Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thyralax

HeavyBeard the item breaker

With the break quests, have heard a lot of people still trying to break items from before i left.

So i was thinking of either 

Speak to Heavy Beard and for the price of a brick he will smash the item upon his anvil destroying it and completing that part of the quest.

Maybe put a cool down on it before you can do it again (1 month?) too stop people just completing the entire quest with $.

This is no different to some other games that let you use $ too complete stages of quests.

Heavybeard takes your brick and smashes the item upon his anvil with it  then with a second powerful blow both shatter into a thousand pieces. Panting for breath he says "you will have to wait XX amount of days before I can do that for you again."]

Pros

* People can complete the quest

* Another revenue for the store

* Remove some of the frustrations people are having. Thus help a little with player retention

Cons

* easy way too complete a quest

The second option i have thought of is a shop item

The Item breaker

Usewith on a piece of equipment and it breaks it thus completing that item from the current quest list. could sell for say $10.

After all if you want to skip that part of the quest it should have a cost.

Item breaker - When used with a piece or armour or weapon it will destroy it for you as if it was broken in combat. Weight: 1 EMU

Pro's

Same as above + generates more shop revenue.

Cons

Same as above.

The code will allow that?

because afaik, let’s say acid rain breaks do not count - it has to be a combat break. 

But ofc, radu can change it.

I liked the idea, maybe then Wizzy can brake his iron helm and we can finally see Evie in a proper gear! :D

Personally I’d love to see this suggestion be implemented into the game. It is another good way to support Entropy on all of his hard work & relieve some heartache from many players struggling with this quest. The only obvious con that I acknowledge is, the players that put in sooo much time to complete the quests themselves. I am curious to see how they feel about this.

Edited by Montez

Shouldn't be impossible to let Heavybeard break an item for the quest so that it counts.

And if you want to limit abuse, allow only one or two items broken this way per quest.

Well I can always change the code so that acid rain or brod counts, but I feel it's a bit of cheating. I can however increase the break rate of some 'ever lasting' items if you want to.

I think acid rain or brod would be very much cheating at the quest. And make it far too easy

Ever lasting items i wouldn't want to say yay or no on that i don't personally train enough to feel qualified to make a decision on that.

The main idea was just to give people a way to get past a stuck point in the quest. at a cost so they can carry on trying to complete it.

I like the idea of paying brick for a broken item. It's fair to pay for the item to be broken by a npc and its an income source for the game. I also think a 100 game day(25 real days) cool down for armor and weapons separately would be fair. Heavybeard "That was such a strain, I surely can't do that again for 100 days." This would slow down any pay to win players. I would do it in a heartbeat for my dragon blade. I've been on it for 2 years or more.

The other option would be to make Day of more grief really work, 10% chance of breaking something.

Edited by RipTide

Or what if it was only a specific break item... for example only a golden star mace or sunbreaker of destruction that could break it but broke the weapon in the process?

Not sure if that is doable tho?

I have been on the first weapon and first armor break quests for 10 years. I want to see an end of it. I've tried all the "tricks" to breaking these items and nothing has worked.  I am happy to pay to finish these quests. I'll buy the bricks or whatever you  want to move on.

I would say Yes for making the break rate higher, on the quest Helms, but for the normal iron helm.  Reason: the Steel,Ttitanium, and dragon helms are only worn for the quest. otherwise people are using red dragon of life and mana, or col. All other armors are work for all kind of reasons in fighting.

As someone who wears helms for the armor and not for the quest... don't make helm break rate different than it currently is.

Just because you only wear rdholam and col doesn't mean the other helms aren't valid choices.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:00 PM, RipTide said:

I have been on the first weapon and first armor break quests for 10 years. I want to see an end of it. I've tried all the "tricks" to breaking these items and nothing has worked.  I am happy to pay to finish these quests. I'll buy the bricks or whatever you  want to move on.

Lol i agree ?? 

Also i do train almost ever day for hours at a time... if the break rate were increased will it only effect used or damaged items ?or is that even an option?

Edited by DrtyDevil

5 hours ago, Diealot said:

As someone who wears helms for the armor and not for the quest... don't make helm break rate different than it currently is.

Just because you only wear rdholam and col doesn't mean the other helms aren't valid choices.

The best option short of having an NPC break your item is to have more grief day be adjusted. People can avoid fighting on that day or fight with armor or weapons that they don't care if it breaks. The day doesn't show up that often with all the other special days we have, so no body needs to get their panties in a bunch.

Definatly not, its ment to be a long quest, stop crying because its hard, others have done it

there has been alot of 'making el easier' in the last few years, whats next free pp if you cant level quick enough

8 hours ago, caladina said:

Definatly not, its ment to be a long quest, stop crying because its hard, others have done it

there has been alot of 'making el easier' in the last few years, whats next free pp if you cant level quick enough

I've been at both break quests for 10+ years. 2+ years on the dragon blade alone. People rage quit over less.

Edited by RipTide
to follow the rules

On 10/6/2018 at 2:49 PM, RipTide said:

I've been at both break quests for 10+ years. 2+ years on the dragon blade alone. People rage quit over less.

My dragon blade broke on first monster I used it on,  I am stuck on steel (2 of 5 left) and basically have given up.

On 10/6/2018 at 7:49 PM, RipTide said:

yep they do

Ok, I just spent the last several hours trying to break ANYTHING. FULL RED ASTRO, plus a more grief day.  Wearing a tit helm only with a drag blade, I killed strong monsters, I killed weak monsters. I pvp with Angler for over an hour, nothing broke. The quest for me is broken. Last item glitch has me. I give up, its not worth the frustration.

Edited by RipTide