Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TooMass

New armor breaks like candy

Titanium plate costs ~100k gc and breaks very easy. I had no more tears cloak on and killed less than 100 mountain chims and tit plate broke. I read somewhere that tit plate has the lowest break rate. I dont believe it. And i'm not the only one who lost titanium stuff so easy ;):icon13: And not even no more tears cloak helps.

broken tit plate

Well... even with a 0,00001 chance to break, it still can.

It sucks though.

yup but after 100 chims??? i use thermal serp more than 1 year and hasnt break yet...tit plate 2 days and it's broken. i think this break rate is not that low

yup but after 100 chims??? i use thermal serp more than 1 year and hasnt break yet...tit plate 2 days and it's broken. i think this break rate is not that low

Yeah, true, with no more tears it schould be almost indestructable ;)

25% Of the lowest break rate ingame

Edited by Manderijn

It means you got that unlucky chance.

i got another tit plate. so i will keep killing chims in it with no more tears cloak. If i break another one next day will u guys believe me that it breaks very easy??

I have the same feeling. As i posted earlier i broke titanium greaves fighting 3rd arctic chimerian on test server. It is ridiculous that so durable metal breaks like a candy. I understand break rate, but come on if someone spends 100k for armor he/she should use it very long. Maybe we need some warranty?

Same with titanium chains.. they also break too easy.

Jep tit chains degrade too fast, I can train for ages in steel chains, but tit chains give it up after 20-40 ogres, funny to see, that's why I quited using tit chains ages ago...

Why everyone goes training in tit plate btw? ;)

I really think its ment more for pking now, with the cold/heat protection.

And training ups the chances by a lot, in comparison to using only in pk, and iron plate for training.

Just my thoughts though.

Edited by Manderijn

Why everyone goes training in tit plate btw? :o

I really think its ment more for pking now, with the cold/heat protection.

And training ups the chances by a lot, in comparison to using only in pk, and iron plate for training.

Just my thoughts though.

u r right but when it should be the lowest chance break armor i wanted to try it.and as u can see it broke very easy. and tit shield after 200 fluffy...i think this all means something :blink:

id like to know the break rate for the new swords, ive already degraded mine twice and ive killed nowhere near 200 of anything with it.

Ent posted break rate sometime on forums. It was really low.

So I think, youre just unlucky with it. It stays random... you could break a full tit plate on a fluff in once I think.

Ent posted break rate sometime on forums. It was really low.

So I think, youre just unlucky with it. It stays random... you could break a full tit plate on a fluff in once I think.

unlucky can be 1 person or 2....but if it happened to 5+ players it's somthing more than bad luck :o

Just asume a chance of breaking anything is 1/10000

Why is it so weird to break something the first time you use it...

It just means you 'should' not break it again in the next 9999 times.

Go try again, it's nothing special unless you have it twice in a row. Even if there are 5+ who break it the first time...

The chance is 1/10K for every hit you take.

100 chims, assuming 30 hits/chim is 3K. So 30% chance to break. Which is why you should not train using expensive armor.

Fuerthermore, only the plate has a 1/10K chance. The cuisses and helms and other armor has 2 or 3 chances in 10K.

100 chims, assuming 30 hits/chim is 3K. So 30% chance to break. Which is why you should not train using expensive armor.

Fuerthermore, only the plate has a 1/10K chance. The cuisses and helms and other armor has 2 or 3 chances in 10K.

i undertand this but my point is i had no more tears cloak on all the time and it reduces chance to loose item to 1/4 normal chance. So it's only 7.5% to break it then(maybe really bad day). I'll keep training in tit plate to see when i break another one. and yes i know that only plate has 1/10k but i broke just plate.nothing else and i was just wondering if it really has such low break rate. :o

If it is totally random the chance it brakes on 100 chims isn't 30%! Every hit has the same change to break an item, it's not because you break nothing on the first hit that the second hit has more change to break something... So I think toomass had very very bad luck or there is something wrong with the way it is coded (I don't want to say you make bad code or whatever, but it just feels weird, i've never trusted the randomising made by a computer...)

You never had a day when everything went wrong? :)

LOL yes

Once broke 4 steel shields in 10 minutes of training.

Yesterday:

Degraded 3 iron cuisses, one iron greaves, destroyed 3 chains, 3 shields, 2 moon meds, some helmets and all in 2 Desert chimm runs :whistle:

On no drop day:

Degraded thermal serp, destroyed second hand serp (the degraded therm serp), destroyed shield + mirror cloak.......and all in 1 fight!! :o

On the other hand.....on other days you break almost nothing....

Have often wondered about that random generator :):D

edit : iron

Edited by Ambrosius

It's funny to see that all pro armor breaks after 1 day fighting and that regular steel chain and iron cuisses/greaves can stick with you for ages :D

I bet that if it was me who started the topic, people would say i was crying and i was stupid for using expensive armor while training. :D:)