Eternal Lands Official Forums
hussam

A roleplaying alternative to invasions.

At the moment, we have moderator organized invasions and the scripted GIWS invasions. Both consist of monsters than attack everyone and kill them. Strong fighters defend the lands against those monsters.

Some moderators add some storyline to those invasions.

Now how about in addition to all of that, we add special invaders? Instead of the artwork and shape of monsters, they look like normal human players but with the red name. For role-playing purposes, we can call them pirates.

You don't lose PKI if they kill you because they are "technically" monsters with the shape of humans.

They act like lenny does. They will pick up certain items from your drop like lenny does. They will kill the animals or creatures in the map they invade. They spam invasion channel with I dieded and stuff like lenny does.

The storyline could be like the pirates use to roam the continent and now they are back and trying to reclaim their land :P Make it a weekly scripted thing. If not killed within a time limit, we get a similar shame on you message as in GIWS invasions.

It can be like GIWS invasions but with a new theme :)

Edited by hussam

Might get a bit spammy if there are a lot of them invading :)

Yes, I can picture that now lol :). Wasn't a very bright 3AM idea ;)

Edited by hussam

Allthough the messages should be tweaked, I love the general concept of this idea.

Well, i like it too.

A group of pirates enters a C2 map which has a coast line, of course. Maybe 5-10 of them.

They will stay the whole night until they get killed (they don't respawn, dead is dead).

Like Leonard they are hiding in the dark and look for bypassing players they try to kill and rob.

Quite often they say something in LOCAL chat, like "Arrr" or "and a bottle of rum" or so, so players passing by can hear them and spread the news that the pirates are in Glacmor, for example.

There is NO BLUE SPAM to announce their ambush, no chat in channel 6 from the pirates, only local chat, and the #il command doesnt list them.

They do not teleport, they do not leave the map where they are on. They should have different levels, since there are like 5-10 of them, varying from 25/25 a/d for a noob pirate with a wooden battle hammer up to 150/150 a/d + shiny armor (ti chain mail up to ti plate mail, randomly choosen) + weps for a pirate captain.

They can cast heal and restore, they have some HE's in their inventory plus some other stuff they will drop when they die, like a normal player does.

This could happen every 2nd or 3rd night, for example, when they attack Hulda or one of those small islands, the chance that someone finds them (or they kill someone) is pretty low.

And i think, it would be quite funny, when a poor, innocent noob hears their chat in the dark, runs and shouts "Pirates, pirates!!!!!" in channel 6 :D

Piper

With Lenny loose a lot of players already stay out of C2 at night, add more random killers, unanounced, and more players will just stay out of C2, making C1 more crowded and laggy.

I like the general idea, but do it either like a regular anounced invasion or make them like regular mobs so mm still works for those who don't wan't to play the game that way.

Bat17

With Lenny loose a lot of players already stay out of C2 at night, add more random killers, unanounced, and more players will just stay out of C2, making C1 more crowded and laggy.

I like the general idea, but do it either like a regular anounced invasion or make them like regular mobs so mm still works for those who don't wan't to play the game that way.

Well, i like it too.

A group of pirates enters a C2 map which has a coast line, of course. Maybe 5-10 of them.

They will stay the whole night until they get killed (they don't respawn, dead is dead).

Like Leonard they are hiding in the dark and look for bypassing players they try to kill and rob.

dont make it just a C2 invasion many places in C1 that arent used that much by nubs (GP, RoT & TD)

i like this idea very much :)

I love this idea :) almost as good as me thinking a sea monster should appear on coastlines unexpectedly lol.

adds more danger to the game. I love it!! these pirates should appear on any map (C1 or C2).

Love the idea of only being able to hear them on local chat!!

Excellent idea indeed, also love the sea creature suggestion. :pirate:

+1 on the pirates / sea-monster-on-beaches concept !!

As to the question of where: I'd also like to suggest to restrict their appearance to mapy that already have at least medium levels of monster on them.

Young Draianas need to first get a chance to learn of their existance at all before unintentionally running the risk of bumping into them and being torn apart instantly.

Maybe... hmm could their strength also be dynamically adjusted to the region they appear in?

Well maybe not dynamically but there could be common pirates (medium stats, debarking on beaches of homes of medium hostile creatures, e.g. EP, Bethel, Melinis, NRM, RoT, GP) and pirate captains / commanders (higher stats, only being able to appear on truly hostile ground / PK maps, e.g. Thelinor, Hulda / II / Iscalrith (these should be ruthless fur-clad Wiking-type pirates :medieval: ), KF, TD (b/o PK)).

What do you think?

I think KF pirate captains should all be wielding BRoDs in each hand and be immune to mines and arrows. Maybe also addicted to speed hax potions :)

None should not appear without any hostile outside creatures like IotF, VotD, Nordcarn but may be hiding in lairs with hostile creatures (i.e. Hurquin and Nordcarn caves).

Edited by saxum