Eternal Lands Official Forums

Do you want a new storage GUI?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a new storage GUI?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

I don't know. The you'd have to check the box first, and drag the stuff out of the window. Apart from the fact that I don;t know which icon to draw while dragging, a single click on a button seems much more convenient to me.

I changed the trade window to be drag/drop based:

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/pics/trade2.jpg

It's in CVS now - to use it use -DNEW_TRADE. The server has gotten a few changes that haven't gone in effect yet - for instance non-stackable items will be put in the trade window the same way as the stackable items; if you've chosen a quantity of 5 and drag a non-stackable item into the trade window, you will put 5 items on trade. Previously all non-stackables had to be put on trade independently. Furthermore it will not send you the description of the given item when examining an item (so only the name and hte EMU, to save space). In the future I'll keep the messages in the trade window and in the inventory window seperated.

Tell me what you think about it :P

Edited by Wytter

for instance non-stackable items will be put in the trade window the same way as the stackable items; if you've chosen a quantity of 5 and drag a non-stackable item into the trade window, you will put 5 items on trade. Previously all non-stackables had to be put on trade independently.

163794[/snapback]

I love you!

I changed the trade window to be drag/drop based:

Furthermore it will not send you the description of the given item when examining an item (so only the name and hte EMU, to save space). In the future I'll keep the messages in the trade window and in the inventory window seperated.

Tell me what you think about it :P

163794[/snapback]

Will this mean that you cannot see if someone is trying to sell you a degraded item, passing it off as pristine?

All degraded items are named as such. For instance Pre-Owned, Second Hand, Used, Damaged etc. The description only contains extra info such as item statistics.

If you really want this extra info though, then np. I'll probably just create a scroll window for the item info then.

All degraded items are named as such. For instance Pre-Owned, Second Hand, Used, Damaged etc. The description only contains extra info such as item statistics.

If you really want this extra info though, then np. I'll probably just create a scroll window for the item info then.

163802[/snapback]

as most people aren't that familiar with all the items in the game, it could be better. especially useful for cases where someone may tell a mostly newbie that the steel longswrd they're offering is better than the titanium short the newbie already has... if they look and they know the stats, they can tell, that sort of thing (maybe not a great example, but oh well)

Mmm, that is true. But to be honest I'd actually prefer having a new window popping up then, with a picture of the item and some text about the item, the item stats etc.. I just think that the text clutters the window too much.

Mmm, that is true. But to be honest I'd actually prefer having a new window popping up then, with a picture of the item and some text about the item, the item stats etc.. I just think that the text clutters the window too much.

163855[/snapback]

Ooh, tool-tip type pop-ups for when the mouse is still for 5 sec for all items anywhere, and also when eye-click or when you right-click in trade window.

I'd like that :(

Ooh, tool-tip type pop-ups for when the mouse is still for 5 sec for all items anywhere, and also when eye-click or when you right-click in trade window.

I'd like that  :D

163856[/snapback]

yes, a basic name other short info when hovering would be nice.

and if applyed generaly in quickbar and inventory people would no longer need the eye icon.

still, the text that is shown today is sendt by the server every time someone looks at a item with the eye, we would have to let the client carry some of the data for the tooltips or the server would have to send a lot of useless data. or maybe the client should keep a buffer of items looked at? or maybe it allready does, im not sure...

a gui that is similar to that of the current 'trade' window would be nice. i would rather have a command line interface available. this would help tremendously for the times when a storage npc is crowded with people and i can't click on them to chat.

something like:

#storage add coins all

#storage take coins 800

#storage (for listing contents, i like this feature!)

a gui that is similar to that of the current 'trade' window would be nice.

As Wytter said, next update, they will be very similiar. :P

Put a little visiual picture for the visual type of people. (like me) I know i like seeing the conentents of my bank instead of reading it....

So, when are we getting a "Deposit All" button?

:D

having storage number buttons greater than 100 would be nice too.

Ever forget to click the item in trade so that it would go to storage?

I just got 25K gc to deposit manually. Now That is a click fest! LOL

You can right click the numbers on the inventory window, and change them.