Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

I need your input guys!

I happen to agree with Leeloo.

I think the Wraith should be moved to somewhere discreet and misterious (FoTF? Tirnwood). Give him a storyline and some real purpose, and have us give some effort into finding him. I think IP should be beam free too, but allow the newbies to get a decent grasp of what they can do before throwing Nexi, Attributes and Perks at them.

If they were to spawn at the Tutorial NPC anyway, it wouldnt hinder and character developemnt; just allow them a quiet and less daunting way to start.

I like the idea of moving the wraith and splitting it into 3-4 NPC's.

One for attributes, one for nexusses, one for positive perks and one for negative ones.

Attributes, a ghost, maybe the Queen of Nature, hidden in a forest

Nexusses, a wise old dwarf hidden in a cave. Has a huge knowledge and can teach you a lot of abilities ( = gives you nexusses)

Positive perks, a mage in the TG Magic school, since the effects of perks is pure magic, nothing one can learn. Put him in the maze somewhere and people will have fun.

Negative perks, an evil creature hidden in Naralik catacombs near the lava, or, even better, in underworld (to be in league with the devil, lol).

Just my 2 cents.

Piper

Newbies shouldn't be wasting pickpoints before they know what they want to use them for.

And how many people who have been playing for weeks, even months in some cases, STILL don't know how or where to use their pick points? If your basis for moving him is that noobs shouldn't spend pick points until they know how to use them... and if by moving him, by the time they find him they will know how to use them, then I guess we can get rid of #reset since anyone who can find them will know what they're doing and mistakes will be a thing of the past.

If however, you believe that #reset should be left in the game because people WILL make mistakes in the use of their pickpoints, does it matter where he is then? If anything, it allows noobs to experiment with their pick points and begin to see the effect of various distributions without getting lost while making a long treak to find the blue man.

Isla Prima is suppose to be noob friendly... sending them across the lands to choose pick points (that they will probably #reset a few times anyway) hardly seems Noob friendly.

Guest jane13

The Wraith looks ok, and should stay where he is, and I don't underestand why you want to change him, graphics is not the thing that bothers me here. Graphic part of the game is done decently and I see no need to change it, since Wraith is some kind of EL tradition.

Newbies shouldn't be wasting pickpoints before they know what they want to use them for.

Isla Prima is suppose to be noob friendly... sending them across the lands to choose pick points (that they will probably #reset a few times anyway) hardly seems Noob friendly.

152430[/snapback]

There is too much at once for newbies entering the game. They need a tutorial, not an overwhelming bunch of choices that they have no idea about. THAT would make IP newbie friendly.

And I think it would clear out the clog of people to have a place to get their pickpoints somewhere else. And that would let the newbies explore and try things out and learn in peace.

Leave the wraith there, he is tradition. But have him teach the newbies. :) (And #reset has nothing to do with anything here)

Perhaps make a #tptw command that acts like #beam me, but takes you to wraith.

I would hate to walk across whole maps to see the Wraith.

The beam me command is useful :o

If you move him, Newbies won't be able to get Attributes. Which are rather vital..Without raising Physique and Coordination a bit to start off with, even the Rabbits eat them alive. =/

Um..DON'T get rid of him! xD He's the last part of old Isla Prima that any of us older players have. :X Move him then put someone else in his place, if you want. But, just don't kill him! =P Like..make him part of a Quest or something? :P It could work..

Eh..if you do move him, and try to keep his services there, don't give them to Tutorial NPC. The Newbies will be overwhelmed with all the speech options. :X

My two and three eighth's cents..

Please don't get rid of the Wraith :P Just a few days ago I was looking at him and thought "I really love this Wraith, he's the coolest part of the game". Ok, perhaps an update, but I say dont' change his overall look. I would miss him so much I think I'd cry! (ok, maybe not cry...lol)

EDIT: What if newbies spawn at Tut. NPC instead of Wraith? Then he's standing right in front of something called "Tutorial". And with a non blue name (hard to see now against other blue chat), perhaps they will see him more often? A thought...

