton of other factors.

Edited by Drakos7

well if u search for posts posted by me u'll see this is where i post most because i see alot of potential of this game and see a few things that need fixed (like my comments on economy/market threads) but i'd like to hear some of u'r ideas as well and maybe we could make them more viable - i also have ideas for the storyline but being a freelancer i'd like to have something to show for that so i don't post in that forum - instead i've helped make our guild GOLD so popular by creating quests called deeds w/ storylines w/in the main storyline that guildies love - maybe i'll pass some of these to the mods for ideas on special things in-game like mini invasions and the like that could make things funny though maybe a tad inconvenient...lol

vwpro's idea is similar to what I have been thinking.

. Layer 1 Background shape (circle,diamond,square,triangle, plus)

. Layer 2 Background color (5 simple bold colors)

. Layer 3 picture (sword, shield, skull, gem, axe, or maybe an inventory item)

That gives 125 (5*5*5) combinations right there.

Just impliment a material if not done already and also extra layers for the capes. Why is this so hard? Nearly all 3d engines nowadays support multi texturing.

This would minimise total cost and expensive. Instead of streaming file data of new custom capes or updating the client everytime so everyone can see a new guilds cape. They should just have a selection of images. Sword, Shield, Bird, Helmet, Ank, Cross, Book, Etc... and people can choose a color of the mask and it goes on any cape you're wearing based on your guild id.

Whats the progress on this feature anyway?

This would minimise total cost and expensive. Instead of streaming file data of new custom capes or updating the client everytime so everyone can see a new guilds cape. They should just have a selection of images. Sword, Shield, Bird, Helmet, Ank, Cross, Book, Etc... and people can choose a color of the mask and it goes on any cape you're wearing based on your guild id.

Well the problem with this is that most of us in LNX would probably like a penguin on ours. Does that mean a pengiun would be standard image? (brids don't count).

Well they didn't have LNX back in fantasy/medievil times did they. So you would have to be stuck with a bird.

It doesn't have to represent the guild just something common to wear or noticeable. imo.

Well they didn't have LNX back in fantasy/medievil times did they. So you would have to be stuck with a bird.

It doesn't have to represent the guild just something common to wear or noticeable. imo.

But if it isn't something you want, then why bother?

Just impliment a material if not done already and also extra layers for the capes. Why is this so hard? Nearly all 3d engines nowadays support multi texturing.

If this is not hard then please implement it for us. I actually have better things to do, but I try to help.

Isn't that what I just said?

Whats the progress on this feature anyway?

Check the multi-texturing thread.

But if it isn't something you want, then why bother?

I have to agree with this.

Of course with the caveat of it has to meet with Roja's approval.

maybe to help every1 it could b like this:

the standard layer idea for a good bit of ingame money for every1 like maybe 10k gc

or

the $200 design fee for special designs (approved by Roja) and simply implimented at the end of the week as a patch untill a client update is ready and then just added for every1 else along w/ it

edit: maybe give those special cloaks thier own temporary image that shows that they're waiting if the propper textile cant b found so new players can ask and get told about the patch and experienced players just know that a new path is available

Edited by DemonCowboy

Here's a protoype of what I think I would want our guild's cape to look like:

GuildCloak.jpg

Could even skip the "EDK" just thought it would be pretty cool to show the guild tag on there too :D

German Coat of Arms = Awesome :)

I don't wanna beat a dead horse but I would really love to see this implemented, and could see myself paying real US $$ for it too :)

i think u might have to tone that doubt a bit and actually make something that would look better and go w/ the textile mesh in the game but it's a good idea just too complicated for use in the game but i'm not the 1 that approves the designs i think that would be up to Roja - but just from what i saw it didn't even go w/ the rolls in the cloak and looks kind of out of place but that's only my thoughts

The crest is nice, the big huge EDK is too much though. It is too modern looking, and overwhelms the entire cape. I would suggest you add the EDK to the crest image instead.

Very true - the guild tag spoils the effect. Also... the crest needs some working it's too flat.

One day we, if the godZ (Roja&Entropy) bless, will have custom capes (for free hopefully :wub:) - that's

Thanks for teh comments and suggestions... :)

Take 2 (this one is a Sean Originale ;) ):

GuildCloak2.jpg

Don't know this kind of reminds me of Medieval Times. Let me know.

*EDIT* changed the transparency of the shield in Photoshop...this makes it more natural looking I feel.

Edited by sbarstow

that looks much better - not sure about the yellow though or how it would look at a distance i think that's also part of the concern Roja has about the designs (not sure only guessing) but that does look a good sight better i'd love to see Roja's comments on it so we can start to get a feel for to do/not to do for custom designs that we try to submit to her (effectively helping her in the end which would help us too)

A small comment on the cape design:

You have to blend it in to the cape more, now it looks like a piece of cardboard stapled to the cape. Take a look at the customized capes that are in the game and notice how the images flow with the shading.

Hint: the layer options in photoshop might do the trick for you.

As it is now, sbarstow, the cape look awful, no matter how nice the shield might look.

A small comment on the cape design:

You have to blend it in to the cape more, now it looks like a piece of cardboard stapled to the cape. Take a look at the customized capes that are in the game and notice how the images flow with the shading.

Hint: the layer options in photoshop might do the trick for you.

As it is now, sbarstow, the cape look awful, no matter how nice the shield might look.

Harsh... but true.

Just keep trying.

Lachesis and Zeplin already did a feature like that. In the past (not sure if that still works) you could compile the client with a special flag so you could see the eris/chao guild-tag (check the custom folder).

Personally I think there are far more important things than a customized guild cape and if it ever get's implemented and available for everyone, I hope there will be very very strict rules (no colors, etc..).

Edited by kl4Uz

this topic seems to be really lost...... but i think it should be opened back up, and maybe more consideration. Possibly not just able to get it through real life $ transfer, but like sugested before, a quest or maybe gc. Say a guild is started, and they want a custom cape..... they would have to raise so much gc, like a million gc, and it would be traded to Roja (beings she is doing the work) and the guild would be able to have a special customized cape. This cape can now be bought, for additional 20k gc from each new member, which would be given to roja for the cape (members in guild during the time of the 1 mil gc transfer will get the cape without 20k gc extra) This would be a cool way of representing your guild, and jsut cool to ahve a custom cape :pirate:

Any thoguhts on this, or maybe an improvement? plz post

We have this functionality and have had it for a long time.

Options - Server - Custom Looks Update.

A slight change in an ini file, one click on the settings and you can have custom meshes for your character. No more information is forthcoming from me.

Btw, way to necro a thread. Can you ask this zombie to check me for brains again, he tapped my head and walked off.