Eternal Lands Official Forums

Aright, I was just thinking that this would be an interesting thing to be implemented some day. How bout individualized Battle Cries.

What I mean is this. A death message that only appears when you (Specific Player) kills someone.

Examples

NeoSeS

*You were shown a New path by the Warlord NeoSeS*

Shivar

*You were given the cold chilly kiss of death by the gifted assasin that makes people shiver*

Lord Vermor

*The Lord of the Castle cleaned out his dungeon starting with you*

Platyna

*You were seriously abused, then died of bordem listening to everyone talk about how you and everyone else were abused by Teh Platyna*

Entropy

*Teh GOD sent you to the underworld, thanks for playing, don't forget to make a donation so you can get out of hell... I still have to finish that part*

Roja

*In her just and wise ways the Lady Roja decided to create a new artistic peice of work featuring your death*

Worf

*You died a good death, it is the Klingon way*

Gunslinger

*Now I gotchya, ya fir bearin' critter*

The posibilies are endless, and it would be so entertaining to see what kind of death messages people came up with. Of course there would only be one way to see them all :ph34r:...

Well hit me back, let me know what you think.

NeoSeS

Haha, we had something like this in a MUD I used to play. Some guy went around making up his own religon, calling it Trees. He even had his own book the Tree'an haha. his would be something like

"The wrath of Tree'allah was brought against you!"

Or if this were implemented mine would be

"You have been killed by a Storyteller, wow, you must be a good warrior :ph34r: "

I love it. Don't know how difficult it would be to code, but I love it anyway. Anything that gives more depth to a player's role is good for me. :ph34r:

"You have been killed by Lyanna! Wait - that's impossible! Report this bug to the developers"

-Lyn-

"teh piggy p\/\/ned j00" ;)

What a good idea. Like ska said, all you'll need is a new command (or property in el.ini):

#set_death_msg <message here>

As long as there is some form of validation and abuse control (we dont want "YOU DIED YOU F*** ~@!#^").

Great idea ;)

awesome idea!

customized death messages for each of the animals would be nice too

A rabbit pwned you?!! Go back to playing RS! :lol:

Nah, that's what the death messages are for.

"Yournamehere now looks like a molested goat"

Guess.

"You were just killed by tfree one three thousand... how do you spell it?"

Guess.

"You just got killed by a paradox!!"

Edited by freeone3000

It does sound fun, but i'm sure it will be abused by the..abusers who like to use profanity and such, ruining the game for others :( And there'd be no way to moderate it all.

Perhaps we can offer this in a $$ paid package, including a character description and some other customized things. You might even be able to have more than 1 death message. And these messages would have to be approved before going in the game.

Actualy I think that having to pay for the Battle Cry would be a good thing maybe 1.00 or 2.00 USD. My only concern would be with the programing portion of it. I don't know how hard it would be to do it, I mean to make the battle crys personal so that they only happened when the person who paid for them got to use them.

Of course they would have to be approved first :D we all know how some people can be... and if they were part of individualized packages they would be checked before they were entered in (by the programers) so that would work out perfectly.

Some day :P , but I'm sure you can all see how much fun they would be.

NeoSeS

those dumb fun spoilers (abusers)...

a chimeran wolf killed you and ate you! you f00l! chimeran wolves are much too hard for you, you're too confident!