Edited by Tanyia

One more reason to move the wraith (from a different thread):

On my first day I wouldn't go near the wrath for fear that he would attack me... well he does look scary to a n00b.

I agree. Don't delete him, just move him.

I have seen newbs get confused, wandering between both the Wraith and the Tut NPC, not knowing what one's orders to follow.

Also, IP is packed as it is - it should be moved to a place where players who have the knowledge of how to use their pickpoints can go in peace, away from the clutter of IP.

At the top of a mountain, inside a volcano, or at the top of an ancient temple are some good (mysterious) places for him to go. But not too far that it is too much of a hassle.

And three seperate NPC's is not really a good idea. It's hard enough for newbs to figure out what pickpoints are about without them needing to know which NPC they have to go to for what.

On the wraith, I like the idea of splitting him up into multiple NPC's, one of which would be a polished up version of the current wraith.

One #beam me, if it gets removed then I think there really needs to be some automated way for people who get stuck to escape. Maybe a short random teleport? Or a set beam point on each map that isn't anywhere near anything useful? Otherwise moderators are going to spend a fair amount of time extracting people who have been trapped at storage or harvesting, etc.

I still think that its a draw on whether or not you move the wraith. It seems thats the way people are voicing their opinions. Some for moving, some for not.

However i do think splitting the wraith might be a good idea. Perhaps one for perks in one location, one for nexus' in another, and another in a separate location for attributes. Then make a story that binds them together about how they were separated.

I'm always for stories! :o GO STORYLINES!!!

I think it looks fine. But don't go by me i still play my 8 bit nintendo every now and then.........if u haven't already try to download an emulator and get the game called destiny of an emperor........still after all this time that game kicks @ss. :unsure:

i took my avitar and signature from that game btw if u were wondering who those people were. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChangeYourName

once i was back when i was fooling around switihing around things and i made wraith a red eveil thing by switiching somthing and that looked pretty awsome

So we are to then bid farewell to the Wraith as we have done our dearest Granny; the stoic Faris; the ever jovial Garris; Andrew, who was always up for a drink, and all the others who have quietly wandered out of our lives to spend the rest of eternity on the lost island? 'Tis a sad day indeed for those who knew such names. Seems like more and more of this "Eternal" land is not so very "Eternal".

At any rate, Piper has a very good idea. And I agree completely with Leeloo that having him right there with the readily accessable #beam makes it far too easy to beef up phys/coord. Hmm, maybe it's just me, but perhaps some of these "Forgotten Ones" could be resurected to fill the bills of perk/nexi/attr despensors.... :)

Not that anyone ever listens to me anyway... but I figured I'd just throw that out there.

~E.S.

I think that the wraith looks cool as it is.. don't change it :D

It might be a good idea to move it off of IP though, I think that newbies are confused by it.. (probably it and the tutorial NPC being so close doesn't help) and will unwisely spend pp also. I know when I was a newbie I got rather useless attributes/perks! Perhaps moving it off IP would help that. I do like having it so easily accessible, though.. :D

I think the Wraith looks good, maby needs a better glow 2 it 2 make it more mysterius, but it might be better 2 move it 2 another location maby a cave of it's own somewhere?

I think that the wraith looks cool as it is.. don't change it :huh:

It might be a good idea to move it off of IP though, I think that newbies are confused by it.. (probably it and the tutorial NPC being so close doesn't help) and will unwisely spend pp also. I know when I was a newbie I got rather useless attributes/perks! Perhaps moving it off IP would help that. I do like having it so easily accessible, though.. :P

153501[/snapback]

Well, personally, I don't think anything should be so easily accessible... the beam seems to have served it's usefulness, as it was only even meant for testing maps, not giving a speed advantage...

8?

16?

:D

153675[/snapback]

Or possibly even 2^2^2^2 = 256