Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

PP reset

yeah a pp reset is stupid and I dont think anything help anything just give people who spent pp unwisely second chance, plus I dont think anyone who was happy with the way they spent their pps would even sugest such a flawed idea

No, you're too noob to say it.

i didnt said u couldnt discuss with me i said I wont discuss witha newb like you

I should have known there's no point in taling to a 17-years old.

Kids those days... :/

A PP reset like the suggestion of Satan is not a very good soulution; what if the mixing formulas are changed again? Spending PickPoints is not a waste, like you will still benefit from the MM perk, just a little less than before.

Things will change, try to be happy anyways :rolleyes:

So if there wil come more perks/attributes/nexus , people with oa 100+ hardly can pick 1 of the new things.... and people with low OA can get pickpoints easy.. so PP reset is a good thing! the Updats keep smeg the skills..so when u guys r done with stuf i would say a PP reset! that u get all PP's back u spended ^.^

That just seems way to much of an advantage.

for who? everyone?

I dont care too much, i spend my PPs wisely up till now anyway :)

Which is my point. Those that dont spend them properly, get to much of an advantage compared to those that do. :)

In my opinion it is good idea .

I know how hard get new pps when some1 have high oa lvl.

I am waiting for realization :)

Edited by YoUnG_ClAnSmAn

I have another idea.

I think that there should be added new option in Wraith, called remove pick point.

I suggest the following conditions:

1) at least 70 oa to be able to use that option

2) at least 10k for 1 removed pp

Makes sense ?

If u have any other ideas or suggestion discuss it here.

Regards.

:(

I have another idea.

I think that there should be added new option in Wraith, called remove pick point.

I suggest the following conditions:

1) at least 70 oa to be able to use that option

2) at least 10k for 1 removed pp

Makes sense ?

If u have any other ideas or suggestion discuss it here.

Regards.

:(

Good idea Young. If people could remove their pp for a price, they could do so if they decide to change specialties in the long term due to something like the game changing, yet it would avoid the problem we are trying to prevent which is people exchanging pp in the short term everytime they want to something different.

lol, that's a bad idea that wouldnt be inplanted for sure ( atleast i think ) if u put a wrong PP then its ur fault, then u have the option called 'RESET'

I dont' think getting all you pps back whenever you want is a good idea (unless there is some penalty). Otherwise ppl can just change their character to suit their purposes: high p/c for pk, then change for harvest, then change for magicking, buy artificier perk while making fe, dump it and change to mm so you can go to Grubani... You can see where this would lead. I don't really think that is a good idea.

On the other hand, I think ChickenGeorge has a good point.

A sharp penalty would have to be in place I think to make it work. Perhaps, to get rid of a negative perk, you lose twice as many pickpoints as you gained. These pps could be removed either randomly or by player's choice, although randomly would make for harsher punishment. This would not make the new pickpoint regaining system wealth dependent. Or perhaps monetary, although this would not help newbies who make a pickpoint mistake (as I did once upon a time).

Just some ideas :(

u wont keep changing PP's if they cost 10k gc.. or make it so that u can only change 30 pickpoints in total

:P Seems to me that changing your pickpoints could be a good gold sink. Okay, don't run someone to oa 0 for mismanaging their pickpoints. But let em buy off their perks for a set monetary amount. Okay, you took mm perk when you were a newb, and now you're 90/90 a/d. Surely you've made a lot of wealth from fighting, right? 30 platinum coins and you can have your 8pp back. Wanna get the pp back from those stupid nexus points you never did get to use much? 10 platinum and you get one nexus pp back. Also makes for a use of platinum coins that comes out kindof etherial, instead of material purchases.

:D Now it's a purchase, not a gift. Wadda ya say?

EDIT: typos and wording

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

I was previously not in favor of changing pp, but the money sink comment change my opinion. How about you charge a moderate amount for changing the first pp, say 2k, and double it for every next pp you want to change, so 4k for the second, 8k for the third, etc.

A sharp penalty would have to be in place I think to make it work.  Perhaps, to get rid of a negative perk, you lose twice as many pickpoints as you gained. These pps could be removed either randomly or by player's choice, although randomly would make for harsher punishment.  This would not make the new pickpoint regaining system wealth dependent.  Or perhaps monetary, although this would not help newbies who make a pickpoint mistake (as I did once upon a time). 

Just some ideas :P

Sure, a monetary penalty is bad for newbies, but a pp penalty is very bad for high lvl players. Once you get to the point where it takes 1 mil xp to gain a pp, even losing 1 pp is a big deal. For newbies, getting pp is easy and getting money is hard, but for experienced players getting money is easy and getting pp is very hard.

Perhaps the player could be allowed to choose between a pp or monetary penalty.

One possible system that found favors all players equally is one that limits to a certain number of pp changes per time, for example 1 pp every 2 in-game day. There might still have to be a penalty in case people do what Tanyia decribed in her first paragraph over a longer time scale, but the penalty could be reduced.

Edit: Grum's idea also solves the problem of newbies being penalized.

Edited by chintan

I think this idea is not for newbies, who can #reset and start over from scratch, build up 20 oa levels in a game day and be back on their way. It's mroe for players who have level 70 oa and don't wanna go back to zero after a large time investment in their character. So if they don't wanna spend their time relevelling, let em spend their coinage. This is more of an alternative to #reset, but also to work WITH #reset, not to replace it.

EDIT: Grum's idea is geared more toward replacing #reset. I say keep the amounts high and stationary, and all in platinum coins, and keep #reset for the newbies.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

i realy like grum's idea :-)

but im afraid the mods/admins dont like it.. cuz i havnt seen them reply yet

Edit, o yeh Placid did :-P

Edited by Satan

I too agree with Grum's idea. It's a low penalty when you only want to change some pp's to correct something you made wrong, but will lead to loads of money if you want to change a lot of pp's. And Elf, I don't think this idea is targeted to replace #reset... Assume an OA 100 player: doing a 'reset' this way would cost him 2^100 kgc... Guess nobody in EL has actually so much money :P

but there should be a limit.. maby u can spend total of 30 pp

but there should be a limit.. maby u can spend total of 30 pp

:P

to change 30 pp you would have to spend about 2^31 kgc, which is more than 2,000,000,000,000 gold coins.

Yeah, but what's the liklihood of a player having 100pp spent and wanting to withdraw them all? This would be more like 100pp, you wanna buy off mm perk and like 4 nexus. It only costs like 2+4+8+16k for the nexus, but after that, you're stuck with a high amount that only builds higher. Leave it 10k worth of plat per pp, or else why bother with the system? People might use it for a few small pp, and it'll never sink gold off the system

2^101-2 kgc Mala, you forgot to add in the cost of the first 99 pp :P .

Mala's got the right idea though, it will allow a limited number of replacements, but it will quickly become too expensive, so people can't change pp every time they want to change jobs. Reset has to change the cost of changing pp back to 2k though, in case someone changes too many pp.

2^101-2 kgc Mala, you forgot to add in the cost of the first 99 pp :ph34r:

Mala's got the right idea though, it will allow a limited number of replacements, but it will quickly become too expensive, so people can't change pp every time they want to change jobs.  Reset has to change the cost of changing pp back to 2k though, in case someone changes too many pp.

First, it wasn't my idea, but Grum's :)

And yes I know I forgot to add this costs :angry: But as most people in this forum can't even imagine how big this number actually is (I think nobody of us really can), I didn't bother to be absolutely precise :P